Ginuwine labeled transphobic for refusing to kiss transgender

There are different ethnic groups in Africa, though. Some of their women are legitimately attractive and they're not mixed. A lot of people visit African countries and talk about how beautiful all the women were.

I think what we're looking at here is that the slave trade, which operated in the west of Africa, by circumstance only imported a certain type of African i.e. the stout type, with very large features, the jaw protruding forward, etc. This aesthetic is tolerable on males, but terrible for females. And presumably they mostly only bought people who looked strong and suitable for physical work, again not necessarily a good characteristic for females.

127577c972f484b9c98d9a6e28991cde.jpg

9bcecf23e699a02cfa5d2f52693eaa0f--african-models-perfect-skin.jpg

tumblr_odb7mgDeq41r8t1t8o3_500.jpg

Male example, notice how his features are completely different from an American black. You'll notice this a lot from British black actors, they're from another (and more diverse) "batch" of black people entirely. They're always more interesting visually than American blacks - who basically all follow the same mould.

Peter-Mensah-Midnight-Texas-2.jpg
I've highlighted a couple areas of things you say that are not really appropriate which could otherwise derail a good post.

What you say there is not universal. If you say 'from a socially conditioned Western perspective' those things are true as we have been conditioned and exposed to like something else. But i guarantee you those women are attractive to those in the region they grew up with as that is what they were conditioned to.

Sorry that I felt I had to nitpick but you cannot speak in absolutes there and just suggest they have zero attraction value anywhere. You must caveat that with 'based on a traditikonally conditioned Western Appeal'.

I watched the clip...I’m sorry but just because the trans person says she is a woman doesn’t make it so. She literally looks like a man in drag and has a mans voice. It’s transphobic if you hate them or discriminate them, but not if you aren’t sexually attracted to them. The more I see things like this, the more I think all of this liberal acceptance is preventing people from getting help.
Yup.

You can almost look at it like a gradient curve.

If you look at @jgarner pictures above most people int eh West (and likely elsewhere) could all find those most caucasian women (with tans) attractive. As you move away from those 'western ideal' features and look at some of the pictures in the post by @Renard above, you will likely see a diminishing pool of people who organically find some of those women attractive as you move further away from the historical 'western ideal'.

But over time, with more and more exposure due to fashion and movies and general media that look is becoming more and more socialized and normal for us and therefore more and more people will be attracted to it in the West.

Once upon a time Grace Jones was one of the few symbols of strong traditional African features put out for mass consumption.

tumblr51.jpg

And she was typically put out for shock and contrast value value more than to promote her as a beauty amongst the other super model beauties.

grace-jones-2.jpg

Now we are seeing more and more examples of that same look being portrayed and that will impact more peoples view over time.

118411.jpeg

There are different ethnic groups in Africa, though. Some of their women are legitimately attractive and they're not mixed. A lot of people visit African countries and talk about how beautiful all the women were.

I think what we're looking at here is that the slave trade, which operated in the west of Africa, by circumstance only imported a certain type of African i.e. the stout type, with very large features, the jaw protruding forward, etc. This aesthetic is tolerable on males, but terrible for females. And presumably they mostly only bought people who looked strong and suitable for physical work, again not necessarily a good characteristic for females.

127577c972f484b9c98d9a6e28991cde.jpg

9bcecf23e699a02cfa5d2f52693eaa0f--african-models-perfect-skin.jpg

tumblr_odb7mgDeq41r8t1t8o3_500.jpg

Male example, notice how his features are completely different from an American black. You'll notice this a lot from British black actors, they're from another (and more diverse) "batch" of black people entirely. They're always more interesting visually than American blacks - who basically all follow the same mould.

Peter-Mensah-Midnight-Texas-2.jpg

Yeah I lived most of my life in the Pacific Northwest, where there is a huge immigrant population. Including African girls, and more often than not they are stunningly beautiful. To the point even I stop and stare, and typically I'm more into white women.

As you mentioned, much of that is probably due to black Americans being from slave stock, and not selected for attractiveness. A rugged face is a good attribute on a man, but not so much on a woman.

I agree black women have it pretty rough in this department. My mentor is a black dude and I was over his place early one morning and he was helping his young daughter get ready for school. He was combing out the kinks in her hair for her, a long process; it wasn't anything dramatic but I felt bad at that moment because it dawned on me how something as basic as hair is a big hurdle right off the bat for black women when trying to compete within our perception of female beauty. And I thought of myself and how a women's hair plays a huge role in my attraction to her and how a black women's hair in its natural form is not something I'm attracted to on any level

Yeah it's kind of sad that there is an absolutely massive industry around black girls torturing their hair until it looks like a white girls. That or get a weave. Because most people do not like frizzy, kinky hair. Black men mostly keep their head shaved or go with a simple fade. Not an option for women, since they usually look awful with no hair or short hair.

From an early age they're constantly being told their natural look is wrong and ugly. Then they get older and see that very often white women, hell pretty much any other women, take all their men.

No wonder a lot of them are so hostile.

Yeah I lived most of my life in the Pacific Northwest, where there is a huge immigrant population. Including African girls, and more often than not they are stunningly beautiful. To the point even I stop and stare, and typically I'm more into white women.

As you mentioned, much of that is probably due to black Americans being from slave stock, and not selected for attractiveness. A rugged face is a good attribute on a man, but not so much on a woman.
Yes that is a big part of it but the secondary part is the socio economic situation those women were in, in slavery and then after as impoverished but free women after slavery ended. it hard to attribute positive attributes to a group who is generally, arguably the most downtrodden with the least options in society and who then disproportionately end up on welfare and as baby machines as people pushed to the margins typically do.

There were very few positive images of strength and confidence portrayed in that group and that can be a key factor to attraction such as in the picture I posted above with the girl facing down ScarJo.

I understand where the transcommunity is coming from, but as a guy... what can you do? I would feel extremely uncomfortable going out with a trans. I understand that they want to be seen as "real" women... but I just can't see them that way.

Whats to understand?

I dont understand them one bit.

You can refuse to date who you want.

You can refuse to kiss who you want.

Motherfucking period.

The whole point was that his repulsion was what she has to deal with when dating. She wasn't even seriousy trying to kiss him. He freaked out over just a hug and ran off.

Too fucking bad.

People dont have to date you or like you.

Tough shit.

Sorry, but just because you feel like a real girl on the inside doesn't mean we see you that way.

Real question...

How can you "feel like" something you are not?

Well, if they can make decisions regarding human sexuality, so can you, right?

If someone can't understand how you're not attracted to someone who was born with a penis, that's their issue, not yours.

And let's say you're tricked into it (convincing surgery, whatever) and you become uncomfortable with it. There are a million invisible factors that can change attraction (intelligence, politics) and this is just another one of those.
The thing is that the trans community doesn't SAY they want to take away the basic stuff like "I'm not attracted to you" and try to label you as the one that's in the wrong-but we see time and time again that it is happening.
I 100% see that because their community didn't have a voice for so long they feel it's their RIGHT to say how we should think and act towards them.
I'm all for every single person living the life they want to live and don't tell others how to go about their lives so please don't try to dictate mine.

Yeah it's kind of sad that there is an absolutely massive industry around black girls torturing their hair until it looks like a white girls. That or get a weave. Because most people do not like frizzy, kinky hair. Black men mostly keep their head shaved or go with a simple fade. Not an option for women, since they usually look awful with no hair or short hair.

From an early age they're constantly being told their natural look is wrong and ugly. Then they get older and see that very often white women, hell pretty much any other women, take all their men.

No wonder a lot of them are so hostile.

Is it " ugly " or just a maintenance nightmare ? I gotta think that's at least part of it , seems like it would be very difficult to keep that type of hair looking well kept .

Not being attracted to someone due to their physical racial features isn't racist its preference.

Trying to guilt people into finding everything attractive is as comical as it is ridiculous. As the other poster alluded to , where does it end? BIgoted for not like blondes? Fat women? Americans?

There's nothing wrong with simply not being attracted to someone. There's something wrong with saying you would never be attracted to someone because of their skin color. Do you not understand the difference in those two statements?

So by this interpretation, does me making a blanket statement that I wouldn't date a tranny based solely on their chromosomes = bigotry?

At what point is the heart free to want what the heart wants without it being a crime against humanity?

The tranny argument is a little different simply because you can't reproduce with them. If you're looking for a relationship, it's common to want children down the road.

Your heart is always "free" to be attracted to whatever you want to be attracted to. It's not a crime to look at a black woman and not be attracted to her, nor is it racist. When it crosses the line into racism is when you make a hard line statement that you cannot be attracted to a black woman ever simply because the color of her skin. It's the same thing for any other race you could insert into that comment. You don't know what you might or might not be attracted to until you've met the person. Not only is it racist, I think you're full of shit. There's sexy women of all races and I guarantee you could find at least one that you're attracted to.

I watched the clip...I’m sorry but just because the trans person says she is a woman doesn’t make it so. She literally looks like a man in drag and has a mans voice. It’s transphobic if you hate them or discriminate them, but not if you aren’t sexually attracted to them. The more I see things like this, the more I think all of this liberal acceptance is preventing people from getting help.

It's like the guy should be able to be "coerced" to have sex...

I mean it's ok to pressing and pressing even though the guy said several times he wasn't interested, right?

There's nothing wrong with simply not being attracted to someone. There's something wrong with saying you would never be attracted to someone because of their skin color. Do you not understand the difference in those two statements?

Thats still not racist. You can literally not find a skin colour attractive for ones personal ideals of beauty. Its as simple as that. Theres no hidden bigoted undertones involved.

Thats still not racist. You can literally not find a skin colour attractive for ones personal ideals of beauty. Its as simple as that. Theres no hidden bigoted undertones involved.

Just curious as to where those personal ideas of beauty come from?

Just curious as to where those personal ideas of beauty come from?

Are you being intentionally obtuse here? It's actually baffling to you that people have wildly different tastes when it comes to physical attraction?

Are you being intentionally obtuse here? It's actually baffling to you that people have wildly different tastes when it comes to physical attraction?

Of course people prefer different things. Liking something more than a baseline enjoyment is different than actually disliking something. If you dislike someone specifically because of their race though, it's racist. That would apply to a black person who doesn't like any white people. Or an Asian person who wouldn't like any brown people.

If a girl has a perfect body and face but you're not attracted to her specifically because of her race, I just think maybe you should take a deeper look at yourself.

Is it " ugly " or just a maintenance nightmare ? I gotta think that's at least part of it , seems like it would be very difficult to keep that type of hair looking well kept .

It's a nightmare. Having been raised by a white woman, my hair gave her fits as a kid :D

Of course people prefer different things. Liking something more than a baseline enjoyment is different than actually disliking something. If you dislike someone specifically because of their race though, it's racist. That would apply to a black person who doesn't like any white people. Or an Asian person who wouldn't like any brown people.

If a girl has a perfect body and face but you're not attracted to her specifically because of her race, I just think maybe you should take a deeper look at yourself.

Or maybe.... just maybe you should get your big girl pannies out of the dryer air them out a big and put them on and stop trying to find racism under every rock you look.

Again races possess certain distinguishable features that simply are aesthetically unappealing to people that in turn does not allow the person to have a " perfect" face or body in their eyes.

Really here do i have to fucking explain the whole beauty in the eye of the beholder bit to you? I can show diagrams and cartoons and what not.

Last edited:
Only trans people are allowed to go for the people they find attractive, everyone else are biggots for going for what they want. Makes sense.

Back