(GIF) Anderson Silva executes the switch on Nate Marquardt

This is the most retarded argument ever. Everyone always trying to say steroids didn't help someone land a headkick or choke someone out or whatever it may be.

Well guess what, although the specific technique may not have been learned from steroids the fighter executes it after a camp where they have been able to train harder and longer than others, recover from injuries faster and one of the most important ones have a mental edge , which they were obviously lacking before the juice or they wouldn't need it. If you don't think steroids are a huge advantage in all those areas and more, Get your head out of your ass
According to sherdog experts, he took some magic substance that taught him to do it at the time.

Blatantly using this thread as an excuse to post another beautiful switch:

n8m0l.jpg

Even more impressive than Silva's, in my opinion, considering the opponent Condit pulled it off on. When was the last time you saw GSP get juked like that in a grappling scenario? That's right, never.

For sure... Prime Condit was something to behold. One of my favs... That war with GSP is fantastic.. One of the more exciting GSP 5 rounders..

According to sherdog experts, he took some magic substance that taught him to do it at the time.

I'm a huge Silva fan and hope he can somehow fight of father time in his next comeback attempt but taking roids helps you train harder, longer and helps your explosiveness, speed, strength which contribute to pulling moves off like this.

Think TRT Vitor's headkick vs non TRT Vitor's headkick.
Same technique ... but TRT Vitor's will land more often because of it coming out faster.
Also if Non TRT Vitor never used TRT, maybe he never has the energy to learn that kick in the first place.

Not saying he was taking at that time. Just saying its silly to just say this is proof he didn't take anything because of how skillful it was.

Either way, I am fine if he took for this fight. Cuz Nate was caught taking stuff anyway just like more than half of Silva's UFC opponents during his reign.

For sure... Prime Condit was something to behold. One of my favs... That war with GSP is fantastic.. One of the more exciting GSP 5 rounders..

It was impressive but its also a tired GSP and he couldn't maintain control and finish.

Silva did this on a fresh Nate, controlled and finished.

Ill say Silva's was more impressive but I can see your argument.

Blatantly using this thread as an excuse to post another beautiful switch:

n8m0l.jpg

Even more impressive than Silva's, in my opinion, considering the opponent Condit pulled it off on. When was the last time you saw GSP get juked like that in a grappling scenario? That's right, never.
GSP was badly hurt from the head kick so no it isn’t more impressive lol

It was impressive but its also a tired GSP and he couldn't maintain control and finish.

Silva did this on a fresh Nate, controlled and finished.

Ill say Silva's was more impressive but I can see your argument.

Doing it against someone like GSP is infinitely more impressive than doing it against Nate who is pretty average when it comes to wrestling.

Condit did everything he could to win that fight, the way he snuck that head kick on Georges was gangster as fuck.

Carlos_Condit_Head_Kicks_Georges_St._Pierre_UFC_154.gif
And Condit is just an above average striker. Imagine what Anderson would’ve done to GSP.

you realize using PED's means you get to train more often than non PED users right?

That combo is such a god damn masterpiece that it can never be posted enough.

If you pay close attention, you can see GSP shifting his weight onto the backfoot as he hops backwards, probably preparing to lunge for a superman punch down the pipe, and... BOOM.

That's a good one to raise! You know your GSP fights, kudos.

For reference:

tumblr_omvwspq3391upwz95o1_400.gif

How about this 2 punch combo by Serra?

Serra-vs-GSP-gif.gif

When steroids are brought up to "tarnish" someone's legacy.

idc.gif

I wish they'd bring them back

How about this 2 punch combo by Serra?

Serra-vs-GSP-gif.gif
Not a grappling scenario like what I was talking about, but juked nonetheless.

Edit: Oops. Thought you quoted the post with Condit's switch sweep.

Well, if we are to compare that combo to the Condit head kick, I would argue that GSP took Serra lightly and was still in the more reckless style era of his career, whereas during the time period when he fought Condit, he approached every fight like he was playing with fire.

Not as impressive in that regard, but still doesn't remove the fact that Serra legitimately holds a victory over GSP and was the one to capitalize on GSP's lackadaisical attitude on the feet. He deserves credit for that.

Last edited:
Not gonna argue greatest or not but he was certainly top 3 and one of my favorite fighters to watch.
Edit-Those right hands are vicious! I heard or read or maybe dreamed that Anderson is a right handed guy who fights southpaw, anyone know if that's legit?

That is correct. He discusses it at length in the book about striking techniques that he wrote.

Back