Gifs: Conor Matrix Dodging Floyd + Conor Going "Lomachenko" On That A$$

Connor is a amazing Mma fighter but has no shot in hell to make it in boxing even toy belts
I still like to se him fight pauli m or Aldo in a straight boxing fight

I mainly agree with you aside from two points you made. It is a very different kind of footwork and range management which created that hesitation you mentioned, spot on. His coach from his old boxing gym mentioned there were habit about his stance and footwork that they could never get him to break. All and all you make great points.

However, as far as foot eye coordination goes, I do believe that boxers actually do have fairly good F.E.C but there is a focus on minute movements and subtle shifts in weight. For the more mobile Mayweather/Sugar Ray/Ali types their F.E.C is more prominent.

As for boxing footwork in MMA, I absolutely believe that defensive boxing can do wonders in MMA if integrated into a solid wrestling basis. Garbrant and Stipe use very simple but effective boxing footwork to open more angle of attack and evade strikes. Going 100% into it would be foolish of course but if applied wisely could become a useful weapon.

Still, like I said, I agree with you and appreciate your input on this.

Yeah, some people can never grasp things no matter what, but part of this is mindset and youth as well. That's a big reason defense is so hard to master. You've got to almost fall in love with it, and a lot of young fighters especially balk at the idea of anything not offensive-minded. That mentality seems to follow Conor through adulthood though. He seems to hard-headed and set in his ways to truly develop into the fighter he could be.

There's definitely some things that can be implemented in MMA though and already are. Boxing has widely been put aside in the development of MMA because other things are more important, but now that we've developed and gotten down the more important martial arts so to speak, we can really start focusing on absorbing more of what parts of boxing works in MMa.

I think this will probably be the last major change in form in MMA. The final frontier to developing the complete and perfect fighter. I think at that point MMA will absorb a larger part of the boxing world that can better identify with these guys. and go from a niche sport to a respected major sport.

His reaction time is very good, he sees the punches coming, but in this fight and a few times in his other fights he just doesn't move the right way. It's not a diss on him, it's just weird.

Like, he understands the distance, he has the timing down, but his eyes don't always sync up to his feet. I think that's part of the reason why he's as hittable as he is.

It's a shame. If his defense was polished, he'd be exponentially better. Still he did fine things considered. Had a lot of flaws in his performance but did certain things right that I really thought he wouldn't.
You are delusional and have no idea what you're talking about

Conor was slipping so many of Floyd's right leads it was ridiculous

You will be hard pressed to even find that many clean shots that Floyd landed from rounds 1 to round 5...

And only even slightly more from rounds 5 to round 8....

In fact Floyd didn't even start hitting Conor consistently with any kind of cleaness until the mid point of round 9 when Conor was already badly gassed

I just love when coach potatoes who don't know anything try to discredit Conor's insane defensive skill and defensive counter punching skill

NHafz2v.gif

giphy.gif

SoftGleefulCottontail.gif

vskw2s.gif

And again thats not to mention the very gif in the OP of Conor at 0-0 MATRIX DODGING a 49-0 Floyd IN BOXING

And again thats not to mention all the right leads Conor was slipping from Floyd with ease

Conor has impeccable defense, and only ever even gets hit when tired

Last edited:
You are delusional and have no idea what you're talking about

Conor was slipping so many of Floyd's right leads it was ridiculous

You will be hard pressed to even find that many clean shots that Floyd landed from rounds 1 to round 5...

And only even slightly more from rounds 5 to round 8....

In fact Floyd didn't even start hitting Conor consistently with any kind of cleaness until the mid point of round 9 when Conor was already badly gassed

I just love when coach potatoes who don't know anything try to discredit Conor's insane defensive skill and defensive counter punching skill

NHafz2v.gif

giphy.gif

SoftGleefulCottontail.gif

vskw2s.gif

And again thats Not to mention the very gif in the OP of Conor at 0-0 MATRIX DODGING a 49-0 Floyd IN BOXING

And again thats Not to mention all the right leads Conor was slipping from from Floyd with ease

Conor has impeccable defense, and only ever even gets hit when tired
Dude I'm not going to have a conversation with you about this because you don't want one. You want me to pretend like Conor is flawless and made no mistakes in that fight. That's not going to happen.

If you can't take criticism of Conor then just leave me alone. I have always praised him for his skill but his defense has always been spotty. I just got through with speaking to @NotoriousMillions about it and we had civil discussion about the issues with his style, what caused him to lose, and what he can do to improve.

Learn the difference between hating on a fighter and being real about their flaws and hoping that they improve.

And btw Conor is NOT a defensive counter puncher! You have no idea what you are talking about. His entire style is about baiting out sloppy strikes with aggressive striking from the outside. He has built his career on pressuring fighters with explosiveness and relentless counters. For you to call him a defensive counter punch shows that you will say anything so long as it fits your narrative.

Now if you'll excuse me I intend on continuing actual, logical debates with people who care about the sport and not just the fighter.

Some more gifs of Conor "going Lomachenko"

turn28cb9.gif
I laughed out loud at that second moment in the fight. Conor's expression says it all LOL.
You can't prepare for his movement.
Hahaha. Excellent post :D

Look at this pathetic hate circle jerk.

So delusional. So blinded by hate.

Do you realize that that gif you trolls posted was from ROUND 7?

THIS GIF HERE HAPPENED IN ROUND 8
2eogw0n.gif

Conor went Lomachenko on Floyd in round 8

That means Conor MADE THE ADJUSTEMENT on his angle shifts within 1 round,

Conor tried to switch, confuse then step to a blind spot towards Floyd's right side, and instead got timed (round 7)

Within just 1 round Conor makes the adjustment, stops the switching, and pivots towards Floyd's leadhand to force Floyd to turn into him, and open him up for that right hook to disrupt the guard for the left straight to smash through

Conor should've used that pivot step around to right hook to the body though (then fire up top)

So that's EVEN MORE IMPRESSIVE Of Conor

In actuality, thank you for posting a gif that makes Conor look even MORE IMPRESSIVE,

That shows how Conor was the real computer downloading data making reads and MAKING ADJUSTMENTS to Floyd all within rounds

And Conor was doing that at 0-0 against 49-0

Gosh dang Conor is amazing

That was that real Lomachenko footwork in round 8.

Conor went Lomachenko on that slow stuck in the mud black ass

And your gif from round 7 makes that Lomachenko step around from Conor in round 8 EVEN MORE IMPRESSIVE..because it shows Conor MADE THE AJDUTEMENT in just 1 round

It's a shame Conor gassed in round 9 though. If Conor has the gas he wins a decision over Floyd. Even showtime had it 4-4 for Conor heading into the 9th.

I bet that you Conor haters went on your knees and thanked God that Floyd was able to end up getting a controversial ref stoppage over Conor...because for a moment you deluded noob haters were panicking inside that Conor was actually winning and that the fight was on its way to a controversial decision...

How pathetic, you haters are willingly becoming cuckholds to boxing just to hate on Conor...and im the real boxing fan...you Conor haters don't even know shit about boxing...all you know is to hate on Conor...and you will never give him any credit no matter what

Last edited:
Connor is a amazing Mma fighter but has no shot in hell to make it in boxing even toy belts
I still like to se him fight pauli m or Aldo in a straight boxing fight
I was actually starting to think you werent an idiot until you said Aldo

(just thought you were perhaps misguided or ignorant because there are a ton of "champs" at 140 and 147 in boxing that Conor could beat in boxing)...

but then you said Aldo...and its like nope....youre done...cant take you serious anymore....Lmao at Aldo....

Aldo would get killed even worse in straight boxing by Conor. Conor used his boxing skill to humilate Aldo....

In straight boxing where theres no threat of Aldo's kicks....LOL MURDER...even though Conor already MURDERED Aldo in pure stand up with his hands.

Let it go. Aldo will never be on Conor's level. You saw how each did against Holloway too. Conor is the BEST striker/boxer/counter puncher in MMA history period, by miles

Last edited:
Yeah, some people can never grasp things no matter what, but part of this is mindset and youth as well. That's a big reason defense is so hard to master. You've got to almost fall in love with it, and a lot of young fighters especially balk at the idea of anything not offensive-minded. That mentality seems to follow Conor through adulthood though. He seems to hard-headed and set in his ways to truly develop into the fighter he could be.

There's definitely some things that can be implemented in MMA though and already are. Boxing has widely been put aside in the development of MMA because other things are more important, but now that we've developed and gotten down the more important martial arts so to speak, we can really start focusing on absorbing more of what parts of boxing works in MMa.

I think this will probably be the last major change in form in MMA. The final frontier to developing the complete and perfect fighter. I think at that point MMA will absorb a larger part of the boxing world that can better identify with these guys. and go from a niche sport to a respected major sport.
There definitely is a beauty in the calculated aggressiveness he puts forward and the effectiveness is undeniable. However that aggressive all or nothing mentality is as much his weakness as it is his weapon. On one hand it helped him refine those killer counters but in the other it eats away at his gas tank and gives him a tendency to trade off of counter attempt (rarely but it has happened a few times). A very well honed double edged sword. Normally I'd say that he's be fine but LW (or WW for that matter) is no joke. There are very few fighters left that wouldn't present some major challenge for him. Now is as good of a time to evolve (without ruining what works for him) as any.

I am very curious to see if there will be a rise in MMA fighters doing what Joe Duffy did. Just take a year off to dedicate yourself to another craft and widen your arsenal.

Connor McGregor is the Amir Kahn of MMA.

Amir has the speed, power, technique, stamina and annoying interviews. But, he doesn't have a chin.

Connor has the speed, power, technique and annoying interviews. But he has no stamina.

Amit talked a big game but his chin failed him.

Connor talked a big game, but his heart failed him.

Connor is the Amir Khan of MMA and also a fake Bruce Lee

Connor McGregor is the Amir Kahn of MMA.

Amir has the speed, power, technique, stamina and annoying interviews. But, he doesn't have a chin.

Connor has the speed, power, technique and annoying interviews. But he has no stamina.

Amit talked a big game but his chin failed him.

Connor talked a big game, but his heart failed him.

Connor is the Amir Khan of MMA and also a fake Bruce Lee
LOL I will give you a like because this is at least a creative angle and kind of funny post.

At least you give Conor credit. You aren't blinded by reality like most Conor haters here are. I would rather read your posts then the straight up delusional posts from the more hardcore deluded Conor haters on here

Cheers

Conor went Lomachenko is a new legit meme
Haha. It's bad ass right? And it's true.

That step around pivot was straight out of a Lomachenko fight. Conor is from the Matrix too: )

All though Conor didn't take full advantage of the slide/pviot, because when Conor forced Floyd to turn to him, that would have been perfect for Conor to swing a right hook to the body right there as Floyd turned into it. Would have hurt Floyd bad. Then fire up top.

That's a classic move..step around and hook the body. .Conor stepped around toward Floyd's lead hand and hooked up top. Was brilliant but swinging a hook to the body off that pivot would have probably put Floyd down

Conor..... Throw..... A right hook?

{<huh}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}<{MingNope}>
Except for that he threw a right hook up top.

Like are you blind? Or just another deluded Conor hater who ignores all reality?

You Conor haters either don't watch his fights, watch while drunk or have no idea what you're watching

Look through out this very thread for numerous examples of Conor throwing right hooks

I will even post this for you

Oh you mean that limp wristed slap?

<{outtahere}><36>
I'm sure you can throw much better. Video yourself sparring and landing right hooks with better tech. Don't be a pussy. Back up your tough guy troll act on the internet.

You Conor haters are straight up psychopathic delusional. You need a reality check.

Hint: you wouldn't even get by me in sparring

And that still doesn't take away from the fact you claimed Conor doesn't throw right hooks and I definitively proved you dead wrong

But you being the nut job Conor hater you are, you will never let reality and facts get in your way.

Gotta love these basement dwelling virgin loser trolls on sherdog trying to discredit Conor's technique. Pathetic

Conor had his moments and has nothing to be ashamed of but he got his ass kicked

Back