[GIF] Barao's Killer Kick

someones soon gonna open a thread discussing whos better.. aldo or barao

Wineland was done, even though he didn't go lights out, he turtled up and Bar

This gif seals the deal. The Barao's heel connects in Wineland's face and after it slips through his right side while the sole of the foot pushes the "blocking" hand. The kick was not really blocked.
It also shows that it didn't really hit his face either. Since it was more of a side kick (vs hook), the vast majority of the impact force got deflected from the side of the head to the trap. Wineland was also ducking down so the heel actually hit the top of the jaw (at the articulation), way less prone to KO.

When did Barao NOT finish an opponent after grabbing his back, tell me ?
Barao's ground game is 20years ahead of Wineland's and he had 4minutes to work, but i doubt he wouldn't get the sub 20secs after that...
You can argue that it was an early stoppage, but to argue that Wineland wasn't getting finished right there is just being naive.

Sounds like you're saying Renan got the back so it's as good as done. If that justifies the early stoppage, all of BJ Penn's fights should be stopped the split second he takes the back. Don't even give his opponents a chance to fight out of it. Also, Weidman shouldn't have entered the cage against Anderson Silva at 162 because he already lost before it began. Seriously flawed logic.

Kongo wasn't called out then KO'd Barry. Mir wasn't TKO'd by Big Nog, then subbed Big Nog.

yeah that was a nice kick, and right stoppage

Meh. It wasn't that clean of a hit and the stoppage was horrible.

Who cares about the kick? It's all about his victory dance LOL.

Seeing clear differing opinions on Sherdog makes me think some people are perpetually drunk or stoned, or only watch UFC on grainy blocky internet video streams where the resolution is so low they can't tell what's what. Even with the Phantom Cam slo mo video, you can see the kick hit Eddie's wrist and didn't impact his face enough for a KO.

Seeing clear differing opinions on Sherdog makes me think some people are perpetually drunk or stoned, or only watch UFC on grainy blocky internet video streams where the resolution is so low they can't tell what's what. Even with the Phantom Cam slo mo video, you can see the kick hit Eddie's wrist and didn't impact his face enough for a KO.

No one has ever given a shit about Wineland. It's pretty sad. That's why they aren't making a big deal about the stoppage/result.

No one has ever given a shit about Wineland. It's pretty sad. That's why they aren't making a big deal about the stoppage/result.

I never followed Eddie Wineland either in WEC, but caught a few of his UFC fights and saw he can land some solid punches and can empathize with him getting screwed out of his title shot chance by crap ref early stoppage. It's not just that. He may have gone on to put on a great challenge for Renan on the feet, but the fans weren't given a chance to watch what could have been.

Who cares about the kick? It's all about his victory dance LOL.

method=get&s=renan-barao-gif.gif

I never followed Eddie Wineland either in WEC, but caught a few of his UFC fights and saw he can land some solid punches and can empathize with him getting screwed out of his title shot chance by crap ref early stoppage. It's not just that. He may have gone on to put on a great challenge for Renan on the feet, but the fans weren't given a chance to watch what could have been.

Yeah, it seemed like he was frustrating Barao a bit until the lame stoppage. Hopefully he climbs back up the ladder.

I do not like Lavigne as a referee, he is not very good in my opinion

not saying he's good either, just saying that i don't think this decision is that bad to result in hate/abuse towards him

Back