GLORY 15 Istanbul LHW-Tournament, April 12

Oh no, that sucks! :icon_conf

But if you look at the gif, you will see the same thing that caused Silva to break his leg - it was a low-kick with an upward movement into the block/knee. If LK is executed in a downward movement, there is less resistance in the block and consequently a smaller chance of getting broken (although it can break too, I've seen some on YT).

Guys if want to watch the show in good quality, the turkish tv showing the whole event now!!!
http://www.tv8.com.tr/iyitelevizyon-webtv

This shows the fucking stupidity of companies in the internet age. I wanted to PAY Glory MONEY for the superfight series, but for a 2nd event in a row they won't let me. Instead now I can watch it free np.

Glory: look up netflix and HBO Go and read up on them please. Give customers access to content they want, no point hiding it away.

What a horrible year for Spong.
Losing 2 close people. And breaking your leg in a fight that might cause him to never be the same.

Just left the event and I am very sad what happened to Spong.
I wanted Saki to win this but this was not what I was waiting for.
Wish that Spong recovers from this very fast

so anticlimatic. surprisingly one of the worst glory events.

I don't guess we will be seeing the super Kombat co*k suckers around after their hero stoica got his lights turned off in the 1st round. War Lungu or Die super kombat

Corbett once again can not slip or block the left hook. What did he do for the last couple of months? If I was him all i would have spent all my time on was left hook defense after spong smoked him with it 6 months ago

I don't guess we will be seeing the super Kombat co*k suckers around after their hero stoica got his lights turned off in the 1st round. War Lungu or Die super kombat

Agreed. Couldn't stand superkombat home judging

what doesn't kill you make you stronger, I expect a big come back from Spong in about 6-12 months.
all my best wishes to him and his family for the recovery from that injury and those tragic life losses.

When Stoica lost, his corner just let him bleed there. And then one of the Ilunga's guys jumped in to stop his nose from bleeding. Seriously?! :icon_lol:

I hope Saki gives Spong a rematch when Spong is recovered. I think we all saw that Saki wasn't happy with an ending like this.

Well, hopefully fighters will finally set up their leg kicks not just
spamming them in the future. That was nasty.

I didn't feel like spong won that; spong landed the harder strikes, but the other guy landed a lot more.

that low kick was a mistake, it seems like he just let the leg go without using his body and hips, i don't know if i can explain it clearly but if i try to low kick an heavy bag without following the hit with my body i feel pain on shin and ankle, plus it was too much vertical.
i'm so sorry for him, he was in great shape and it was the moment of his life, i hope he will recover 100%.

Well, hopefully fighters will finally set up their leg kicks not just
spamming them in the future. That was nasty.
In all fairness, I think he was hoping to kick the side of Saki's calf as it was in mid-air, but Saki managed to retract it into stance faster than Spong thought he would.

But yeah, it is kinda strange to see people not really setting up low kicks even in the highest levels of Glory.

Damn congrats Saki, but damn hope Spong recovers.

In all fairness, I think he was hoping to kick the side of Saki's calf as it was in mid-air, but Saki managed to retract it into stance faster than Spong thought he would.

But yeah, it is kinda strange to see people not really setting up low kicks even in the highest levels of Glory.

Heat of the moment i'd say, also the chance of your shin breaking in half being pretty low.

Heat of the moment i'd say, also the chance of your shin breaking in half being pretty low.
Normally, yeah. Saki knee spiked him though >.<

for reference, the knee spike is basically a very short knee strike thrown into a low kick which I believe comes from traditional Muay Thai, and was used by Mr. Perfect to stop Ray Sefo and advance to the finals of the 2002 K-1 Grand Prix. vicious

Back