Glory 41 robbery of the year? Petchpanomrung vs Robin Van Roosmalen

I give an edge to Kaew in kickboxing rule. He fights in K-1 rule that doesn't even allow any clinching and he has far better boxing. I would also assume he has a size advantage.

I give an edge to Kaew in kickboxing rule. He fights in K-1 rule that doesn't even allow any clinching and he has far better boxing. I would also assume he has a size advantage.
And he won't just stand there getting left kick spammed like RVR.

I'd love to see RVR vs Yodsanklai at 155. I think Yod would finish him.

Pet vs Kaew would be like Superbon vs Sittichai 2. Styles make fights and Pet is used to Kaews style more than vice versa.

Kaew probably the most clever fighter in the game right now, aside from Petrosyan.

Definitely thought this was a robbery, and the point deduction was unnecessary.

Kaew hasn't fought a good kicker in a while plus he has been training to throw hard kicks with full commitment against opponents who can't deal with kicks nor kick back very well. Kaew doesn't have anything that Petpanomrung can't handle. Unless it's in K-1 then Pet would probably get deducted points for clinching.

Who knows with kickboxing scoring, if it was muay thai I can see it being a comfortable win for Pet. Very few fighters can stifle his kicking output. If kicks to the arm scored properly then I'd have pet winning in a kb setting too but you never know.

I don't think this is a bigger robbery than the sittichai fight. In this fight rvr was visibly hurt, but he was able to throw and land combos and even control the ring at times. He was a glorified punching bag that barely threw let alone landed shit aginst sittichai.

Glory are still getting roasted on their fb page for the decision <45>

There is a thread on r/mma about this decision and the Glory media guy basically said
"it is not our fault because we did not employ our own judges and referees"
So I don't think anything will get changed.

Back