Gifs: Conor Matrix Dodging Floyd + Conor Going "Lomachenko" On That A$$

dxvJbH.gif

<DCrying>
GM_20170919_215755.gif

Conor did amazing for an MMA fighter in his first Boxing match versus the GOAT.

I was actually starting to think you werent an idiot until you said Aldo

(just thought you were perhaps misguided or ignorant because there are a ton of "champs" at 140 and 147 in boxing that Conor could beat in boxing)...

but then you said Aldo...and its like nope....youre done...cant take you serious anymore....Lmao at Aldo....

Aldo would get killed even worse in straight boxing by Conor. Conor used his boxing skill to humilate Aldo....

In straight boxing where theres no threat of Aldo's kicks....LOL MURDER...even though Conor already MURDERED Aldo in pure stand up with his hands.

Let it go. Aldo will never be on Conor's level. You saw how each did against Holloway too. Conor is the BEST striker/boxer/counter puncher in MMA history period, by miles
I was actually starting to think you werent an idiot until you said Aldo

(just thought you were perhaps misguided or ignorant because there are a ton of "champs" at 140 and 147 in boxing that Conor could beat in boxing)...

but then you said Aldo...and its like nope....youre done...cant take you serious anymore....Lmao at Aldo....

Aldo would get killed even worse in straight boxing by Conor. Conor used his boxing skill to humilate Aldo....

In straight boxing where theres no threat of Aldo's kicks....LOL MURDER...even though Conor already MURDERED Aldo in pure stand up with his hands.

Let it go. Aldo will never be on Conor's level. You saw how each did against Holloway too. Conor is the BEST striker/boxer/counter puncher in MMA history period, by miles

Connor punching Power does not translate Well with Big boxing gloves , he is not the punching god u think he is . Aldo has good headmovement and probaly hits harder then Connor . Connor is good with his distance but Aldo can get thrue . None of them is a top boxer and Thats Why it would be exiting plus all the bad Blood . Remember Aldo is still the highest regarded fighter Connor has beaten . He was Mma p4p nr 1 when he got beat. Diaz was not even ranked top 3 in his division . And hollaway was a Young boy when he beat him . Connor does not have a shot against any IBF, WBA, WBO and WBC champs . U are probaly a Guy Who thought Connor would rip mayweathers head 'clean of' before They fought . I have trained a long time and fought before Im not just a fanboy like you .

There definitely is a beauty in the calculated aggressiveness he puts forward and the effectiveness is undeniable. However that aggressive all or nothing mentality is as much his weakness as it is his weapon. On one hand it helped him refine those killer counters but in the other it eats away at his gas tank and gives him a tendency to trade off of counter attempt (rarely but it has happened a few times). A very well honed double edged sword. Normally I'd say that he's be fine but LW (or WW for that matter) is no joke. There are very few fighters left that wouldn't present some major challenge for him. Now is as good of a time to evolve (without ruining what works for him) as any.

I am very curious to see if there will be a rise in MMA fighters doing what Joe Duffy did. Just take a year off to dedicate yourself to another craft and widen your arsenal.

I think there will be some of that. A lot more young amateur boxers deciding to take their talents to MMA will happen and a big part of that is Conor's mainstream popularity, especially with minorities. As well as guys like Stipe and Cody that are largely showing the blueprint. You'll see some of these amateurs pick up wrestling in high school and possibly a jiu-jitsu or MMA class if they can afford it and develop into well rounded fighters.

As for Conor, he is in what is the best division in history right now. At that level you have to give everyone a chance, but I'm not particularly concerned about any fight but the Khabib fight as anybody in the division should be concerned about. If you don't have godlike TDD which nobody at LW has at that level, you better KO him quick which Conor still has the best chance at in the division.

From a boxing fan, Conor made a good account of himself. Saying otherwise is just blind-salty hate. Any other MMA fighter in/around that weight class would have gotten totally embarassed, which Conor was expected to. Instead, he arguably took 5 rounds off of Floyd. Nobody expected that. I think stamina was definitely the killer for Conor in the fight, and when he had the energy, he held his own and even outboxed Floyd at times which was shocking to say the least. He has a good understanding of distance, pretty good timing, and slips the right hand really well. I didn't think he's be able to do that kind of stuff against Floyd, but he did. All this shit about Floyd 'carrying him', 'not trying', 'didn't train' - all excuses. If you know Floyd, you know he trains like an animal and takes every opponent seriously. He was getting caught in the late rounds (round 8 one of Conor's best rounds). I don't think he should have taken the fight, and it doesn't help MMA that their star fighter lost, but you have to give credit where it's due.

From a boxing fan, Conor made a good account of himself. Saying otherwise is just blind-salty hate. Any other MMA fighter in/around that weight class would have gotten totally embarassed, which Conor was expected to. Instead, he arguably took 5 rounds off of Floyd. Nobody expected that. I think stamina was definitely the killer for Conor in the fight, and when he had the energy, he held his own and even outboxed Floyd at times which was shocking to say the least. He has a good understanding of distance, pretty good timing, and slips the right hand really well. I didn't think he's be able to do that kind of stuff against Floyd, but he did. All this shit about Floyd 'carrying him', 'not trying', 'didn't train' - all excuses. If you know Floyd, you know he trains like an animal and takes every opponent seriously. He was getting caught in the late rounds (round 8 one of Conor's best rounds). I don't think he should have taken the fight, and it doesn't help MMA that their star fighter lost, but you have to give credit where it's due.

{<jordan}

I guess Ray Leonard, Mike Tyson, George Foreman, and much of the boxing community's opinions hold no weight. What funnier is that you MMA fans laughing at conor, are laughing at one of the best fighters in your sport - same guy who starched the FW and LW champ.

I guess Ray Leonard, Mike Tyson, George Foreman, and much of the boxing community's opinions hold no weight. What funnier is that you MMA fans laughing at conor, are laughing at one of the best fighters in your sport - same guy who starched the FW and LW champ.

if your expectation was really fucking low and you didnt know Conor (my cousins boxing trainer thought he was a BJJ guy lol), then yeah ... he did fucking well. i knew that he could do the 7/8 or maybe 9 rounds - he did a bit better than expected. he trained his ass off for 100 millions ... well ... even i would do this lol.

Ray leonard is the only one who i would listen, but then again, hes known for that, but yeah :D i give you this <Lmaoo>... hes always friendly (just check his other stuff). the two others were never known for their fight IQ. i love george foreman, but holycrap ... geroge is one of the worst or the worst, when it comes to boxing analysis.

lel moral victory

4rq0qGB.jpg

He did well, but let's not forget Floyd is 40 and was basically putting on a show. If he wanted to coast to a decision without Conor even touching him, I whole heartedly believe he could.

2vhvjer.gif

Floyd could hardly touch Conor clean and consistently when Conor was fresh. Look at Conor slip parry and slip Floyd's entire punching combination like if Floyd was stuck in slow motion. Conor saw that BS coming from a mile away. DENIED!

2eogw0n.gif

Look at this one here. That was that footwork everyone was talking about! Sublime Lomachenko like step around pivot to get the angle on Floyd and force Floyd to turn into him, which as Floyd does, boom, right hook into left straight through the guard

IndelibleAmbitiousFish-size_restricted.gif

Heres Conor slipping another right lead from Floyd and countering with an uppercut to the body

Conor was too fast, too slick, and too skilled and too quick off the counter from range when fresh

AlertJubilantBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

I like the body work

A lot of people are in denial about just how great Conor was doing until rounds 9 and 10 when Conor gassed. Conor was 0-0 competing and winning rounds against a 49-0 Floyd. That's mind blowing. It's mind blowing how skilled of a boxer Conor actually proved himself to be.

Conor's lead hand game+fienting+jabs were legit giving Floyd major issues; off setting Floyd's timing on the counters, keeping Floyd controlled at range, keeping Floyd too pre-occupied in contending with Conor's lead hand probes instead of doing what he wanted to do, and shutting down Floyd's jab hand

People just don't know boxing, especially these MMA fans who hate Conor.

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

showtimes own score cards had the fight 4-4 for Conor heading Into the 9th

7c89a98da674e809daf9ed50e5a11029.gif

Not to mention this body shot at the start of the 9th which had Floyd badly rocked to the lower left gut. Purely legal. No where near the balls. (Ref stepped in and saved Floyd. Blatant corruption)

Conor had the entire deck stacked against him in corrupt boxing and still held his own.

Not only almost got the finish before the ref saved Floyd, but If Conor doesn't gas and makes it to a decision then we are talking about a close controversial decision now

(where even showtime had it 4-4 for Conor before Conor gassed)

Despite the fact judges were already getting ready to rob Conor on score cards there would've been public outrage

You would think MMA fans would have celebrated a 0-0 Conor doing that well against a 49-0 all time great boxer and proving that the best in UFC can hang with the best in boxiing.

yet Conor's haters on sherdog would rather become cuckholds to boxing then give Conor any credit. Conor haters aren't true fans of MMA

F the haters. Let us appreciate just how spectacular Conor's performance was at 0-0 against a 49-0 all time great. Let us celebrate Conor's skills. War mother fucking Conor aka the REAL MATRIX counter puncher in the UFC aka THE BEST BOXER in MMA history aka the greatest defensive based counter puncher MMA has ever seen

converted.gif
damn this is a great post

Seeing those moments and saying "he went Lomachenko on that ass", is like comparing a child's finger painting and saying "he went van Gogh on that canvas".

These snowflakes that want to give Conor a participation award are the funniest fucking thing on the net. He got beat silly but "he did well" ? Get that pussy shit out of here.

These snowflakes that want to give Conor a participation award are the funniest fucking thing on the net. He got beat silly but "he did well" ? Get that pussy shit out of here.

He didn't even get dropped and went 10 rounds with the best boxer of his generation. Fact!

Even George Foreman said he was shocked with how good he was so boxing is literally shook!

He's the best MMA fighter of all time at FW and LW and the best MMA fighter to ever box.

Deal with it!

He didn't even get dropped and went 10 rounds with the best boxer of his generation. Fact!

Even George Foreman said he was shocked with how good he was so boxing is literally shook!

He's the best MMA fighter of all time at FW and LW and the best MMA fighter to ever box.

Deal with it!

the best mma fighter of all time? he has yet to defend anything. he's won two of his last 3 fights.. Thats the best?

and boxing. floyd carried him lol. give your head a shake boy.

Sorry, but "he did well" is pussy talk. People either win or lose. Only total pansies would except "I tried my best" or similar bullshit.

Grow a pair.

the best mma fighter of all time? he has yet to defend anything. he's won two of his last 3 fights.. Thats the best?

and boxing. floyd carried him lol. give your head a shake boy.

He retired Floyd! Fact!

He beat the longest reigning FW champion with one shot then annihilated the LW champion. He's the greatest FW/LW fighter of all time.

Conor bless!

He retired Floyd! Fact!

He beat the longest reigning FW champion with one shot then annihilated the LW champion. He's the greatest FW/LW fighter of all time.

Conor bless!

YAWN. you know, you should do what the rest of your crew did, and disappear for a little while.

Boxers don't have particularly goot foot-eye coordination. Conor and most MMA fighters that aren't wrestlers do.

The difference comes down to technique and repetitions. When you've boxed properly your whole life, you aren't just moving on instinct like Conor is. You're moving off experience and good technique. This is going to create moments of hesitation where your body isn't going to be in sync no matter how good your motor skills are.

Conor doesn't know proper defensive boxing techniques and footwork, and doesn't have the repetitions with them either. A good portion of that stuff is ineffective in MMA, and the rest of it is largely not needed just off the fact that MMA boxers are not on a very high level. Conor has most certainly ran into this complacency issue, combined with the fact his camp knows very little about boxing.

He's also at a point in time of his life where he has picked up so many bad habits it's going to be very difficult to wash without a lot of time making the proper conceited effort.

This is why the sports really shouldn't mix unless the person is fully committed to leaving their current sport and putting in the work in the other. Not only do you have to learn so much more, but and what is more difficult is that you have to unlearn so much as well.
Goofball doesnt know shit about fighting.

Back