Giving respect to Tyron Woodley. RDA is delusional.

Woodley-and-Thompson.jpg

What revision are you speaking of?
That right there

I saw the fight on TV with my own two eyes

Woodley didn't beat anything down

Last edited:
That right there

I saw the fight on TV with my own two eyes

Woodley didn't beat anything down

Ok so now apparently we are going to have a subjective argument when I think my point was very obvious. The most exciting part of the fight was Woodley DROPPING Thompson, pounding on him, then getting a deep submission. That's what happened. I'm not going to have a retarded argument about what to call it. That was the most "beat down" part of that fight.

Anyone criticizing Woodley is insane and probably supports stupid money fights like Bisping/GSP and Conor/Diaz. Woodley has fought four times in one year and defended against real number one contenders. Giving Woodley no gratitude for defending like a real champion should do is only going to encourage him and the other champions to duck the hard fights and pursue only the easy money fights. No I don't care if you think his fights were boring. Not all fights are going to be barn burners and his opponents have just as much blame if not more in some cases. Stephen Thompson is supposed to be the top striker in the division but he did fuck all in both fights (and I was rooting for him!). The only fight that I give him a little criticism is the Maia fight but I can't blame him for being careful with a guy who chokes everyone.

Really sick of interim belts. If the UFC respected the real belts then interim belts would basically never be necessary at all.

didnt-read-lol-dancing-bodybuilder.gif

Ok so now apparently we are going to have a subjective argument when I think my point was very obvious. The most exciting part of the fight was Woodley DROPPING Thompson, pounding on him, then getting a deep submission. That's what happened. I'm not going to have a retarded argument about what to call it. That was the most "beat down" part of that fight.
Lol now you're trying to reframe the narrative and explain what "you meant" and what was "obvious"
<36>

Lol now you're trying to reframe the narrative and explain what "you meant" and what was "obvious"
<36>

I don't know why you are grilling me about something that is subjective. Thompson was getting beat up and nearly lost. What exactly is the point you are trying to make?

I don't know why you are grilling me about something that is subjective. Thompson was getting beat up and nearly lost. What exactly is the point you are trying to make?
If it's so subjective why are you repeatedly attempting to emphasize that what you're saying about the fight is the truth?

If it's so subjective why are you repeatedly attempting to emphasize that what you're saying about the fight is the truth?

You started in with this because of the phrase "beating him down" which is subjective. So I then got more specific with what actually happened. So I really have no idea what you are crying about.

If you disagree then why don't you tell me what happened in that fight and maybe we can agree on something or just agree to disagree.

You started in with this because of the phrase "beat down" which is subjective. So I then got more specific with what actually happened. So I really have no idea what you are crying about.

If you disagree then why don't you tell me what happened in that fight and maybe we can agree on something or just agree to disagree.
Lol the phrase "beatdown" isn't subjective at all....it's undoubtedly definitive

Landing one awkward right and chasing a guy around a cage after he gets up,
most certainly isn't one.....in any context of the word

Sounds more like you're lowering your standards and changeing definitions to fit the narrative you want

I guarantee Woodley himself wouldnt say he beat down anything in that fight

Last edited:
Lol the phrase "beatdown" isn't subjective at all....it's undoubtedly definitive

Landing one awkward right and chasing a guy around a cage after he gets up,
most certainly isn't one.....in any context of the word

Sounds more like you're lowering your standards and changeing definitions to fit the narrative you want

What exactly do you think subjective means? It's anything that is based on personal opinions. So why don't you explain to me how Stephen Thompson was factually not "beat down" when he was dropped and nearly submitted. I'll bite.

Edit: You need to re watch the fight. Thompson was dropped twice. The first time Thompson got up fast and Woodley didn't chase him for long before he was dropped again, then he was hit with elbows, punches and knees before the submission attempt. If anyone is changing what happened to fit their narrative it is you.

Last edited:
What exactly do you think subjective means? It's anything that is based on personal opinions. So why don't you explain to me how Stephen Thompson was factually not "beat down" when he was dropped and nearly submitted. I'll bite.
<45>
There's a line between being subjective and being ignorant to the truth and ignoring conventional thinking

I just about guarantee that woodley himself wouldnt believe that getting hit with a punch and immediately getting up or pulling out of the choke would qualify as a beat down by any means

Two things here.

1. Woodley has taken on top contenders since winning the title. Sadly he is one of few champs that do this in the money fight era. For that he deserves praise

2. He has without a doubt beenin some horribly boring fights. His last two were among the worst in the modern era. For that he deserves criticism

<45>
There's a line between being subjective and being ignorant to the truth and ignoring conventional thinking

I just about guarantee that woodley himself wouldnt believe that getting hit with a punch and immediately getting up or pulling out of the choke would qualify as a beat down by any means

Ignorant to what truth? Respond to my edit above because so far the only one who is misrepresenting what happened is you. I was never talking about "one punch " lol.

Woodley's fights are either fast knockouts or complete snoozefests. Respect to him for being active as opposed to sitting on the bench but I can't see myself paying for any of his fights.

Anyone criticizing Woodley is insane and probably supports stupid money fights like Bisping/GSP and Conor/Diaz. Woodley has fought four times in one year and defended against real number one contenders. Giving Woodley no gratitude for defending like a real champion should do is only going to encourage him and the other champions to duck the hard fights and pursue only the easy money fights. No I don't care if you think his fights were boring. Not all fights are going to be barn burners and his opponents have just as much blame if not more in some cases. Stephen Thompson is supposed to be the top striker in the division but he did fuck all in both fights (and I was rooting for him!). The only fight that I give him a little criticism is the Maia fight but I can't blame him for being careful with a guy who chokes everyone.

Really sick of interim belts. If the UFC respected the real belts then interim belts would basically never be necessary at all.

I disagree

Ignorant to what truth? Respond to my edit above because so far the only one who is misrepresenting what happened is you. I was never talking about "one punch " lol.
Haha well think your words out before you backtrack and edit what you "mean" again

I was talking about the one punch repeatedly because it's obvious that was the only decently landed and clean blow he threw in the last minute.
That flurry did fuck all

If he beat him down we wouldnt have had the scoring controversy and dana saying thompson won
<seedat>

I appreciate the fact that Woodley defended his belt against top contenders... I just don't appreciate watching it happen.

Haha well think your words out before you backtrack and edit what you "mean" again

I was talking about the one punch repeatedly because it's obvious that was the only decently landed and clean blow he threw in the last minute.
That flurry did fuck all

I've been very clear about my points this entire time.

LOL you are delusional. Thompson got dropped TWICE and he got hit many times after that while Woodley was on top and when they went to standing with knees. You aren't only parading your opinion around as truth but you are wrong factually as well. I don't care if others don't want to say that he "beat him down" like I did, but don't straight up lie about all the strikes he was hit with or that he was dropped twice. Thompson was very close to losing that fight multiple times. I don't know why what I said bothers you so much.

Here is what actually happened for people like Moloko who don't remember it very well,

Last edited:
1.) Woodley is obviously a good athlete with solid wrestling, striking, and extraordinarily defensive abilities.

2.) The majority of his fights are still boring as fuck.

/THREAD

Back