Give and get footwork advice

dudeguyman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Alright so anybody who wants to, post a video of your footwork(minimum 1 minute videos). Or on the other hand, respond to someone's footwork video with constructive criticism. That means no trolling or just telling someone they suck without giving any advice. Let's build each other up here. @ironkhan57 already went first, but he can post it again in this thread. Here is mine.

Heres mine, see what you guys think. What can be improved and what looks wrong. I honestly thought the side step was wrong. So any advice is appreciated.

Alright so anybody who wants to, post a video of your footwork(minimum 1 minute videos). Or on the other hand, respond to someone's footwork video with constructive criticism. That means no trolling or just telling someone they suck without giving any advice. Let's build each other up here. @ironkhan57 already went first, but he can post it again in this thread. Here is mine.

Do everything slower, bend your knees more, and put your elbows down. You're developing "happy feet"...which are detrimental to balance and delivery of force.

Heres mine, see what you guys think. What can be improved and what looks wrong. I honestly thought the side step was wrong. So any advice is appreciated.

When you head move, you dip to the side too much where it's going to affect your balance

When you head move, you dip to the side too much where it's going to affect your balance

Ok thank you for the advice one guy told me that the other day I didn't realize I was doing it. And still didn't. So just dip with your head stationary right?

There is something important when you work footwork try to make the best of body and hand positioning too. Otherwise you will develop some bad habits. Take it slow really. Watch out after every movement your hands, your body, your head, your feet and your balance.
I am unhappy with your hand positioning mostly.
I do not like your back foot sometimes. I have no clue how to explain it, but it goes from toes to some wide position down the feet, especially when you move back.

I think your feet are too wide from each other which leads to losing balance. You often look that you are a punch or a push away from falling to the ground.
I have no idea how to fix this, as I think I do the same often :)

I think your feet are too wide from each other which leads to losing balance. You often look that you are a punch or a push away from falling to the ground.
I have no idea how to fix this, as I think I do the same often :)

I think it's my posture lol. Do you mean when I do the pendulum step or the side step?

^ Back foot should be directly beneath the back hand. If you point your hand to the ground straight down from your shoulder, your foot should be under it. If it's not, balance is not there.

^ Back foot should be directly beneath the back hand. If you point your hand to the ground straight down from your shoulder, your foot should be under it. If it's not, balance is not there.

I'm confused wether your talking to me. But that is one of the most important things for my stance for sure.

When Sinister comes with the simplest explanations to fix major problems. Appreciated, man.

I'm confused wether your talking to me. But that is one of the most important things for my stance for sure.

It applies to anyone who doesn't do it. Including you.

Few things that immediately stood out. First of all slow it down as Sin said.

1. You're sorta doing a mixture of hop steps and regular steps. Decide which you want to do when you move. Either take short deliberate steps, or do a hopstep.
2. Return to your proper stance after you pivot. You are just landing at an odd angle and not in a fighting stance. Have in mind you are pivoting around an opponent.

Honestly, guys, just go and pay a coach

Well I have the foundation and have friends who box so I ask them about footwork advice and show them the videos on footwork that I'm looking at.

What do you mean, in the meantime

What are you waiting for, you need lots of help, you shouldnt delay it

Is this some kind of mating dance lol

But in all seriousness, there are tons of YouTube videos about this subject out there. I promise you you will learn a lot more than the advice given here

Back