Give an example of a "pillow fist" fighter?

Kerby Colbington
Do Dronx
Anfernee Perez
Lil Perez
Kneel Magnie
Kelly Daniel

I go to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

So my answer is Mark Hunt or Dan Henderson.
I think it's high time we redefined the term "pillow-fisted". Looking forward to a KO artist saying something cool like: "My fist is like a pillow - one touch to the head and you go to sleep."

2jblcab.jpg

Most WMMA fighters?

lol amazing don't think ive ever seen that. In the moment she probably thought she was killing that chi9ck I wonder if shes ever looked back at the highlight and realized how embarrassing it really is

Sonnen, if he had just a little power he coulda ground n pounded a lot of people

Who has Jon Jones hurt with punches other than Machida? Always thought he had really weak punches for a man that big and athletic, but "pillow fists" is a stretch.

Maybe Alex Caceres. I don't recall him ever hurting any of his opponents with punches.
dropped sergio pettis, but pettis seems a little chinny.

i'm sure he's dropped other guys.

Most fighters that are perceived as having pillow fists are reallyjust fighting in a way which allows them to win through pressure/volume rather than loading up for a big KO (and gassing when they fail)

Some fighters have so weak punches, they don't have a choice but to fight like that. What type of muscle fibre you have is a big part of that.

mike bisping. As pillowfisted as they come.

Nate Diaz springs to mind.
yup. nate is as close as it comes, and even he will TKO guys eventually. like in the maynard fight, he never actually goes down but the ref will step in and stop it.

Back