GLORY 35: Nice

where can i watch the fights?
I think some of the first fights posted on Youtube were deleted. Kanka, why don"t you wait some more hours to download them from torrent?

just watched the two fights above. good fights.

I actually liked Petpanomrung's performance. kind of one dimensional but it's hard for a thai not to rely on those mid kicks agains westerners when they don't block the kicks with a proper muay thai shield. between you guys putting him down and pimping Baya, IMO their performances weren't that far off of each other.

not to say I didn't like Baya. very good fight on 1 week notice. I was just puzzled with the 30-27 score for him. he definitely lost the 3rd round.

Too bad Cristian Spetcu isn"t also getting a chance for Glory. There aren"t many good featherweights in the world.

Too bad Cristian Spetcu isn"t also getting a chance for Glory. There aren"t many good featherweights in the world.
i want to see this guy in glory also,he is deserves a better exposure

i want to see this guy in glory also,he is deserves a better exposure
I"m objective with Amansio Paraschiv, maybe he"s at least as talented as Spetcu is, but he"s a lightweight and we have many lightweights in the world and Glory. Better than him at the moment. Only if he improves. But regarding Cristian Spetcu, he"s surely not worse than Chikadze.

I"m objective with Amansio Paraschiv, maybe he"s at least as talented as Spetcu is, but he"s a lightweight and we have many lightweights in the world and Glory. Better than him at the moment. Only if he improves. But regarding Cristian Spetcu, he"s surely not worse than Chikadze.

there are guys over Paraschiv,but he could be a good addition in glory also,glory LW division is weak now compared to the past

I wonder what excuse jauncey will have this time

Petpanomrungsperformance was fine btw. Did ya'll expect him to go and exchange punches in his first kickboxing bout? lol

All Petch kicks on Renita's arms. Renita moving forward.

10-9 Renita under Glory scoring criteria.

Well, the other guy didn't land anything.

People really thought this fight was close or that it could have gone to Renita? Petpanomrung fought circles around him and it wasn't competitive for a second.

I bet this dude isn't taking mirror pics to show his body is clean.

Well, the other guy didn't land anything.

People really thought this fight was close or that it could have gone to Renita? Petpanomrung fought circles around him and it wasn't competitive for a second.

I bet this dude isn't taking mirror pics to show his body is clean.

I was being sarcastic. The commentary was effusively talking about how Petch was controlling the fight and damaging Renita with the middle kicks while comparing the ownage to RvR vs Sittichai. I thought it was amusing how quickly they changed the narrative about middle kicks to the arm not scoring.

I doubt anyone thought Renita was competitive in any way. Clear blow out for Petch.

If I remember correctly I gave the other guy round 2. Don't get me wrong, Pet is awesome, but I think I might have set my expectations too high for his debut.

If I remember correctly I gave the other guy round 2. Don't get me wrong, Pet is awesome, but I think I might have set my expectations too high for his debut.

You score van Roosmalen over Sitthichai in either fight, or Grigorian over Yodsanklai?

What, only spam combo is good?

What did you expect? He dominated this fight more than any fight he's had in Thailand over the last 5 years.

Last edited:
You score van Roosmalen over Sitthichai in either fight, or Grigorian over Yodsanklai?

What, only spam combo is good?

What did you expect? He dominated this fight over a duration more than any fight in Thailand over the last 5 years.
I had Sittichai for both but I think I gave RvR two rounds in the second fight while most gave him one. My vague memory of Grigorian v Yod was Yod winning decisively. I try to keep in mind the KB scoring and try to resist being influenced by my MT fandom.

Ya I think I got carried away and was expecting something similar to when Buakaw and Sittichai came onto the scene. I saw him hitting mitts and his hands looked awesome so I was hoping for more of that. I get it though, he's not going to become Yod overnight.

Petpanomrung dominated all rounds, other guy didn't land anything.

I had Sittichai for both but I think I gave RvR two rounds in the second fight while most gave him one. My vague memory of Grigorian v Yod was Yod winning decisively. I try to keep in mind the KB scoring and try to resist being influenced by my MT fandom.

Ya I think I got carried away and was expecting something similar to when Buakaw and Sittichai came onto the scene. I saw him hitting mitts and his hands looked awesome so I was hoping for more of that. I get it though, he's not going to become Yod overnight.

In his defense, Renita is pretty tough. He went the distance vs. Yamazaki and is a champion back in KOK. Seems to be the stereotypical Eastern European who's tough as nails but has no clue of what to do when the other guy doesn't stand if front of him and trade blows.

Petpanomurng looked great for his first KB match and he outclassed a good opponent who could of given many other fighters problems. A little cruising doesn't hurt when adjusting to the rule set but hopefully he gets more involved in the future and doesn't get bored.

Based off this fight I think Pet schools RVR if he uses the same strategy but if he wants to be more entertaining to the many casual fans that watch Glory then he may have to fight RVR at his own game which will be the harder option.

He already has good boxing but he could work a little on mixing his boxing with his kicks for kickboxing. Its a lot different than just working on your boxing.

Maybe they should cut Pets first name down to "Pet" for all the confusion and horrible pronunciations.

I thought Pet looked good, complete shut down only using muay thai. Maybe he had a point to prove to combo flow guys :D I've never seen discoloration that bad before. Maybe its because Renita is a pretty fair skinned guy but still.

What Petpanomrung did doesn't get enough credit. To throw a well balanced kick like that for 9-15 minutes straight with lovely repetition is a lot harder than it appears. I think the layman sees this as ordinary, which IMO is most fans of kickboxing or Muay Thai. The snappy 4-5 punch combo + leg kick looks sexy and seems more impressive to a typical spectator, but it's not. There's a reason why the rest of the world can't do what Petpanomrung did, but mimicking the Dutch style with success is seen everywhere.

Back