Gleasons Boxing Gym ( And other training in New York)

Dougall

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Anybody every done any training out of Gleasons? I'm in New York for a 3 day striking seminar in March but I'll be there for a week and would also like to train there while I have the opportunity. Can anyone recommend any of the trainers there or does anyone have any comments on the place?
Also if there's anywhere else you would recommend training out in New York I'd love to hear, I wanna make the most of it while I'm there.

Anybody every done any training out of Gleasons? I'm in New York for a 3 day striking seminar in March but I'll be there for a week and would also like to train there while I have the opportunity. Can anyone recommend any of the trainers there or does anyone have any comments on the place?
Also if there's anywhere else you would recommend training out in New York I'd love to hear, I wanna make the most of it while I'm there.
Is that the seminar with Bas, Aldo, Frazen, Ludwig, Souwer, and Machida? that's gonna be badass if so.

Gleasons is oozing with history! Would be a great place to visit, and I'm sure any training you get there will be fantastic.

I stopped into Ardon Sweet Science in Brooklyn but wasn't able to get any training because of my schedule.
Seemed like a real legit boxing gym, got that Apollo Creed's oldschool gym vibe. The people I talked to there were very nice. I would bring your own equipment if you go. And give them a heads up before you show up.

The Wat has a good rep for muay thai I hear. Cosmo Alexander did a seminar there last month.

Last edited:

Wow the coach lineup is very interesting but I honestly would never pay for a 3h seminar.

3h / training is a workshop and thats fine but it should always focus on a few or only one aspect because of the limited time. Here it sounds more like they will cover everything in 3hrs which also limits the individual guidance you get .

Its imo more of a "meet the celebrity" thing. It may still be a very nice experience.

Is that the seminar with Bas, Aldo, Frazen, Ludwig, Souwer, and Machida? that's gonna be badass if so.
It is yeah, looking forward to it seems like its gonna be a good 3 days.

Wow the coach lineup is very interesting but I honestly would never pay for a 3h seminar.

3h / training is a workshop and thats fine but it should always focus on a few or only one aspect because of the limited time. Here it sounds more like they will cover everything in 3hrs which also limits the individual guidance you get .

Its imo more of a "meet the celebrity" thing. It may still be a very nice experience.
Its 3 hours each day for 3 days so 9 hours total. While I always think seminars with guys of this caliber tend to be a little over priced, I think this is one of the more reasonably priced ones I've seen.

It is yeah, looking forward to it seems like its gonna be a good 3 days.

Its 3 hours each day for 3 days so 9 hours total. While I always think seminars with guys of this caliber tend to be a little over priced, I think this is one of the more reasonably priced ones I've seen.

Did not want to talk it down. Have fun and maybe give us your thoughts about it afterwards. Would be nice

Back