Glory 19 + SFS: Virginia (Online+SPIKE TV) 18:30 EST LIVE DISCUSSION

No chance. I watched this with a casual fan and he couldn't wait till that was over. He's also former military. That shouldn't have made the main card and you know it.

I do not want to even go off on a huge essay about this but it Was not a good look for the military as well as glory. The army has golden glove boxers and tkd champs they should have used if they were serious about putting this bout on tv.

Also why did they finally choose to show entrances when it was the shortest shittyiest walk thru I have seen on a decent show in ages

No chance. I watched this with a casual fan and he couldn't wait till that was over. He's also former military. That shouldn't have made the main card and you know it.

certainly if it was up to me it wouldnt have been on the main card; i was merely surmising that the casual fan, who often has a very different outlook to hardcores like us, might have enjoyed the bar-brawl nature of it. I could be completely wrong; its certainly not something i would like or advise Glory to do on the regular

I do not want to even go off on a huge essay about this but it Was not a good look for the military as well as glory. The army has golden glove boxers and tkd champs they should have used if they were serious about putting this bout on tv.

Also why did they finally choose to show entrances when it was the shortest shittyiest walk thru I have seen on a decent show in ages

i think they were drawn from the local bases rather than nationwide, i dont think they were supposed to be like the top two fighters in the air force or whatever.

youre right about the walk-in, odd, i wonder if it was due to the live tv schedule and the fact that one of the tournament bouts ended early? Each fight has a set time to start on air so if one finishes early it leaves space to fill.

In boxing, UFC they often use what is called a "swing bout". No idea why its called that; its an early undercard fight which would be quite a good level of competitor, recorded specifically in case they had to fill space on the live broadcast later on.

I just watched Glory 19 last night, I missed it on tv. Holy shit what a night of fights. What was there one fight that went the distance? Can't for the Dubai card.

I just watched Glory 19 last night, I missed it on tv. Holy shit what a night of fights. What was there one fight that went the distance? Can't for the Dubai card.

Schilling vs Thomas went the distance due to Thomas being ridiculously durable; i was amazed he survived that third-round knockdown, his head got snapped back so hard.

Holzken vs Stetcurenko went the distance also, Holzken was rather inactive for much of it as he tried to save energy

Thomas could take a hard shot and keep going. Credit to that dude.

i think they were drawn from the local bases rather than nationwide, i dont think they were supposed to be like the top two fighters in the air force or whatever.

Yes and no.

The original idea was to have the title holders (from the ammy side) fight in a catch weight bout. One of them was pulled and a last minute replacement was thrown in.

Im not saying that the fight would have been 'everything you expected and more' if it had gone down as initially slated, but it damn sure would have been a more exciting bout.

Thomas could take a hard shot and keep going. Credit to that dude.

Yea i was quite impressed i just wish his corner would have thrown the towel after that last knockdown. I don't understand when the fight is out of hand at that point why you would let your fighter risk taking more damage and a devastating ko that could seriously affect his career just to look tough. I think thomas has a bright future but a couple more fights like this one and he will not be lasting until the bell anymore he will be waking up looking at the lights on his back instead

Zimmerman looked physically way out of shape. Never seen him with such a big belly.

Zimmerman looked physically way out of shape. Never seen him with such a big belly.

Seriously? He looked in considerably better shape than in previous, i don't know, surely many fights. When he fought in the tournament he was literally a pig!

Ya I've seen him in much worse shape. I'm sure he took this fight seriously, it was for the title. He's never going to look ripped.

Yea i was quite impressed i just wish his corner would have thrown the towel after that last knockdown. I don't understand when the fight is out of hand at that point why you would let your fighter risk taking more damage and a devastating ko that could seriously affect his career just to look tough. I think thomas has a bright future but a couple more fights like this one and he will not be lasting until the bell anymore he will be waking up looking at the lights on his back instead

same;

his coach/lead cornerman is an old thai fighter and has a very old thai fighter mentality in that regard

Thomas is a young lad and so can absorb tons of damage but i dont want to see him do that because he has got nothing to prove and he's got a life ahead of him; after that third round snap-back of a right hand, the corner should have thrown in the towel.

Back