Gifs: Conor Matrix Dodging Floyd + Conor Going "Lomachenko" On That A$$

In boxing, you can't punch below the belt. Doesn't matter if it's not on the balls, it's still illegal. Anywhere below the belt is illegal. Conor's punch was illegal, ref could have let it slide, but technically it is illegal. It's not the same as MMA where below the belt shots are legal as long as they don't hit the nuts.

Conor showed some decent skills given his lack of experience, he could have survived to a decision if his conditioning had been right.

Conor is great at dodging....especially when it comes to fighting relevant/worthy title contenders.

In boxing, you can't punch below the belt. Doesn't matter if it's not on the balls, it's still illegal. Anywhere below the belt is illegal. Conor's punch was illegal, ref could have let it slide, but technically it is illegal. It's not the same as MMA where below the belt shots are legal as long as they don't hit the nuts.

Conor showed some decent skills given his lack of experience, he could have survived to a decision if his conditioning had been right.

His conditioning wasn't the sole problem, he went 12 rounds with Paulie in sparring and actually finished stronger. If his conditioning was that bad, he wouldn't have been able to do that.

Floyd beat the fight out of him. Floyd's constant pressure and hard shots to body and head simply wore him out and made him gas.

Yeah, Conor was incredible in this particular sequence. It's the element of surprise, no boxer can prepare for his next generation MMA neo movement.

turn28cb9.gif

Probably my favourite part of the fight. It perfectly demonstrates the different levels both were operating at.

His conditioning wasn't the sole problem, he went 12 rounds with Paulie in sparring and actually finished stronger. If his conditioning was that bad, he wouldn't have been able to do that.

Floyd beat the fight out of him. Floyd's constant pressure and hard shots to body and head simply wore him out and made him gas.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to infer those things were mutually exclusive. But ideally, a fighter should be able to go x amount of hard rounds without gassing. Conor's conditioning wasn't quite where it needed to be. The superior conditioning of previous Mayweather opponents (along with defense, technique, etc.) is what allowed them to make it to a decision.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to infer those things were mutually exclusive. But ideally, a fighter should be able to go x amount of hard rounds without gassing. Conor's conditioning wasn't quite where it needed to be. The superior conditioning of previous Mayweather opponents (along with defense, technique, etc.) is what allowed them to make it to a decision.

Oh yeah, no question. His cardio is nowhere near the level of an elite boxer, Conor has proven a few times now he is incapable of going x amount of hard rounds without gassing.

If you think about it, good stamina is really a prerequisite of a good boxer. It takes years to become a 12 round fighter. And if you can't fight for 12 rounds, you're not going to beat anyone good in boxing, at all.

I guess my point was just that, even if Conor's cardio was better, I'm not sure he could have made it the distance. Part of it is physical endurance, being able to take the accumulative punishment that is dished out in a 12 round fight.

One thing that is interesting, Canelo has legimitately bad stamina, especially for a boxer. Yet somehow he is an elite fighter. He's just really good at pacing himself, and conserving his energy.

Back