Glory 41 robbery of the year? Petchpanomrung vs Robin Van Roosmalen

No. Deja vu, simply means that the results and arguments about how to score it all sound very familiar to what happened before with the first RvR vs Sittichai fight. Not at all surprising considering the similarities of RvR vs another Thai fighter. Just seems like the same controversy with a different opponent.
Yeah...me neither ;)

Honestly this may be a worse decision than the Sittichai one. Pet did way more damage than Sittichai.

that's exactly my opinion. Sittichai vs. RvR was much more uneventful and up in the air. van Roosmalen actually landed two big 1-2s that snapped Sittichai's head back. he did nothing last night and Petpanomrung kicked him much harder and landed much more clean strikes than Sittichai.

Can you make out what yodsanklai saying?
Yodsanklai Fairtex
Translated from Thai
Know that hit home. He needs a little more aggressive weapon we too heavy too lift back 1-2 we may have enough testing hit follow our lead, but round 3-4-5 weapons, he must have weakened, sometime we have to move. Punch kick Any trade moments carefully. Plus we get points. Kick him not collapse. Know It's bigger, but we should turn to much emphasis on punch combination to kick might have a chance to #win count too. Look at it, and we should win the future ahead of us. Need to practice more fist

wut? This doesn't even make any sense.

that was more speculation then anything. take it with a grain of salt.

At least he said what was on his mind and called out bad decisions. Joe does decent-ish commentary when it comes to technical level, but has no character at all when commentating.

Yea I mean he left for a better paying (assuming) full time job, once he was done with that Glory had their commentary positions filled with the current people. Sooo there's just about no link whatsoever. I do see the salt in this thread :)

I just watched it through again with the benefit of slow motion and I score it as a draw because of the point deduction in the third round. I think Petchpanomrung won the first 3 rounds and RVR took the last two, Petchpanomrung seemed to fade a little.

One thing that I find odd is that Valtellini constantly talks about damage as a major scoring criteria but look at the two guys after the bout, Petchpanomrung looked the same as when he walked to the ring whereas Robins right arm and torso were marked up, his right eye was swollen and during the fight his face was bloodied.
Adesanya clearly beat Wilnis IMO but it was given to Wilnis, according to Valetllini, because of damage. My problem with this is how do you quantify damage? If you cant see it, which was the case in the Wilnis/Adesanya fight then it is all down to perception and that is a pretty shitty way to judge a fight.

Can you make out what yodsanklai saying?
Yodsanklai Fairtex
Translated from Thai
Know that hit home. He needs a little more aggressive weapon we too heavy too lift back 1-2 we may have enough testing hit follow our lead, but round 3-4-5 weapons, he must have weakened, sometime we have to move. Punch kick Any trade moments carefully. Plus we get points. Kick him not collapse. Know It's bigger, but we should turn to much emphasis on punch combination to kick might have a chance to #win count too. Look at it, and we should win the future ahead of us. Need to practice more fist

I like how his about me points out "Single Dad !"

<36>

I really hate RvR's style, he know he is going to get clinched, he goes that close on purpose then bitches about being clinched. Man the left side of that guys body must be hurting, I knew he would get a decision if it went there before the fight even started.

no, he goes near because he is an inside fighter and he has short arms, watch his previous fights.
and he went that near because he was fearing knees too.

IMO RvR lost this match even if the point deduction was right, and a clean kick on the arm is not blocked to me.

Great decision. Petchpanomrung landed most of his kicks on the arms, so no real damage and he was walking backwards the whole fight.

i'd like to see you block one of those with your while petch goes backwards.
RvR was chasing him because he was in pain, he was desperate, after chasing he did little damage.
Petch was smart clinching tho, the referee did a good job with the point, but sometimes even RvR looked for clinch after those kicks.

One thing I did agree with Valtellini on was that Petchpanomrung could of varied his kicks a bit more. He punted RVRs lead leg out from under him a few times and it would of been nice to see a bit more of that. Also he might of benefitted hitting RVRs rear leg more to score some damage points. I think his boxing looked decent, he showed a pull counter a few times, shovel hooks to split RVRs guard, rhythm changes, he had a sharp counter left early in the fight, I would like to see a real jab though instead of just throwing his lead hand out to disrupt RVR. Overall I think Petchpanomrung showed far more craft and I look forward to seeing more of him.

i
Petch was smart clinching tho, the referee did a good job with the point, but sometimes even RvR looked for clinch after those kicks.

I liked his use of the clinch, it shut down a lot of RVRs output. He used it well to get his back off the ropes, tying RVR up and turning him. Also when he had established the Knee he would feint it and use it as a clinch entry when RVR was pretty far out, this enabled him to get close to the center of the ring when he had backed himself up. I thought Petchpanomrung did a really good job of fighting moving backwards and always creating space for himself to move into.

Last edited:
One thing I did agree with Valtellini on was that Petchpanomrung could of varied his kicks a bit more. He punted RVRs lead leg out from under him a few times and it would of been nice to see a bit more of that. Also he might of benefitted hitting RVRs rear leg more to score some damage points. I think his boxing looked decent, he showed a pull counter a few times, shovel hooks to split RVRs guard, rhythm changes, he had a sharp counter left early in the fight, I would like to see a real jab though instead of just throwing his lead hand out to disrupt RVR. Overall I think Petchpanomrung showed far more craft and I look forward to seeing more of him.

I liked his use of the clinch, it shut down a lot of RVRs output. He used it well to get his back off the ropes, tying RVR up and turning him. Also when he had established the Knee he would feint it and use it as a clinch entry when RVR was pretty far out, this enabled him to get close to the center of the ring when he had backed himself up. I thought Petchpanomrung did a really good job of fighting moving backwards and always creating space for himself to move into.

and petch wasn't escaping, he did damage every round, goin backwards to land bombs

to be considered blocked a defended kick should be at least considered when it is defended with the gloves,avoiding the real damage to the arm,like when someone defend a high kick with both gloves,it produces a little bit damage,but not near compared to a kick who catch any legal part of the opponent partially or full

if the second priority on their scoring is accumulated damage,they should review this fucking whole situation,because it is a big damage they are not contabilizing,it is clear

Great decision. Petchpanomrung landed most of his kicks on the arms, so no real damage and he was walking backwards the whole fight.

You should read the glory rules & scoring criteria

Or personally go get kicked in the arms more lol. "Blocking" or not, that shit hurts like a mofo and absolutely is effective.

I would have done less damage running him over with my car
I think glory is doing this as part of marketing to create a story,sympathy is a great tool...because who needs honest results when you have marketing!

2dvn3lx.png

"Do you see any spots? I dont, so I think i blocked them all" - Robin Van Roosmalen

The whole "blocking kicks with your forearms" thing is such bullshit, taking kicks on your arms IS damage. I've eaten kicks through thai pads where my forearms felt shattered just from the impact, no way damage isn't being done, even 2-3 kicks to the arm from someone like Petch and you will start feeling damage.

Back