Giving respect to Tyron Woodley. RDA is delusional.

I've been very clear about my points this entire time.

LOL you are delusional. Thompson got dropped TWICE and he got hit many times after that while Woodley was on top and when they went to standing with knees. You aren't only parading your opinion around as truth but you are wrong factually as well. I don't care if others don't want to say that he "beat him down" like I did, but don't straight up lie about all the strikes he was hit with or that he was dropped twice. Thompson was very close to losing that fight multiple times. I don't know why what I said bothers you so much.

Here is what actually happened for people like Moloko who don't remember it very well,

I think it bothers me because you know you are not being truthful with the term "beatdown" and you know it.....hence why you keep reframing the context of the argument and then saying the whole thing is subjective and you don't care what others think on the subject...just admit it, the you have to have the "beat down" narrative to make sense of how Woodley won when so many thought it a draw or a win for wondering....i mean you keep trying to tell me he was knocked down twice, when it was one(even fight metrics has that right) yet I'm the delusional one

And if you don't care that no one else agrees with you, then that's very telling

Last edited:
I think it bothers me because you know you are not being truthful with the term "beatdown" and you know it.....hence why you keep reframing the context of the argument and then saying the whole thing is subjective and you don't care what others think on the subject...just admit it, the you have to have the "beat down" narrative to make sense of how Woodley won when so many thought it a draw or a win for wondering....i mean you keep trying to tell me he was knocked down twice, when it was one(even fight metrics has that right) yet I'm the delusional one

And if you don't care that no one else agrees with you, then that's very telling

I disagree. IMO Thompson was getting beat down at the end of that round.

I don't know why you are so confused. I haven't been re framing the argument. I have held the same position the entire time. You didn't like my subjective language so I got specific with what factually happened. I have a big problem with how you misrepresent what actually happened. I do not care about a stupid phrase like "beat him down". I cared about my overall point that the most exciting part of that fight was because of Tyron when he was hurting Thompson and nearly finished him.

Since you brought it up when I watched the fight live I thought they might give the fight to Thompson based on the round by round scoring of the fight. I was fine with the draw because Tyron had the most moments and did the most damage.

You are also saying that the first strike didn't mean anything, when he clearly dropped from it even if it wasn't flat to the canvas. You are way obsessed with subjective comments like "beat him down".

I disagree. IMO Thompson was getting beat down at the end of that round.

I don't know why you are so confused. I haven't been re framing the argument. I have held the same position the entire time. You didn't like my subjective language so I got specific with what factually happened. I have a big problem with how you misrepresent what actually happened. I do not care about a stupid phrase like "beat him down". I cared about my overall point that the most exciting part of that fight was because of Tyron when he was hurting Thompson and nearly finished him.

Since you brought it up when I watched the fight live I thought they might give the fight to Thompson based on the round by round scoring of the fight. I was fine with the draw because Tyron had the most moments and did the most damage.

You are also saying that the first strike didn't mean anything, when he clearly dropped from it even if it wasn't flat to the canvas. You are way obsessed with subjective comments like "beat him down".
Moloko Man u r crazy if u think that wasn't a beat down. Credit to IamStryker. U sir r completely correct.

lol I love these guys criticizing Woodley for the "boring" fights against Thompson when they are the same guys that didn't give Woodley much of a chance at beating Thompson before they fought.

Give the guy some respect. You all thought Thompson was going to school Woodley before they fought but now you bash Woodley because you thought the fights were boring. If it's not one thing it's another ignoring the fact that this is the guy that kod Lawler at a time when Lawler was on a tear and then fought 3 times against top competition afterwards within a year.

Woodley is a great champ.

Anyone criticizing Woodley is insane and probably supports stupid money fights like Bisping/GSP and Conor/Diaz. Woodley has fought four times in one year and defended against real number one contenders. Giving Woodley no gratitude for defending like a real champion should do is only going to encourage him and the other champions to duck the hard fights and pursue only the easy money fights. No I don't care if you think his fights were boring. Not all fights are going to be barn burners and his opponents have just as much blame if not more in some cases. Stephen Thompson is supposed to be the top striker in the division but he did fuck all in both fights (and I was rooting for him!). The only fight that I give him a little criticism is the Maia fight but I can't blame him for being careful with a guy who chokes everyone.

Really sick of interim belts. If the UFC respected the real belts then interim belts would basically never be necessary at all.

<3>

Your opinion sucks as much as Tyron Woodley belt fights.

lol I love these guys criticizing Woodley for the "boring" fights against Thompson when they are the same guys that didn't give Woodley much of a chance at beating Thompson before they fought.

Give the guy some respect. You all thought Thompson was going to school Woodley before they fought but now you bash Woodley because you thought the fights were boring. If it's not one thing it's another ignoring the fact that this is the guy that kod Lawler at a time when Lawler was on a tear and then fought 3 times against top competition afterwards within a year.

Woodley is a great champ.

Woodley fucking sucks, but you're welcome to keep giving him your money.

<3>

Your opinion sucks as much as Tyron Woodley belt fights.

421a48955ca438a67aa424d6937b9f3f--stone-cold-steve-steve-austin.jpg

People are stupid,Woodley did his thing.Anyone calling Wood vs Thompson 1 boring is a tard.For rematch i can agree it was boring but Maia fight for me was good.About time someone manhandled Maia.

People are stupid,Woodley did his thing.Anyone calling Wood vs Thompson 1 boring is a tard.For rematch i can agree it was boring but Maia fight for me was good.About time someone manhandled Maia.

I think you are an easily impressed fucking tard for liking all that shit.

shut the hell up with that
giphy.webp

he set the record for least strikes thrown in a title fight

3 boring title fights in a row, he deserves every once of criticism

The first Thompson fight was actually quite good. The second and the Maia fight were admittedly terrible.

Lets just pretend that fighting Thompson twice and Maia once is easy. Stuffing those takedowns on Maia is no big deal. Woodley just walked around and did nothing right?

I mean, for him it was no big deal to stuff them.. which is why it's crazy he didn't throw more. He was at absolutely no risk of being taken down and Maia is not a good striker.

I give him some slack on the second Thompson fight - I'm not sure Woodley could've done much else, and because Thompson is a rangey fighter it was kind of a recipe for disaster if Woodley couldn't take him down and keep him there. We knew he was going to go all "gameplan" after the first fight, so meh

I've been very clear about my points this entire time.

LOL you are delusional. Thompson got dropped TWICE and he got hit many times after that while Woodley was on top and when they went to standing with knees. You aren't only parading your opinion around as truth but you are wrong factually as well. I don't care if others don't want to say that he "beat him down" like I did, but don't straight up lie about all the strikes he was hit with or that he was dropped twice. Thompson was very close to losing that fight multiple times. I don't know why what I said bothers you so much.

Here is what actually happened for people like Moloko who don't remember it very well,

This is all true and with the current judging criteria that would have been a clear cut 10-8 round for Woodley from all 3 judges, giving Woodley the decision.

Back