[GIF] Dodson out-speeding Munhoz

tenor.gif

Munhoz ain't bad either, was on 4 fight winstreak with victory over Rob Font and split decision loss to Jimmie Rivera before that

He ran circles around this guy whole fight beside 3rd round

I know Dodson won, but there were moments in that fight were he gave himself big openings to attack but hesitated.

His speed gave Munhoz big problems, but Dodson didn't seem to realize.

Mark Munoz was over 250lbs

Pillow fists.

<{hughesimpress}>
The dude has pretty heavy hands for the lower weight classes. He has just been a bit gunshy on his bigger openings and hasn't been sitting down on his shots.

the jab and dash...Man his fights used to be exciting and now I only watch dodson fights in hopes hes knocked out cold. That fight was garbage and it was dodsons fault.

He outsped Mighty Mouse too, he just couldn't maintain it over 5 rounds

Dodson is fast as fuck

He's always been a little speed demon.

the jab and dash...Man his fights used to be exciting and now I only watch dodson fights in hopes hes knocked out cold. That fight was garbage and it was dodsons fault.
I didn't find it to be garbage, it just wasn't a crazy brawl.
I think the two split decisions and Mighty Mouse fights just fucked with his head. He dropped two really close decisions to Moraes and Lineker and then got completely outclassed by Mighty Mouse. He just adapted his style to get back in the win column.

dodson is a guy who seems like he could never be able to balance a fight gameplan with the sort of aggressiveness needed to rack up KOs. dodson used to show an aggressive approach but now it seems like he overthinks how the fight will go and is much more willing to circle and implement whatever Jackson Winklejohn gameplan his team came up with. nothing wrong with sticking to your gameplan but you've gotta learn how to balance it while being aggressive and not afraid to throw during the fight. dodson early in his career was able to show this sort of aggressiveness but not so much anymore, thus why he's been losing razor close split decisions

It was a Ferrari vs a pickup truck out there for sure.

But Dobson was gassing from the constant pressure Munhoz was putting on him. That shit is hard to keep up all night.

Back