Gillibrand Says Bill Clinton Should Have Resigned Over Lewinsky Affair

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
WASHINGTON — Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Democrat of New York, who holds Hillary Clinton’s former seat, said on Thursday that Bill Clinton should have resigned the presidency after his inappropriate relationship with an intern came to light nearly 20 years ago.

Asked directly if she believed Mr. Clinton should have stepped down at the time, Ms. Gillibrand took a long pause and said, “Yes, I think that is the appropriate response.”

she said things have changed and you can't do that shit anymore.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/us/politics/gillibrand-bill-clinton-sexual-misconduct.html

I'd really like to draw the line here.. men should be allowed to get consensual blowjobs.

But, Monica was his employee and that's not ethical, and technically he was in a position of power being the President.

If I remember correctly his approval rating went up after the blow job my how times have changed.

If bitches wanna fuck and suck their way to success then it's hard to blame the men who enable them. The natural consequence of hiring only chicks that suck your dick would ruin most businesses. If Hollywood isn't one of them then so be it. If chicks themselves stop whoring out for a gig then there'd be nothing to worry about for the rest of the prudes.

Whether a leader is faithful in their marriage is pretty low on the list of impeachment/resignation concerns. It's a consideration in an election- especially a primary, but that's mostly for branding reasons, not real reasons that have to do with being good at presidenting. And for fuck's sake it shouldn't be public.

If I remember correctly his approval rating went up after the blow job my how times have changed.
His approval rating went up after the attempts to impeach him over a blowjob. So yes, times have changed, but that is because people actually got annoyed at Repubs for wasting so much time and energy on it.

I'd really like to draw the line here.. men should be allowed to get consensual blowjobs.

But, Monica was his employee and that's not ethical, and technically he was in a position of power being the President.
President is top of the food chain and holds a position of power over everyone.
That is why I could never be President, because you get criticized for every rando sloot giving you some mouth lovin.

Whether a leader is faithful in their marriage is pretty low on the list of impeachment/resignation concerns.

Exactly. That's why I thumbed my nose at the whiners at the time.

In retrospect, it's really the perjury aspect that I failed to focus on. I get wanting to cover up your infidelity. And that's personal. But really, got public office, it just points to someone being a liar. And in a position like POTUS, you gotta cut those fucks loose in an effort to encourage honest people. Really at all levels of politics. But it's best to start somewhere.

Virtue signaling her way to 2020.

At least it's better than her cringeworthy attempt at being edgy and swearing right after the election.

His approval rating went up after the attempts to impeach him over a blowjob. So yes, times have changed, but that is because people actually got annoyed at Repubs for wasting so much time and energy on it.

You're just spreading misinformation.

1. The impeachment hearing was not over a blowjob. It was for lying to congress about receiving a blowjob. That's called perjury.

2. Attempt? Bill Clinton was indeed impeached by The House.

If bitches wanna fuck and suck their way to success then it's hard to blame the men who enable them. The natural consequence of hiring only chicks that suck your dick would ruin most businesses. If Hollywood isn't one of them then so be it. If chicks themselves stop whoring out for a gig then there'd be nothing to worry about for the rest of the prudes.

I had a thought similar to this, but a little different.

If it is wrong for someone to use power to obtain sex, then it is wrong for someone to use sex to obtain power.

You are correct on that, but there's no technicality, president of the US is the ultimate position of power. If the guy can't keep his own marriage vows, what are the odds he's going to keep his promises to perfect strangers? They don't care about you, they just want power.

It's a valid opinion. If you really care about the sanctity and sovereignty of the office, or the moral leadership role of the President, It's a fine opinion to have.

However, given the long list of horrifying things that presidents regularly do without triggering impeachment (war crimes, etc.), I certainly do not agree with it.

Whether a leader is faithful in their marriage is pretty low on the list of impeachment/resignation concerns. It's a consideration in an election- especially a primary, but that's mostly for branding reasons, not real reasons that have to do with being good at presidenting. And for fuck's sake it shouldn't be public.

I don't think it's about being unfaithful. It's about taking advantage of a young intern. Plus there were more-serious allegations in there, too. Not sure if it rises to the level that the president should resign, but I suspect we'd have the current moment (with society turning sharply against this kind of thing) sooner if he had.

It's a valid opinion. If you really care about the sanctity and sovereignty of the office, or the moral leadership role of the President, It's a fine opinion to have.

However, given the long list of horrifying things that presidents regularly do without triggering impeachment (war crimes, etc.), I certainly do not agree with it.

No question that impeachment was wildly inappropriate, and the Senate was right. But I think the position, "he's a sleaze and he should resign in disgrace" was defensible at the time and looks better now.

No question that impeachment was wildly inappropriate, and the Senate was right. But I think the position, "he's a sleaze and he should resign in disgrace" was defensible at the time and looks better now.

It's a wonder whether if, had the GOP been successful in effectively setting a rigid moral purity standard for the office, whether it would have offset their actual policy -- fomenting anti-intellectual hyper partisanship -- in setting the stage for Trump.

Had hyper-partisanship not been adopted by Gingrich, or had it been adopted and then resulted in such a moral standard, Trump certainly would not be in office today.

theres a difference between adultery and sexual assault or repeated unwanted advances.
if it continues down this road the USA will end up with a succession of mike pences, which boggles the mind considering its the 21st century.
people joke about idiocracy becoming a documentary, the handmaids tale may be the alternative

I don't think it's about being unfaithful. It's about taking advantage of a young intern. Plus there were more-serious allegations in there, too. Not sure if it rises to the level that the president should resign, but I suspect we'd have the current moment (with society turning sharply against this kind of thing) sooner if he had.
Other more serious stuff w/Bill aside, I won't go this far in situations like this where there is no real coercion. She wanted it, she got it, and America lost its damn mind. There's not even a horsehair of white knight in me for her, in terms of there being some justice that she should receive today, or some punishment that he should receive. There's some sympathy for the size of the shitstorm she got herself into, and that's all. It was a tragic circumstance for her, but she's not owed the head of the head of government, and the rest of us aren't owed shit.

Henry Ford used to fire employees that cheated on their wives.

His reasoning was that if your wife couldn't trust you from wondering, why should your boss.

I guess that was his way of protecting against corporate espionage.

Henry Ford used to fire employees that cheated on their wives.

His reasoning was that if your wife couldn't trust you from wondering, why should your boss.

I guess that was his way of protecting against corporate espionage.
It's good that this kind of corporate tyranny remains in history to remind us of when things were far worse for American workers.

Its sort of interesting when you see people today who don't get what the big deal was with Clinton getting a blow job in office. It really shows our decline in morality over the past 25 years.

People used to have an expectation of propriety from public officials. Just the rumor of an affair was pretty controversial for Kennedy.

There are actually pics of Bills cumstains out there and people today don't really see the issue. I'm not saying I'm some pillar of values and morals either, but I'm old enough to recall quite well what a big deal the Lewinsky thing was and I don't think people would bat an eye today.

Back