Glory 41 robbery of the year? Petchpanomrung vs Robin Van Roosmalen

At least when there are terrible decisions in the UFC you have guys Rogan or Dana putting the judges on blast but when ever there is any fuckery in Glory they'll try and rationalise it. And it's clear they aren't making any attempt to improve their officiating. Why can't they make their judging and refereeing criterion more specific so there is more clarity?

Glory outsources their judging to ISKA right? I really doubt an old school karate-boxing club like them will change their ways for Glory.

I don't think this is a bigger robbery than the sittichai fight. In this fight rvr was visibly hurt, but he was able to throw and land combos and even control the ring at times. He was a glorified punching bag that barely threw let alone landed shit aginst sittichai.
I don't remember him landing any combos. I can probably count how many clean punches rvr landed the whole fight in one hand.

I don't remember him landing any combos. I can probably count how many clean punches rvr landed the whole fight in one hand.
I remember him landing just a couple of pitter patter combos. None of the shots even moved Pets head.

That's what I hate about these fight stats. They don't distinguish good shots from grazing ones or taps.

I still can't figure out what the fuck the scoring criteria is. Pet won the boxing,kicking and kneeing as well as did significantly more damange than rvr. Robin left eye was swollen almost shut and his whole left side was bruised while petpanrung did not have a mark on him

And once again for the recored glory might not pick the judges but they do CHOOSE to use the iska or any other sanctioning body so all these fucked up decisions still fall at their feet. this is not the ufc or boxing where they are forced to use the judges the athletic commissions chooses. Glory holds all the power to change the situation but does nothing about it because the guys they manage keep benefiting for these retorted judges

I still can't figure out what the fuck the scoring criteria is. Pet won the boxing,kicking and kneeing as well as did significantly more damange than rvr. Robin left eye was swollen almost shut and his whole left side was bruised while petpanrung did not have a mark on him

And once again for the recored glory might not pick the judges but they do CHOOSE to use the iska or any other sanctioning body so all these fucked up decisions still fall at their feet. this is not the ufc or boxing where they are forced to use the judges the athletic commissions chooses. Glory holds all the power to change the situation but does nothing about it because the guys they manage keep benefiting for these retorted judges
To try to make sense of it, it seems: arm kicks score zero or very low, teeps score zero or very low, knees score low, leg kicks score high, punches score high even if they are partially blocked. There also seems to be a certain machiso element to the scoring, where going forward being aggressive is rewarded.

Still more than he did aginst sittichai

Ring control and pressure plays a big part in a fight, you can't just win by throwing the same kick over and over again, it was close in my opinion
I don't think anyone on this forum is surprised that Robin got the decision despite being outclassed.

How'd you score the fight?

FYI these are glory scoring criteria
A. Number of knockdowns.

B. Damage inflicted on the opponent.

C. Number of clean strikes with spectacular techniques (flying and spinning techniques, etc.)

D. Number of clean strikes with normal techniques.

E. Degree of Aggressiveness or Ring Generalship (whichever has greater impact on the round)

i
I don't think anyone on this forum is surprised that Robin got the decision despite being outclassed.

A. Number of knockdowns.

C. Number of clean strikes with spectacular techniques (flying and spinning techniques, etc.)

E. Degree of Aggressiveness or Ring Generalship (whichever has greater impact on the round)

ing

A. Number of knockdowns.

Still more than he did aginst sittichai
RVR landed more against Pet than he did against sittichai in their first fight but Pet also landed more than sittichai and it was a much clearer win for Pet because of this. The sittichai fight was a clear win also but there was a lot of times where neither were really landing much.

Ring control and pressure plays a big part in a fight, you can't just win by throwing the same kick over and over again, it was close in my opinion

i

ing

Petpanomrung controlled the ring.

Petpanomrung did more than the same kick, but regardless, why can't you win by relying on one technique that is effective when the other guy is throwing the same air-connecting punches over and over? In the end, whose "over and over" method caused more damage?

Last edited:
Ring control and pressure plays a big part in a fight
One of the biggest mistakes casual fight fans make is confusing aggression with effective aggression. RVR showed aggression but it wasn't effective. He applied good pressure but Pet had better ring control and even had him on skates several times. Like that push kick that dropped him like a rag doll or the times he kicked his front leg off balance. Just because rvr was moving forward and Pet was moving backward doesn't mean rvr controlled the ring. This is a misconception that casuals constantly fall for.
you can't just win by throwing the same kick over and over again
If the shot is effective and you're causing damage then why not?

Last edited by a moderator:
"E.Degree of Aggressiveness or Ring Generalship (whichever has greater impact on the round"

Petchpanomrungs ring generalship had greater impact. RvRs aggressiveness didn't do shit

you can't just win by throwing the same kick over and over again, it was close in my opinion
That's a false representation of the fight as the stats even show Pet having more variety.

That's irrelevant tho, yes if you continually land the same strike over and over you SHOULD win the fight.

Would you say a fighter shouldn't win because all the did was land left hooks the whole fight?

Would you? o_O

Back