Glory 17: Los Angeles (SPIKE TV) 8pm ET/5pm PT/1am UK (PBP) DISCUSSION

I wasn't hoping Cro Cop would loose just so he would finally retire and we wouldn't have to hear about him anymore in the kickboxing section...But it sucks that Miller was so mediocre....

I'm a Cop fan, and what bums me out the most is not his losses, but his shape and lack of speed compared to his vintage K-1 days agaisnt Le Banner, Bernardo, Hug and Hoost...

I'll rather see a fast 94-98 kg Cop blasted by Saki than a thicker-than-ever Cop outslug and outclinch Miller and Randy Blake.

"Cro cop isn't as good as he was 10-15 years ago..."

NO SHIT!

The dude is pushing 40 with almost 20 years as a pro. And he's still doing good. Still beating dudes who are supposed to level him in less than a round....
Maybe you haterz (yeah i just typed that) need to show a little bit of respect. Maybe he's better than you give him credit for

I'm a Cop fan, and what bums me out the most is not his losses, but his shape and lack of speed compared to his vintage K-1 days agaisnt Le Banner, Bernardo, Hug and Hoost...

I'll rather see a fast 94-98 kg Cop blasted by Saki than a thicker-than-ever Cop outslug and outclinch Miller and Randy Blake.

3 out of. 4 times it was Miller doing the clinching. And cro cop out boxed the undefeated pro boxer. Who also out weighed him by 40 lbs

Respect.

Crocop was always somewhat over-rated.. Cop and nog were exposed when coming to the UFC..

I feel like Yodkhunpon already has the skillset to dominate, but hasn't put it all together yet. With the way he fought, I assumed the full thai clinch wasn't allowed and only one knee strike allowed. However the final featherwight fight showed otherwise. Although he likes to punch, his clinch game is way better than these kickboxers, he could have done a better job smothering Vargas' punches.

His ability to chop legs is better than even Buakaw's in his prime imo. Getting busier with the kicks would go a long way for Muu. It didnt look like Varga checked a single kick. Following Buakaws original blueprint to beating kickboxers would be a great reference for him.

Last edited:
Yodkhunpon isn't anything special. If he's struggling with these guys, he's gonna get finished by the better guys in that division. Time to find another great Thai hope.

Crocop was always somewhat over-rated.. Cop and nog were exposed when coming to the UFC..

they were shadows of their former selves when they finally landed in the ufc. Crocop's knees were so messed up he could not even really kick

after rewatching i think yodkhunpon got his nose broken in the first round and could not breathe. He did not look good and would wing a couple of punches with a low kick here and there and then have to rest for 30 seconds. Even then he is really going to have to concentrate on combos more if he is going to continue kickboxing

Is there an highlights vid of the entire event (CroCop and FW event + LMS + HW event) with all KOs?

after rewatching i think yodkhunpon got his nose broken in the first round and could not breathe. He did not look good and would wing a couple of punches with a low kick here and there and then have to rest for 30 seconds. Even then he is really going to have to concentrate on combos more if he is going to continue kickboxing
He had like 2 punch counters that kept failing but he kept going to them regardless. Right uppercut and left hook. I've seen guys with broken noses put on stellar performances. He's just not that good IMO.

Glory should be focusing on getting Buakaw.

He had like 2 punch counters that kept failing but he kept going to them regardless. Right uppercut and left hook. I've seen guys with broken noses put on stellar performances. He's just not that good IMO.

yea buakaw or if they are smart get sittichai before he blows up

Mirko Cro Cop (232.6)

That is on his low end compared to most of his MMA career. It's not his trim 217, but still, if he looked thicker than ever, then it doesn't make much sense.

They already tried and failed. Good chance the oppurtunity won't present itself again for a while, at least not while K-1 is still alive and putting on half decent shows.

Back