Give an example of a "pillow fist" fighter?

Dj
Corey Anderson
Tony Ferguson
Clay Guida
Michael chiesa
Wonderboy
Masvidal
Neil Magny
Jim Miller
Michael bisping
Dominick Cruz

Most fighters that are perceived as having pillow fists are reallyjust fighting in a way which allows them to win through pressure/volume rather than loading up for a big KO (and gassing when they fail)

Definitely. Someone fighting to minimize their risk of losing isn't committing fully to shots, but if they did, they could land with plenty of power to hurt an opponent. There are plenty of examples of some of the fighters mentioned in here putting their weight behind a shot occasionally and hurting people.

Bisping would starch the average guy with 1 punch. But relative to other elite MW fighters, his punching power is laughable

No power at all from my fellow New Zealander.

I don't agree with people saying Diaz bro's. They've (t)KOd plenty of people, they just don't throw 100 percent punches.

Jon Jones, CM punk, shogun.

Both Diaz brothers. WMMA minus Jessica Eye, Fred Ettish.

the long haired canadain fighter. I guess he throws a lot of kicks but none of his strikes seem to do any damage and he gets a lot of decisions wins.

the long haired canadain fighter. I guess he throws a lot of kicks but none of his strikes seem to do any damage and he gets a lot of decisions wins.

Elias Theodorou — pretty good pick

His recent strategy seems to be throw volume of touch strikes and attempt to gas opponent out to win with “super cardio”

Lol at people saying Bisping.

michael-bisping-defeats-cung-le-1024x653.jpg

He flaps like Joe Calzaghe. He's a knee and kick guy.

He ko’d Prime machida for the belt

Along with a ton of people in pride and his crazy back and forths with hendo

The guy has some serious power — come on that’s a joke

He ko’d Prime machida for the belt

Along with a ton of people in pride and his crazy back and forths with hendo

The guy has some serious power — come on that’s a joke

He very rarely starched anyone with punches in pride, he usually overwhelmed them with volume punching and decent accuracy, then stomped or kneed them to death.

He caught machida running in at him (which literally doubles the power) and still didn't starch him. He finished him from the mount.

2 starchings in 20 finishes, and even they needed follow up punches. Never Mark Hunt walk off killed anyone.

Last edited:
I go to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

So my answer is Mark Hunt or Dan Henderson.

Back