Give us Danny Jacobs

Mcgregor's UFC

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I think Jacobs should of got the GGG rematch. Don't get me wrong I'm physched for Canelo vs GGG but I was really impressed with Jacobs. I thought in the last 5 rounds of his fight with GGG his confidence was sky high and he was landing some solid shots I think his biggest issue was that he came out timid and perhaps a little intimidated by GGG I feel like a second Fight would play out differently.

Hopefully Jacobs willing get a shot at the winner as unlikely as that is I hope it happens.

Jacobs won against golovkin, give him a big fight.

Jacobs will either get a tune up or Lemieux/Charlo then the winner of ggg/canelo. Jacobs is honestly every bit as good as ggg/canelo. Would like to see Jacobs and canelo down the road

Jacobs won against golovkin, give him a big fight.

While a close fight , ggg won . I would love to see a rematch but understandable why they're going with canelo , I feel bad for Jacobs guy deserves a big fight

No he didn't. He fought scared and lost ring control against a guy he had 15-20 lbs on.
He did come into the fight a lot bigger than GGG but he did win whether you thought he was fighting scared or not. The fact that there is a split between boxing fans with some thinking he lost and some thinking he won he deserves a rematch but I get that GGG vs Canelo is where the money is at. Hopefully they can face each other again in the future.

I think Jacobs should move up to 168 and collect that belt Rameriz is holding.

Call me crazy but I think Jacobs should of got the GGG rematch. Don't get me wrong I'm physched for Canelo vs GGG but I was really impressed with Jacobs. I thought in the last 5 rounds of his fight with GGG his confidence was sky high and he was landing some solid shots I think his biggest issue was that he came out timid and perhaps a little intimidated by GGG I feel like a second Fight would play out differently.

Hopefully Jacobs willing get a shot at the winner as unlikely as that is I hope it happens.

You're crazy. What's in it for GGG to rematch Jacobs?

**best route for Jacobs right now looks to be Jermall Charlo or David Lemieux ... and if he can't get Canelo-GGG then he should go up to Super Middle

No he didn't. He fought scared and lost ring control against a guy he had 15-20 lbs on.
Your trolling is a little too on the nose sometimes. Try being more subtle.

I will call you crazy like you ask because it fits.
GGG landed significantly more punches. GGG landed significantly more jabs. GGG KNOCKED DOWN JACOBS.
Jacobs had the advantage of hydration cause he decided last minute to skip the IBF title. GGG won't let him pull that veteran politics trick again. So if they do rematch and GGG this time anticipates it, he'll win even more decisively.
Jacobs should just move up or earn his title shot back in line.

Ryota Murata is much more skilled than Jacobs, if Saunders ducks him, and Canelo pussy-sticks to SWW dev, then I'd rather see that.

I'd rather see a rematch, too. I thought GGG won the first one, but it was close and you can see he really struggled with Jacobs. It's a 50/50 fight. The Canelo fight ... after last night I'm not so sure. I think GGG might just walk through him.

He did come into the fight a lot bigger than GGG but he did win whether you thought he was fighting scared or not. The fact that there is a split between boxing fans with some thinking he lost and some thinking he won he deserves a rematch but I get that GGG vs Canelo is where the money is at. Hopefully they can face each other again in the future.

Very very close fight ... A lot of Jacobs shots were blocked or deflected , screaming at your opponent after throwing punches does not get you points nor does it mean you landed... I actually think the whole screaming hurt Jacobs during the fight. What made the difference in the fight was ggg jab

Whether you like it or not he won. He didn't run. He fought smart.

It's a conversation so let's see it again. Everyone said he was getting ko'd and now there's other excuses.

He hurt Gennady more then anyone. Just ask him or watch the fight again.

Some of you are funny. You want the best fights unless they apply to your favorite fighter losing. It's your money so spend it as you choose.

I think Jacobs should move up to 168 and collect that belt Rameriz is holding.
Only if he can move back down. I dont know if he can move up and down. That is super hard for a big guy like him. Especially since 160 is already a struggle.
Too much HUGE money on the line with 160 fights with both GGG and Canelo. A belt at 168 isn't worth one of those fights let alone 2 of them maybe even 3 of them.
Chances of Canelo or GGG moving up to 168 to fight him seem slim to none. Nobody is going to move down either. I think Ward already stated as such.
From the outside looking in David Lemieux seems like the best all around option.

I had Danny winning the fight but it was by no means a robbery. After, Canelo vs GGG Danny should get a rematch or the winner for a payday because he's earned it. He has the skill to trouble GGG and potentially beat him but he needs to clean up some things, commit a bit more to punches when he makes GGG miss, more combinations, stay away from the ropes etc... Anyone saying GGG won that fight hands down is delusional their is valid controversy with the decision for a reason.

Just want to clarify I Never said Jacobs should of won the fight, I'm just saying he looked really good in the later rounds.

Just want to clarify I Never said Jacobs should of won the fight, I'm just saying he looked really good in the later rounds.
Yeah, I thought he looked great at moments. Really, he looked great defensively nearly the whole fight. His offense saw flashes of brilliance, but was not sustained. I wonder if that's because he was afraid of gassing.

I honestly think he takes the rematch with GGG when he gets it.

It's a conversation so let's see it again. Everyone said he was getting ko'd and now there's other excuses.

Some of you are funny. You want the best fights unless they apply to your favorite fighter losing. It's your money so spend it as you choose.
I honestly don't see how a boxing fan scores this the other way.

I thought Jacobs fought a great fight but lost in my eyes. But it was as close as any fight I've watched. My question is how would you feel about a fight with Canelo? Personally I think Danny would KO Canelo and make it look easy.

Back