Gian Villante vs. Sam Alvey set for UFC Fight Night 131 in Utica

Neither of these guys should be in the UFC.

Send 'em to the Chechens in ACB.

Sam Alvey is 9-5 in the UFC. He's not elite, but he's good. He certainly belongs in the UFC. Villante, another long time UFC veteran, is 6-6 over twelve fights. He more or less alternates wins and losses from what I remember. He's much more marginal than Alvey imo, but frankly, LHW needs warm bodies.

Good grief. Imagine Sam Alvey beats Villante and then beats someone like Shogun.
He'll be a LHW contender.

Sam Alvey is awesome. He stays active, picks up short notice fights and has a great attitude. He also has pretty good power and when he went on his streak I really wanted him to get a title shot or close. He is a donald cerrone type. War Alvey.

UFC should make an embedded showing there's bad blood between them, would be hillarious.

The first time I watched Sam Alvey, he had this painfully boring fight against Nate Marquadt. Luckily I had a friend with me so we talked through the whole fight.
The next three fights, I couldn't even maintain concentration to watch. Sam Alvey has sucked lately.
Then he goes up to light heavyweight where all the brawny talentless thugs reside. Watching him KO that Polish twat Prachnow was so funny and satisfying.
Maybe he's been boring at middleweight since the weight cut has made him gas quick. He could have a resurgence, especially if he fights more of these boneheaded light heavyweights who just stomp forward throwing hay makers.

I hope Alvey KO's Gian. I don't like Villante, I think the only reason he is kept around is cause he's friends with Weidman and kissed Dana's ass on that stupid show Dana does.

giphy.gif

Very possible, Gian leaves huge openings for counters and Alvey's (overly) patient.

I couldn't imagine a worse match-up if I tried.

Good job Sean Shelby.

Two guys who like to bang, this fight could be held in a bathroom stall. Slow paced, sluggn each hook, gassed by rd. 2, not a takedown landed. Can't wait! War Boyz

Fair fight for one another, especially because they're at each other level.
Villante really needs to work on his cardio.

Not a bad fight. Think alvey takes this.
Not a bad fight? lmao, this fight is one of the worst that can be made. I hope for a double ko. If not, it will be painful to watch.

Sam Alvey is 9-5 in the UFC. He's not elite, but he's good. He certainly belongs in the UFC. Villante, another long time UFC veteran, is 6-6 over twelve fights. He more or less alternates wins and losses from what I remember. He's much more marginal than Alvey imo, but frankly, LHW needs warm bodies.

True. Without journeymen like these 2 dudes, any division would basically be the elite on top and untested prospects on the bottom.

Dudes like Circunov have talent and skill, but need tome to develop. Have him fight either one of these dudes, work on his defense and fight IQ, and he may still turn out to be legit.

Sam Alvey is awesome. He stays active, picks up short notice fights and has a great attitude. He also has pretty good power and when he went on his streak I really wanted him to get a title shot or close. He is a donald cerrone type. War Alvey.
Yeah I don't get the dislike for the guy. He's entertaining and active, that's what I like to see.

Yeah I don't get the dislike for the guy. He's entertaining and active, that's what I like to see.
I think the quick hate he was getting was the 3 kinda boring decisions he had in a row. I didnt forget the fights before that though and hes starting to entertain again. Even Anderson Silva had the Maia and Leites fight but people are quick to forget after another nice KO.

Alvey has a reputation of KOing fighters out of nowhere with one punch.

Gian has a reputation of getting KO'd out of nowhere.

Gian is going to sleep

Alvey by KO. Villante is top 5 worst fight IQ in the UFC and the perfect type to get blasted by a counter right

Gian looks good for 2 minutes, gases out, and gets koed. We get the sam smile.

Dude has 9 UFC wins and 5 finishes

Wiki says he is worthy

Yeah his record is solid.

I just get irritated watching him shuffle awkwardly waiting for the opponent to do something. Tough guy no doubt, but his fights remind me of Mir/Cro Cop.

Back