Glory 46 China- Rico vs Bigfoot & Marcus vs Pereira

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
G5jbpAE.jpg

H9hkX2R.jpg

Right or wrong, Bigfoot's wife is all in on this, spending time with him in China as he prepares to hopefully get a win for her birthday on Saturday.

Betting odds out on 5Dimes for Glory 46. I pounded the under 1½ rounds for Rico vs Bigfoot even with the only three minute rounds and Rico not being a huge knockout artist in this mismatch.

GLORY Kickboxing 46: China
Guangzhou Gymnasium
Guangzhou, China
October 14, 2017

GLORY 46 China - (ESPN3, 9AM ET)

GLORY Middleweight 85 kg Championship:

Alex Pereira +200
Simon Marcus -280

Over 4.5 -150
Under 4.5 +110

GLORY 46 SuperFight Series - (UFC Fight Pass, 6AM ET)

Heavyweight Headline Bout:

Antonio Silva +1050
Rico Verhoeven -2150

Over 1.5 +135
Under 1.5 -175

Too bad my crappy book doesn't offer Glory odds. I would have money on Simon Marcus or probably the over 4.5 rounds.

I use to train out of the same Muay Thai gym in Toronto with Simon Marcus. He was on another level and definitely a freak athlete. Speed, power, technique, it's all mental for him.

Too bad my crappy book doesn't offer Glory odds. I would have money on Simon Marcus or probably the over 4.5 rounds.

I use to train out of the same Muay Thai gym in Toronto with Simon Marcus. He was on another level and definitely a freak athlete. Speed, power, technique, it's all mental for him.
He looks in incredible shape in the Inside Glory 46 videos as does his opponent Alex Pereira. Unders are always tricky in kickboxing but besides Rico vs Bigfoot being a mismatch I actually like the under 4½ with the main event clash of styles with Marcus' hard kicks vs Pereira's crisp punching as five rounds is a lot of time for someone to get hurt.

Three late changes to the Glory 46 China card, not affecting the bettable fights. The Sanda rules bout was moved to the SFS portion of the card, Mark Hunt protege Junior Tafa gets a new Chinese opponent Quanchao Luo subbing in for Xiang Ye for his heavyweight bout on the main card and Argentine kickboxer Alan Scheinson steps in to replace Khaial Dzhaniev in a 75 kg bout vs Shanghai Gao.

New updated card below:

Glory 46 China
Middleweight Title Headline Bout: Simon Marcus vs. Alex Pereira
Featherweight Tournament Final Bout: Winner of Bout A vs. Winner of Bout B
Heavyweight Co-Headline Bout: Quanchao Luo vs. Junior Tafa
Featherweight Tournament Semifinal Bout B: Chenglong Zhang vs. Quade Taranaki
Featherweight Tournament Semifinal Bout A: Chenchen Li vs. Masaya Kubo

Glory 46 Super Fight Series
Heavyweight Headline Bout: Rico Verhoeven vs. Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva
Middleweight Bout: Wei Zhou vs. Andre Walker
Catchweight (75 kg) Co-Headline Bout: Shanghai Gao vs. Alan Scheinson
Professional Sanda (60 kg) Bout: Hongxing Kong vs. Yang Sun
Catchweight (53 kg) Bout: Jia Liu vs. Zaza Sor. Aree
Catchweight (68 kg) Bout: Lei Xie vs. Petchpanomrung Kiatmookao
Lightweight Bout: Qinghao Meng vs. Pascal Schroth

He looks in incredible shape in the Inside Glory 46 videos as does his opponent Alex Pereira. Unders are always tricky in kickboxing but besides Rico vs Bigfoot being a mismatch I actually like the under 4½ with the main event clash of styles with Marcus' hard kicks vs Pereira's crisp punching as five rounds is a lot of time for someone to get hurt.

Best value is the 1.5 under on Bigfoot/Rico. Bigfoot is a punching bag at this point in his career.

I'm 6 foot tall and 155-160 lean muscle. Marcus is just a little taller than me but at least 30 pounds heavier of muscle mass. My close friend who trained Simon early in his career said his swing kicks are blistering and powerful, you would feel the kicks in your forearm while holding pads for him.

In terms of the fight, I watched tape on Pereira, line is set right in favor of Marcus. More experience, better use of weapons, cleaner technique, just more skilled overall. In terms of 4.5 and over. I see Marcus using a lot of kicks to control distance and score points, when he gets in any trouble, he will look for a clinch and knee to get a reset which burns a lot of clock in 3 minute rounds. Pereira has a pretty decent chin on him too.

Stabbing a few dogs, let's go Bigfoot!

Glory 46 China
Risk $631.26

Simon Marcus/Alex Pereira Under 4½ (+110) $100.00 for $110.00

Quanchao Luo (+366) vs Junior Tafa ~$33.75 for ~$123.53

Quade Taranaki (+455) vs Chenglong Zhang ~$28.13 for ~$127.99

Antonio Silva (+3000) vs Rico Verhoeven $35.00 for $1,050.00
Antonio Silva/Rico Verhoeven Under 1½ (-175) $350.00 for $200.00

Shanghai Gao (+114) vs Alan Scheinson ~$56.25 for ~$64.13

Lei Xie (+565) vs Petchpanomrung Kiatmookao ~$28.13 for ~$158.93

I hope Rico decisions him out of mercy.

Back