Glory 17 Los Angeles: 8-men Middle Weight Tournament with MELVIN MANHOEF!

Rollermanskunk

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
thumb_14819_ad_event_banner_default.jpeg

- venue: The Forum
- date: June 21

Glory 17 Los Angeles Live On SpikeTV

thumb_14500_event_main_promo.jpeg

Main event:
- Mirko "Crocop" Filipovic (Croatia) vs Jarrel Miller (USA)
Co main event:
- Andy Ristie (Surinam) vs Ky Hollenbeck (USA)

Featherweight Contender Tournament:
- Yodkhunpon Sitmonchai (Thailand) vs Gabriel Varga (Canada)
- Marcus Vinicius (Bra) vs Shane Oblonski (USA)

Last Man Standing Live on PPV

1613894_853617144654409_4042234800434731238_n.jpg

10356720_638780562869981_2764859035401018323_n.jpg

Main event:
Heavyweight World Title Fight:
- Daniel Ghita (Rumania) vs Rico Verhoeven (Netherlands)

Co main event:
Welterweight World Title Fight:
- Marc De Bonte (Belgium) vs Joseph Valtellini (Canada)

8-man Middleweight World Championship Tournament
:
- Wayne Barrett (USA)
- Alex Perreira (Brasil)
- Joe Schilling (USA)*
- Melvin Manhoef (Netherlands) *
- Simon Marcus (Canada)*
- Bogdan Stoica (Rumania)
- Artem Levin (Russia)
- Filip Verlinden (Belgium) *

quarterfinals:
- Manhoef vs Verlinden
- Schilling vs Marcus
- Stoica vs Barrett
- Levin vs Pereira

c9e800a466ace0c5eab4d0bc74cf5575.jpg

Tickets on sale April 16
Link here: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09004C8AF484EFDF?page=tmus&tmid=09004C8AF484EFDF

Last edited:
Last night they announced that 6 of the 8 fighters in the tournament are Wayne Barrett, Joe Schilling, Simon Marcus, Melvin Manhoef, Brogda Stoica and Alex Pereira. Not sure who the other two fighters will be, but i am geeking out already.

Sounds good to me. Is this Manhoefs first fight for Glory?

Last night they announced that 6 of the 8 fighters in the tournament are Wayne Barrett, Joe Schilling, Simon Marcus, Melvin Manhoef, Brogda Stoica and Alex Pereira. Not sure who the other two fighters will be, but i am geeking out already.
I imagine Levin will be one of the two. No idea who the last one will be.

That"s exactly what I"ve said. Glory wanted Bogdan Stoica in the 85 kilograms, there is an interview from February. He must cut weight, 6 kilograms.

Does glory goes back to the 8 man tournaments again? NICE, that's mean a HW tournament with Ghita Daniel, Benny, Rico, Badr hari, Spong, Saki, Zimmerman and Gerges. It will be awesome !

nope.

Saki and Spong will probably rematch. If we"ll have doping controls, I have nothing against Badr Hari. He"s great for the market!

Oof, sounds nice. I do hope Levin is choice for one of those two fighters.

I'm stoked for this event, even If it is PPV. This'll be the first 8 man since what? Glory 9? 8 mans are so much better. It feels like a real event, the kind of product Glory should be producing.

Bogdan Stoica? He is doing absolutely terrible since his motorcycle accident, what is he even doing in there? He should take it slow for the next couple of years, he is still very young.

I think levin is fighting in Monte Carlo in June on big mt card for WBC belt so I doubt he is in. Glad to see the 8 man held up after Pierre said that was the plan after Glory 13

Last edited:
I think levin is fighting in Monte Carlo in June against Simon Marcus so I doubt he is in. Great that the plan for the 8 man held up after Pierre said that was the plan after Glory 13
Simon Marcus is one of the listed fighters

I think levin is fighting in Monte Carlo in June on big mt card for WBC belt so I doubt he is in. Glad to see the 8 man held up after Pierre said that was the plan after Glory 13

On Wikipedia it says both Simon Marcus and Artem Levin are fighting then and then Simon is listed as fighting at Glory 17 right after that, so I wouldn't be surprised if Levin also fought for Glory. Although, it would be weird having both the winner and loser fighting in the same 8 man, what if they both make it to the final?

Last edited:
Think Simon dropped out of the card in Monte Carlo now that is why he is fighting for glory

I'm fairly certain that it's on June 21st, not the 20th. They had the date on the graphic from last night's event.

Fuck yes at the Forum!!!! I will be going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back