Glory 20 + SFS: DUBAI (Online Stream) 18:30 GST LIVE DISCUSSION

For me,ristie was doing the right thing on the first two rounds,he keep waiting and try rest for the final rounds,especially 4 and 5.

But he took hard shots and cant recover on these rounds,RVR land a atmomic right hook on the final of the third round,when he landed it,i saw Ristie hurted by it.

RVR just keep pressing him,and not allowing ristie control him and put him on the ropes,local when ristie can do his trap knees,hooks and uppercuts.

Genial performance by RVR

My opinion is close to yours.

Ristie wanted to avoid a repeat of the fight against Kiria. He landed a lot of strikes in the first 3 rounds, but most of them were not clear.

On the otherside, every punch of RvR was on target and caused damage to Ristie. If you watch again the first 2 rounds, you will see that Roosmalen was better because Ristie couldn't block any hook. The stats proved it. RvR had 64/119 and Ristie 56/170.

Ristie wasn't competitive. He just had high level of resistance and he was lucky because the two knockdowns were at the end of the 4th round, otherwise the KO was certain. His disappointing performance proved that he is an unpredictable but not reliable fighter. He is able to defeat Petrosyan and he is "able" to lose from Kido (exaggeration but you understand the meaning).

The unorthodox style of Ristie (No defence, weak strikes, guard changes) can give a special victory but can't save you for a long time. If you don't "study" your opponent, you can't win. Ristie wasn't prepared for this fight, even though we all know that Van Roosmalen can't change a lot of things in his fighting style. He is predictable.

Kiria was much better αgainst Van Roosmalen and he deserves better treatment, although we' seen this fight 3 times.

Now everybody is expecting RvR vs Petrosyan in a 5 round fight.

(Sorry if my english is not very good)

Ristie wanted to avoid a repeat of the fight against Kiria. He landed a lot of strikes in the first 3 rounds, but most of them were not clear.

On the otherside, every punch of RvR was on target and caused damage to Ristie. If you watch again the first 2 rounds, you will see that Roosmalen was better because Ristie couldn't block any hook. The stats proved it. RvR had 64/119 and Ristie 56/170.

Ristie wasn't competitive. He just had high level of resistance and he was lucky because the two knockdowns were at the end of the 4th round, otherwise the KO was certain. His disappointing performance proved that he is an unpredictable but not reliable fighter. He is able to defeat Petrosyan and he is "able" to lose from Kido (exaggeration but you understand the meaning).

The unorthodox style of Ristie (No defence, weak strikes, guard changes) can give a special victory but can't save you for a long time. If you don't "study" your opponent, you can't win. Ristie wasn't prepared for this fight, even though we all know that Van Roosmalen can't change a lot of things in his fighting style. He is predictable.

Kiria was much better αgainst Van Roosmalen and he deserves better treatment, although we' seen this fight 3 times.

Yeah,agree with you too

Risitie was so afraid with the possibility to repeat his performance on the last rounds against Kiria,it made him who too passive in the first rounds,rounds who he had to work hard,and he took unnecessary strikes from RVR.

RVR was genial,he is a bull,he never stop to rest,that is why Ristie have so many problems in this fight,he should dont allow a hard puncher like RVR landing that strikes,he is much more bigger,he should control him in the first rounds,and not allow him to won the first rounds and hurt his head.

Ristie is a guy who can defeat everyone,and can be defeated by anyone top level fighter,it is only about deal with his game,guys like Sittichai would smash him like he do with Murthel Groenhart

And dont worry about english,my english is bad too :D

Do they have a 3 second clinch rule or not? I always hear they do, but every time I see a fight the ref is breaking it almost instantly. Marcus worked that guy over for the 1 second he got each time. I lold at the stats at the end when it said he landed all of 1 knee. That was way off.

The following is taken from the their website:

Jesus christ I really hope Glory got a boatload of cash to run this show in a 90% empty arena in dubai. This might have been discussed in the other thread but Im watching SFS tomorrow on cbs sports net.

Im so confused as to why Spike is more concerned with having American fighters on these shows than they are with the types of crowds Glory has at their shows.

It might be worth the few extra dollars to run locations where there are hotter crowds. Maybe not huge crowds but certainly more vocal. Run in Europe, run in NY, LA, Chicago, Miami, Philly, run in Morrocco. Seriously a casual viewer flipping the channels might see a crowd going nuts and think wow this is something I might be interested in.

I love Glory and the in ring means more to me than crowds but this was like an empty arena show and it definitely took away from the overall appeal for me. Its bad enough Spike shortened the shit out of the show. Not 1 ring entrance, not 1 person spoke. How are we getting over the personalities of these fighters. It was really bad tonight and like I said I love this sport and this promotion. Casual fans had to be changing the channel.

Yeah RvR was much better then Ristie... Strong guard and ko power was too much for Ristie . But i dont agree that Ristie is not reliable fighter... I mean he lost some fights from top fighters like Kiria and Souwer but thats doesn't means he is bad or something... I thing he is not 100% commited to fighting and thats why we saw his bad performancie against RvR.
And about his style... I dont think you understand his style well. He is unortodox but not unpredictable. What I mean by this is that he is not wining the fights cuz opponets are supriesed.
He don't commit to kicks so he can punch from any angles. Weak kicks are used for that. Weak pucnhes as well, he waits for opponents to react and then to explode. Ristie has great balance, and his defence is OK. He moves out , ducking and weaving and while put his elbow horizontal in front of him to prevent uppercuts. Against Kiri he got tiered... First shot Kiria landed got him. And RvR simple was better fighter.
Sry for bad english :)

Liverkick ranking:
1 Robin van Roosmalen
2 Davit Kiria
3 Andy Ristie
4 Giorgio Petrosyan
5 Sitthichai

do you agree?

Liverkick ranking:
1 Robin van Roosmalen
2 Davit Kiria
3 Andy Ristie
4 Giorgio Petrosyan
5 Sitthichai

do you agree?

But sittichai hasnt even fought in Glory yet? Or is this just for Kickboxing rankings in general?

Yeah it's not a glory ranking, it says on the page " overing Kickboxing, from GLORY to K-1 and Muay Thai."

Liverkick ranking:
1 Robin van Roosmalen
2 Davit Kiria
3 Andy Ristie
4 Giorgio Petrosyan
5 Sitthichai

do you agree?

1-4 it's ok. But why Sittichai 5th? He defeated Groenhart and Souwer, that's all.

I'd prefer Enriko Kehl 5th.

It's hard to know where Petrosyan stands at this moment, but come on.. the guy lost 1 time and before that he ruled the division for 6 years.

I can see Petrosyan win from van Roosmalen and Kiria 8/10 times.

Petrosyan has basically had a year and a half off. Have fun ranking him super high while the competition has stayed active.

Last notable win he's had is from over 2 years ago. WTF kind of rankings would you have if that applied to everyone.

1-4 it's ok. But why Sittichai 5th? He defeated Groenhart and Souwer, that's all.

I'd prefer Enriko Kehl 5th.

groenheat and souwer are way better wins than a highly disputed decision against buakaw where he only won because buakaw left the area.

What ranked fighters has kehl beaten?

Petrosyan has basically had a year and a half off. Have fun ranking him super high while the competition has stayed active.

Last notable win he's had is from over 2 years ago. WTF kind of rankings would you have if that applied to everyone.

because you base it on skills not number of fights won in a certain period of time. Petrosyan had a fight a month back so he is active again.

IMO thats a fairly BS way of making a ranking. Best guys can stay inactive for years or fight bums and still be ranked #1 based on purely speculation.

There has to be some anchoring on reality, meaning actual results. The Varol match was barely warmup for someone like Petrosyan.

The fight with Enriko Kehl who is coming on april 11,will show how good Petrosyan recovre his last injury loss and his first defeat in kickboxing(first KO loss to).

His fight with Erkan he looked a strong dominance,and he is kicking more,i can see he developing more kicks in his combinations,because he already broke his hand for 5 or 6 times,if he break this hand again,is better retire...

Enriko Kehl is a tough guy and is a young man,would be a nice fight to Petro really comeback to active.

He should take glory fights after this fight,he need to keep this belt again and rematch with Ristie,he need it.

IMO thats a fairly BS way of making a ranking. Best guys can stay inactive for years or fight bums and still be ranked #1 based on purely speculation.

There has to be some anchoring on reality, meaning actual results. The Varol match was barely warmup for someone like Petrosyan.

rankings become pointless when less skilled fighters are ranked higher just because they fight more or a higher grade of consistent competition.

Jesus christ I really hope Glory got a boatload of cash to run this show in a 90% empty arena in dubai. This might have been discussed in the other thread but Im watching SFS tomorrow on cbs sports net.

Im so confused as to why Spike is more concerned with having American fighters on these shows than they are with the types of crowds Glory has at their shows.

It might be worth the few extra dollars to run locations where there are hotter crowds. Maybe not huge crowds but certainly more vocal. Run in Europe, run in NY, LA, Chicago, Miami, Philly, run in Morrocco. Seriously a casual viewer flipping the channels might see a crowd going nuts and think wow this is something I might be interested in.

I love Glory and the in ring means more to me than crowds but this was like an empty arena show and it definitely took away from the overall appeal for me. Its bad enough Spike shortened the shit out of the show. Not 1 ring entrance, not 1 person spoke. How are we getting over the personalities of these fighters. It was really bad tonight and like I said I love this sport and this promotion. Casual fans had to be changing the channel.
I agree 100%. That lack of crowd was embarrassing. If I'm flipping through the channels and see that I'm thinking why shouldnI care when nobody even cares to show up live? The fighters delivered at least.

I agree with this. Would Petro still be ranked in the top 5 if he only fought bums for the next 5 years? We have to draw the line somewhere.

rankings become pointless when less skilled fighters are ranked higher just because they fight more or a higher grade of consistent competition.

Ranking become pointless when high ranked fighters can keep their ranking by fighting bums instead of fighting other high ranked fighters or just not fighting at all.

Back