Glory 41 robbery of the year? Petchpanomrung vs Robin Van Roosmalen

Kanka

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I don't think anyone on this forum is surprised that Robin got the decision despite being outclassed.

How'd you score the fight?

FYI these are glory scoring criteria
A. Number of knockdowns.

B. Damage inflicted on the opponent.

C. Number of clean strikes with spectacular techniques (flying and spinning techniques, etc.)

D. Number of clean strikes with normal techniques.

E. Degree of Aggressiveness or Ring Generalship (whichever has greater impact on the round)

Last edited:
Pet won or a draw if I am being generous to RvR.
10-9
10-9
9-9 (bullshit point deduction)
10-9/9-10
9-10 but keep in mind that Pet fought this way because he needed a knockdown

I think this is not nearly as bad as Sittichai vs RvR 1 but still really sad.

RvR 1, 4, 5. The real fight to make is RvR vs Yusef. King of kickboxing and king of muay thai.

I give RvR credit for a close round in the fourth, and winning the fifth outright. Before that he was missing everything and getting scorched (I thought he was hurt by a body kick early in the first and it stayed with him). I would have been ok with a draw given the terrible point deduction.

I already wrote my opinion. RvR won clearly the last 2 rounds, and all the first 3 were 50-50%. I think he probably won 1, 4 and 5 at least.

So there was no robbery like in the case of Sittichai (I) vs. RvR. The Dutchies robbed in the promotion, but not tonight.

I already wrote my opinion. RvR won clearly the last 2 rounds, and all the first 3 were 50-50%. I think he probably won 1, 4 and 5 at least.

So there was no robbery like in the case of Sittichai (I) vs. RvR. The Dutchies robbed in the promotion, but not tonight.
Robin didnt land much in round 5

Stopped by the forum after waking up to check the results, cant say I'm at all surprised at seeing this thread lol

I really hate RvR's style, he know he is going to get clinched, he goes that close on purpose then bitches about being clinched. Man the left side of that guys body must be hurting, I knew he would get a decision if it went there before the fight even started.

I'll wait till I've seen the fight before I make judgement but I do trust @Kanka way more than I trust @Broadcast
To be honest my stream was lagging so i missed parts of round 4 so Robin might very well have won that round. Apart from that Robin looked pretty lost in every round.

Decent odds you can make a more legit version of this thread but with Sitthichai and Yi Long in 6 months...

----

Anyway, thought it was reasonably close. No way Pet lost all the rounds and the point deduction was crap. 48-47 RvR or either way really, but whatever the case the judging was terrible.

Pet won or a draw if I am being generous to RvR.
10-9
10-9
9-9 (bullshit point deduction)
10-9/9-10
9-10 but keep in mind that Pet fought this way because he needed a knockdown

I think this is not nearly as bad as Sittichai vs RvR 1 but still really sad.

IMO it was much worse than the first Sittichai fight. that one was actually kinda hard to score due to it being more uneventful. Petpanomrung did more than Sittichai and RvR did less than himself in this one

Decent odds you can make a more legit version of this thread but with Sitthichai and Yi Long in 6 months...

----

Anyway, thought it was reasonably close. No way Pet lost all the rounds and the point deduction was crap. 48-47 RvR or either way really, but whatever the case the judging was terrible.
Yeah but i'm talking about serious prmotions. WLF or whatever promotions that Yi Long fights aren't serious

Sittichai was more in control of the fight in his first fight but he didn't inflict much damage. It looked like Pet did more damage than Sittichai ever did while looking totally unfazed himself

Last edited:
Great decision. Petchpanomrung landed most of his kicks on the arms, so no real damage and he was walking backwards the whole fight.

You should read the glory rules & scoring criteria
Great decision. Petchpanomrung landed most of his kicks on the arms, so no real damage and he was walking backwards the whole fight.

A decision with such inconsistent scoring from the judges can't be considered "great" even if the right guy won however

So?

I don't know how anyone could watch that fight and not see Petpanomrung as the matador who was piecing apart the bull.

When they met in the center before the fight you could see just how much bigger van Roosmalen was, but it didn't matter. Easy to know who was controlling the ring and the fight.

Back