Gif of Cain almost hitting his head on concrete while doing a flip into a swimming pool

Smart move. Training in water doesn't have the same muscle tension as in the gym. ;)

Well I'm not going to bash him for not walking around in bubble wrap.

True shitty dad story, totally irrelevant.

We live in Las Vegas so like most we have a pool, and my kids learned to swim when they were 3. Which means they were doing flips by the time they were 5. My youngest mastered the backflip and that's all he would do last summer off our stone deck, which is about 3 feet about the water. I just happened to go out there with him one day and egged him on to do another one. As soon as he jumped I could tell he wasn't far enough out, and CRACK, hit his head right on the corner of the sandstone. I jumped in after him and he came up screaming but no blood as far as I could see. Then he turned around and his head was split almost from ear to ear, skull visible. I managed to not pass out and get him to the hospital, where they stapled him shut. But I'm pretty sure he won't ever do a back flip again.

True shitty dad story, totally irrelevant.

We live in Las Vegas so like most we have a pool, and my kids learned to swim when they were 3. Which means they were doing flips by the time they were 5. My youngest mastered the backflip and that's all he would do last summer off our stone deck, which is about 3 feet about the water. I just happened to go out there with him one day and egged him on to do another one. As soon as he jumped I could tell he wasn't far enough out, and CRACK, hit his head right on the corner of the sandstone. I jumped in after him and he came up screaming but no blood as far as I could see. Then he turned around and his head was split almost from ear to ear, skull visible. I managed to not pass out and get him to the hospital, where they stapled him shut. But I'm pretty sure he won't ever do a back flip again.
Ah man, that makes me sick just hearing about it man, all jokes aside glad he's ok.

He was like a foot and a half away from hitting his head.

But yeah...it was probably enough to put him out for six to eight months.

In!

(And forevermore my "in" gif.)

03bfd0a7-3c85-48fb-82e7-a7f0588d1980.gif

Back