GHOST IN THE SHELL Movie (Water Fight Scene Released; Kuze TV Spot and Poster)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've still not seen the original anime, despite having heard about it many times over the years. I'm trying to figure out if I should watch it first before I go see this movie.

It's stunning bro

tumblr_nazuhy7krs1qc3ju8o2_500.gif

JEBptlt.gif

This probably would have been better suited for Gal Gadot, considering the flak she got for Wonder Woman. But I think Hellboy was on the money saying Olivia Wilde.
Gadot got the legs but shes... too Israeli? Wilde would have the look, maybe a tad too old looking in the face. She woulda had ppl sayin it was too similar to her Tron look tho.

Anyone starting to get annoyed by this generation of trailers copy pasted sound editing.. every 10 or so years they have something that every trailer kinda fallows and I'm thinking it's time for a change for this one too.

Gadot got the legs but shes... too Israeli? Wilde would have the look, maybe a tad too old looking in the face. She woulda had ppl sayin it was too similar to her Tron look tho.
That's true, but considering that character design was gold but the film went wood I would have loved to have seen Wilde in this role to make-up a little justice for her previous incarnation. Kind of like how Charlize Theron's Furiosa made up for AEON FLUX, which had not excuse to be so terrible and forgettable. While I'm not much for fidelity in adaptation casting as it is, I doubly don't care that Kusunagi is portrayed by non-Asians. After MAN MACHINE INTERFACE, Kusanagi's got multiple bodies to ogle. I get that some people might pick up on the notion society prefers its shit White-washed, but I think that's more sensitivity that rationality.

maxresdefault.jpg

Scarlet's definitely got the chops to play the role, but I fear she's working against preconceived notions of her pre-maternal body. Essentially, I think most people are disappointed when they don't see that girl on the Golden Globes red carpet in the red dress every single time.

That's true, but considering that character design was gold but the film went wood I would have loved to have seen Wilde in this role to make-up a little justice for her previous incarnation. Kind of like how Charlize Theron's Furiosa made up for AEON FLUX, which had not excuse to be so terrible and forgettable. While I'm not much for fidelity in adaptation casting as it is, I doubly don't care that Kusunagi is portrayed by non-Asians. After MAN MACHINE INTERFACE, Kusanagi's got multiple bodies to ogle. I get that some people might pick up on the notion society prefers its shit White-washed, but I think that's more sensitivity that rationality.

maxresdefault.jpg

Scarlet's definitely got the chops to play the role, but I fear she's working against preconceived notions of her pre-maternal body. Essentially, I think most people are disappointed when they don't see that girl on the Golden Globes red carpet in the red dress every single time.
Dem globes..
But yea it's more that shes 5'2. Her body works for a movie like Lucy where a normal girl becomes superpowered, but it looks a little weird when an advanced combat cyborg is so stout. Did the manufacturers run out of funds or something? You know if a bunch of nerds and scientists were creating a fembot that shit would be built like Adriana Lima

Adriana+Lima+Celebrating+Haitian+Heroes+St+mknBVGtMSOml.jpg

adriana_lima_009.jpg

I've still not seen the original anime, despite having heard about it many times over the years. I'm trying to figure out if I should watch it first before I go see this movie.
Yeah, you should definitely watch the GiTS anime movie... after watching the live-action movie.

I just have this general rule to not read/watch the source material before watching a movie/tv adaptation.

Yeah, you should definitely watch the GiTS anime movie... after watching the live-action movie.

I just have this general rule to not read/watch the source material before watching a movie/tv adaptation.

I think that's the way I'm leaning actually. For better or worse, I'm feeling like the movie needs to be my introduction to the material. I want all the spills and thrills to come at me for the first time.

Then we'll loop back around to the anime.

I've been wondering the same. I think I've decided to watch the real movie first then the anime.

Im probably the only one who didnt like the anime. I never really liked the series tbh. The visuals are great but the story bores me to tears. I would love an Akira, Battle Angel and Ninja Scroll live action movie.

Im probably the only one who didnt like the anime. I never really liked the series tbh. The visuals are great but the story bores me to tears. I would love an Akira, Battle Angel and Ninja Scroll live action movie.

Live-action Ninja Scroll could be incredible.

maxresdefault.jpg

I thought she looked great in Civil War.

first one is the best. memories.

As Jeremy from CinemaSins would say: "The books don't matter."

Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, X-Files.. all of these shows were clearly ahead of their time. Black Mirror was influenced by these shows for sure.

Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, X-Files.. all of these shows were clearly ahead of their time. Black Mirror was influenced by these shows for sure.

Cowboy Bebop is goat.

Cowboy Bebop is goat.

it's a toss up between Bebop & Berserk for me man. I'll watch Bebop & think it's untouchable. then the very same with Berserk. haha

it's a toss up between Bebop & Berserk for me man. I'll watch Bebop & think it's untouchable. then the very same with Berserk. haha

I don't like waiting 4 years for 2 chapters, if Berserk can overcome the slowness then it is number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back