Glory 13 Tokyo - Full Card (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Saki "destroyed" him after he injured Daniel with an illegal kick. Even Glory said that it was illegal.

LOL, you still going on about that? Let it go, man.

The welterweight tournament is exactly why counter-fighters will ALWAYS dominate the striking arts. Aggressive, forward-moving volume strikers can do well, but in boxing, Muay Thai, and kickboxing at their peak level, it's always the guy that counters his way to victory. There are always shockers and surprises - it's the nature of combat sports - but the general trend has always been and will always be in favour of the slick and the savvy. CONGRATS TO HOLZKEN!!!!

Still gotta respect the heart from anyone that goes Super Saiyan in the last few seconds.

Also quite impressed with Aert's performance. Makes me think of Mark Hunt pushing his hardest at 39. K-1 champs (minus Overeem) are the heroes and legends of combat sports.

Ghita, I apologize for underestimating you. You still kick ass, even with that beer gut and moobs.

couldn't have said it better

Mayweather in boxing, Aldo/GSP in MMA, Petro in kickboxing.

Shit, looks like fat Sergei destroyed oldass Le Banner. That's another workhorse that should be put out to pasture posthaste. His nose will always be a source of inspiration for the youth.

He was so incredibly wrong in that fight it was insane. Easily the most biased commentary I've heard in a long time, even worse than Rogan. Duke even read the stats after the fight and still stuck with his incorrect, shitty opinion.

actually it was funny when he was talking and the metrics came up. there was a little pause because the numbers didn't at all match what he was saying. then he just started talking again

Just found out that Kyshenko's opponent is the same dude that appears in this VICE documentary about Japanese 'underground' fighting.

[YT]watch?v=UIebVLYb184[/YT]

Saki "destroyed" him after he injured Daniel with an illegal kick. Even Glory said that it was illegal.
Seriously how much longer will you continue to spread this BS. What Illegal Kick!?

Don't expect the Spike ratings to be better than previous events, it was tape delayed after all. Still curious to see how it did though.

Seriously how much longer will you continue to spread this BS. What Illegal Kick!?

Saki injured Ghita using an illegal throw and, instead of being disqualified, the referee counted Ghita, forcing him to loose by TKO or to continue fighting injured. Ghita haters always use this farce to discredit him, so it is normal that people reply against this injustice

Saki injured Ghita using an illegal throw and, instead of being disqualified, the referee counted Ghita, forcing him to loose by TKO or to continue fighting injured. Ghita haters always use this farce to discredit him, so it is normal that people reply against this injustice
Ya, illegal throw not kick. It shouldn't have been ruled a down but Ghita did come back and controlled the fight until Saki started landing clean hooks an the wheels came off. I'm sure the injury had some kind of effect but it didn't determine the fight as drastically as some would make it out to be.

BTW I'm not a Ghita hater and my post record shows that. Awesome KO this weekend!

Don't expect the Spike ratings to be better than previous events, it was tape delayed after all. Still curious to see how it did though.

I missed the event live but did it air on Spike at 9PM on Saturday like it always has???

Last edited:
I also agree that Dustin Jacoby maybe should have won but, it wasn't an outrageous robbery like some clueless idiots on facebook think it was....It could have gone either way imo and it was a debate-able call for each fighter to win it.

And yes Duke was weird with his commentary on that fight....Way to biased for Jacoby.

And Holzken looked amazing in both fights. Valtellini is a damn good fighter aswell.

I also agree that Dustin Jacoby maybe should have won but, it wasn't an outrageous robbery like some clueless idiots on facebook think it was....It could have gone either way imo and it was a debate-able call for each fighter to win it.

And yes Duke was weird with his commentary on that fight....Way to biased for Jacoby.
True, and you know what they say: "don't leave it in the hands of the judges." Jacoby just wasn't active enough.

I missed the event live but did it air on Spike at 9PM on Saturday like it always has???
Same time. Don't think anyone but hardcore fans that watch regardless would even know it was tape delayed...

True, and you know what they say: "don't leave it in the hands of the judges." Jacoby just wasn't active enough.

except that, judges are an integral part of fightsports and 'not leaving it up to them' is an absurd notion that was preached by dana white relentlessly and I'm sure still is.

kickboxing at least has 10-8s with knockdowns, but judges should be reliable.

regardless, I was confused by roufus in that fight too, I thought it was pretty even.

*edit* also, did anyone actually see the kubo-amrani fight? I'm pretty surprised kubo lost and am curious.

Last edited:
So stocked that this event got such good TV ratings!!! Kickboxing isn't going anywhere!!

Back