Giving respect to Tyron Woodley. RDA is delusional.

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone criticizing Woodley is insane and probably supports stupid money fights like Bisping/GSP and Conor/Diaz. Woodley has fought four times in one year and defended against real number one contenders. Giving Woodley no gratitude for defending like a real champion should do is only going to encourage him and the other champions to duck the hard fights and pursue only the easy money fights. No I don't care if you think his fights were boring. Not all fights are going to be barn burners and his opponents have just as much blame if not more in some cases. Stephen Thompson is supposed to be the top striker in the division but he did fuck all in both fights (and I was rooting for him!). The only fight that I give him a little criticism is the Maia fight but I can't blame him for being careful with a guy who chokes everyone.

Really sick of interim belts. If the UFC respected the real belts then interim belts would basically never be necessary at all.

shut the hell up with that
giphy.webp

he set the record for least strikes thrown in a title fight

3 boring title fights in a row, he deserves every once of criticism

I like Woodley because he stopped Condit running.

bork1}

giphy.webp

LMAO, funny shit. Poor Philly Mascot, someone should have saved the poor bastard. Did he get suspended for that?

Pretty sure 99% of fans would have rather Woodley not fought than what he did which was waste 75 minutes of our time in 3 of the most boring title fights of all time, two of which should have been draws.

Active? He probably threw less total punches in those three 25 minute fights than most champs do in a single round. Khabib probably threw more strikes than Woodley has in the last year.

One huge ass paragraph, then two small sentences. <{cruzshake}>That deserves Woodley level criticism.

Fought 4 times in one year, took a year and a half off before that to wait for a title shot

giphy.webp

BS. The most exciting parts of the first two fights were because of him.

Active? He probably threw less total punches in those three 25 minute fights than most champs do in a single round. Khabib probably threw more strikes than Woodley has in the last year.

Lets just pretend that fighting Thompson twice and Maia once is easy. Stuffing those takedowns on Maia is no big deal. Woodley just walked around and did nothing right?

giphy.webp

Pretty sure 99% of fans would have rather Woodley not fought than what he did which was waste 75 minutes of our time in 3 of the most boring title fights of all time, two of which should have been draws.

Gentlemen Woodley Thompson 1 was not boring, I even made a thread on this to prove that exact point. It was FOTN on a card that is top 5 all time.

giphy.webp

thank you.gif

Anyone criticizing Woodley is insane and probably supports stupid money fights like Bisping/GSP and Conor/Diaz.
Isn't Woodley a supporter of stupid fights himself, since he tried his best to fight Bisping, GSP, Conor and Nick Diaz?

Maia was terrible and Wonderbread was scared shitless.

Tough to be exciting.

Isn't Woodley a supporter of stupid fights himself, since he tried his best to fight Bisping, GSP, Conor and Nick Diaz?

I should have phrased that differently because you are right about what he has tried and I said something about it then. I was referring to people criticizing what he has actually done up to this point. IMO he deserves credit for who he has fought and how often he has fought.

Maia was terrible and Wonderbread was scared shitless.

Tough to be exciting.

Maia just looked bad because his grappling wasn't working on Woodley. That makes him look terrible because his striking and take downs look really sloppy.

Dana White probably regrets giving that shot at Lawler for T-Wood more than anything, specially after one year and a half of not fighting. Karma is a bitch.

Gentlemen Woodley Thompson 1 was not boring, I even made a thread on this to prove that exact point. It was FOTN on a card that is top 5 all time.

It probably would have been just as bad as the second fight if it wasn't for Woodley beating him down.

Back