GLORY 11: Chicago DISCUSSION (Prelim Spoilers)

As i said from the weigh ins, Ghita is a 'bit' out of shape. He had about 5kg extras compared to his last 7-8 fights. If he would've trained more seriously, he could have maintained the tempo from the first round and easily win this. Also, bad choice to throw so much, he usually throws smartly and powerfully. Bummed to see him lose another tourney but it is what it is, it seems he just doesn't have what it takes to be the best.

I hope the stream keeps going. This movie is awesome.

Other than the high pitched hum during the Zimmerman fight, I dont think there could have been a more perfect debut of Glory on Spike.

I didn't realize that noise was coming from technical difficulties, I thought it was something in the house

Ricco could be the future at heavy weight, and as I've been saying, I think Saki will drop in weight if he looses due to size again

Yea, wtf was that?

I don't think it was a perfect debut tho. A little too many commercials. But total lack of showing pre-fight VTRs and fighter ring-entrances. VTR's would have helped a lot getting the audience acquainated with the fighters.

Necessary evil, gotta pay those bills. Once there's a bigger fan base, they can charge more for adds and scale back the number of them a little.

THIS EVENT WAS SICK!!!!!

Saki was a bit up and down with his moods, but everything else was a win for me.

Spong controlled the fight with ferocity. Corbett looked somewhat nervous. He remained dangerous and capable throughout the whole match, but never did turn the tide for even a moment. You could see anxiety in Corbett after the first knockdown.
Spong's boxing sure has improved dramatically. Not sure it would hold up in pro-boxing, though.

Valtellini vs Ghajji was really tense. Both guys were exchanging fists and brain damage, but Karim seemed to look a little less worried. That spinning backfist was brilliant, though. Valtellini had a fast eye in seeing the opening for that one.

Nice hit, Ghita.

Best Glory show ever. Man this was a kickboxing rollercoaster hitting Chicago

Great job Verhoeven, Spong, Valtellini and Zimmerman

Glory 4 is still my fave. Its hard to say what i really think of this one, given that I haven't seen the undercard.

As i said from the weigh ins, Ghita is a 'bit' out of shape. He had about 5kg extras compared to his last 7-8 fights. If he would've trained more seriously, he could have maintained the tempo from the first round and easily win this. Also, bad choice to throw so much, he usually throws smartly and powerfully. Bummed to see him lose another tourney but it is what it is, it seems he just doesn't have what it takes to be the best.
Yes, his cardio looked bad.

Are you kidding ?

This Glory event was good to for the US market. Overall Glory had better event productions in the past. Spong vs Corbett II happening was the only real big thing.

I wonder who Carnage will fight against in his second(/last) fight in Glory. A rematch against Spong ? Saki ?

Ghita was already tired at half the 2nd round, WTF ? After 1 round in fight 1 compared to 3 rounds. Maybe he should go back to his former trainer/Anil Dubar ? I'm glad Saki didn't win this mini-tournament.

Glory should remove the 2KD tournament-rule, especially since they don't have the normal slam tournaments anymore. And that first referee sucks, another mufadel/poopeda. this ain't his first mistake.

Because of the spike-deal, no (slam) tournaments, no/less entrances, less replays, way too much commercials at critical times, I ain't happy about that.

Are you kidding ?

This Glory event was good to for the US market. Overall Glory had better event productions in the past. Spong vs Corbett II happening was the only real big thing.

I wonder who Carnage will fight against in his second(/last) fight in Glory. A rematch against Spong ? Saki ?

Ghita was already tired at half the 2nd round, WTF ? After 1 round in fight 1 compared to 3 rounds. Maybe he should go back to his former trainer/Anil Dubar ? I'm glad Saki didn't win this mini-tournament.

Glory should remove the 2KD tournament-rule, especially since they don't have the normal slam tournaments anymore. And that first referee sucks, another mufadel/poopeda. this ain't his first mistake.

Because of the spike-deal, no (slam) tournaments, no/less entrances, less replays, way too much commercials at critical times, I ain't happy about that.

Name a more entertaining event. Especially for the first time fan.

I like the old tournament format much more. K-1 in their golden years had plenty of better events.

Carnage vs Spong II was really high on my list. Glory made this fight possible and I 'm thankfull for giving us that.

Glory 3, 8, 4 were more entertaining to me.

Spike/ Glory didn't even have time to show us the crowning of their new HW champion. Hopefully Glory 12 will be better than this one.

Verhoeven has come a long way from this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdDQcMPxKTw

Zimmerman however, doesn't seem to have evolved much, if at all. He's got tremendous power, and explosiveness for as long as he doesn't gas, but he uses the same combination over and over. Left uppercut (diagonally) -> right hook/cross. It's a very effective combination but he has to be more versatile.

On a side note, I remember, after his first fight with Verhoeven, he had a short interview with Fred Royers. He complimented him with his KO and how he had so effectively incorperated that combination he had been throwing on the pads just moments before the fight. Zimmerman however told him off saying he's always speaking negatively about him when commmentating. :icon_lol:

Man im so happy for Rico. Yesterday i have sent him msg and said he is going to have fights, not only one and cant wait to see him with belt as champion... Guess what, this happend for real . I believe in him, hard work > talent

That Saki vs Ricco fight shady as fuck. How you going to called a knockdown when its a slip? I want a rematch

Are you kidding ?

Well I watched a different stream then (had 2 streams open I watched the international one) I expected the official Spike stream to be a bit cut in pieces with all the commercials galore so I watched a different one which had the entrances, all the replays plus Verhoeven's winning ceremony and post-fight interview (which was more like an adrenaline shot interview really hilarious)

Considering it to be only a 2 hours show I knew what to expect (watch those Bellator-shows on Spike and you know what to expect) this was a great debut for Glory on US Global tv network.

I really liked this show as well. The only thing I didnt love was how it felt a bit rushed. 2 1/2 hours would have been ideal but I dont see that happening any time soon. My only other gripe was no mention of future shows. They didnt promote the November show which i found really odd. Would have been good for ticket sales and just to give the casual viewer an idea of when they can see it again!

I really liked this show as well. The only thing I didnt love was how it felt a bit rushed. 2 1/2 hours would have been ideal but I dont see that happening any time soon. My only other gripe was no mention of future shows. They didnt promote the November show which i found really odd. Would have been good for ticket sales and just to give the casual viewer an idea of when they can see it again!

I was watching a Brazilian stream and i saw them promoting the november show.

Back