Glory 17 Los Angeles: 8-men Middle Weight Tournament with MELVIN MANHOEF!

Ghiță is in the killer mode! :)) This is gonna be an epic event, I hope!

[YT]G_nJX6bGwQE[/YT]

ghita sounds rustled, insulting Rico all the time.

ghita sounds rustled, insulting Rico all the time.

Really? Rico started this with the Prince of Kickboxing on Twitter. He was very arrogant at the press conference saying that he standed like a champion after 3 rounds in that fight and Ghiță was down. I think Verhoeven is way too cocky now and optimistic!

If you remember Ghiță previously, he was always humble. Though I understand the Dutchman, he"s young. But Aerts, Le Banner, Schilt, Ghiță now, simply didn"t act like this.

I'm looking forward to this.

I hope vintage Melvin shows up.

Weigh ins are up. Can't post from my phone. Just wanna say i hope Miller loses. Not cro cops fault Miller lost. And i think the Remy decision shows cro cop doesn't have the judges on his pay roll.

Just to address Coca. Yes, its not like this event is card of the year or anything, it is however more stacked than anything the UFC has lined up for the next little while. Alot of the buzz comes from the fact that its going to be the first PPV, not to mention theyve managed to bring in Manhoef and finally managed to sign Simon Marcus. This is also the first 8 man tournament theyve had since Glory 9. With this event we have hope that bigger and better things will grow from it. Ill admit, the more I looked at this event the more I realized that its not as amazing as I first thought, but is it crap? NO.

If you want to talk about how much deeper the talent pool in Boxing and MT is, i wont deny that, but it doesnt mean the whole event is garbage either.

Youre really quite jealous though, that much is clear. MT will never be able to do what Glory is doing and you know that. Its a bitter pill to swallow obviously, otherwise you wouldnt bitch so much. MT might have a higher talent pool, but its mediocre in its own ways aswell.

What better fighters in that weight class are missing?

It will be exciting and feature the best fighters of the weight class. What more do you need?

Whether you think the fighters at that weight stack up p4p skill wise with 130lb Thai's is irrelevant. I also find it funny how you cite losses as means to discredit the fighters, as if all the top stadium guys are undefeated.

You're acting like Brocktirement in reverse. Get it together.

well there is a difference between fighting the best in thailand and guys like stoica facing guys not even in the top 20 and losing. Losing to the very best is no big deal in combat sports but you start losing against nobodies it does bring about the question

i am in need for some European timetables, prelims and main card?

i am in need for some European timetables, prelims and main card?

You can look everything up on the glory website. Just go to the event and there is a "convert to your timezone" button.

Timetable is not european friendly. 2 am for Glory 17 and 4 am for Last Man Standing. Bah

Timetable is not european friendly. 2 am for Glory 17 and 4 am for Last Man Standing. Bah

Haha yeah, gonna be a long night. Hopefully I can convince some friends to stay atleast for Glory 17. LMS probably will go till 7am.

I'm thinking about skipping spike card and waking up at 4 for LMS. On the other hand it would feel weird opening beer after waking up.

This event is hella late, but fuck it, I'm not going to miss this because of some timezone difference.

And by some timezone difference i mean 9 hours.

This event is hella late, but fuck it, I'm not going to miss this because of some timezone difference.
I don't think I'm sleeping this Friday; staying up until 2:30am to watch the New Zealand card and then there's another card that day :x

Also would do the same for this event if I had to though. Can't believe I finally get to see an 8-man tourney unfold in one night oooo yiss

yodsanklai said:
On the other hand it would feel weird opening beer after waking up.
Just crush beer after beer and have a drunk day :D

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no bundle (I)PPV for both events for us in Europe..? Cant find any..

There is no bundle (I)PPV for both events for us in Europe..? Cant find any..

It's cheap as fuck compared to the other events. And even more so if you compare it to the US price. Glory only did the bundle thing once or twice.

It's cheap as fuck compared to the other events. And even more so if you compare it to the US price. Glory only did the bundle thing once or twice.

Ok, was just wondering.. so that I didnt miss anything. :wink:

Are there no fights before the Spike broadcast starts at 8pm eastern US time that you get on IPPV..? rather short event..

Last edited:
Back