GGG's chin

No you made up a claim that nobody made in order to easily defeat it and make your position look stronger. That's a strawman.
So in other words I didn't strawman anyones argument. I made a statement which i clarified later. And yes i have seen people try to claim GGG won exchanges because he took shots well.

GGG is a fighting man through and through

Granite chin, Canelo was never going to hurt him

So in other words I didn't strawman anyones argument. I made a statement which i clarified later. And yes i have seen people try to claim GGG won exchanges because he took shots well.

No you made a strawman argument. Perhaps google?

It doesn't look as hard from the front.

Regardless, GGG has an amazing chin.

I don't want to misquote him, but @RR said in another thread something about Danny recognizing he couldn't hurt GGG in round 2 and then their strategy changed.

Danny's a big hitter for 160 (and maybe even 168), so I wonder what the difference in power must have been. I think I saw GGG react more strongly to Jacobs punches than Canelo's. I bet Canelo must have been a bit annoyed that GGG stood right in front of him all night and didn't fade one bit.

I don't want to misquote him, but @RR said in another thread something about Danny recognizing he couldn't hurt GGG in round 2 and then their strategy changed.

Danny's a big hitter for 160 (and maybe even 168), so I wonder what the difference in power must have been. I think I saw GGG react more strongly to Jacobs punches than Canelo's. I bet Canelo must have been a bit annoyed that GGG stood right in front of him all night and didn't fade one bit.

He knew GGG was taking all the power shots clean. That's why in the second half we changed it up putting together combos. GGG has an unreal chin

Canelo was throwing some absolute sleepers. Man, that was a great fight. I knew GGG's chin was good. But at his age, fighters can lose that shit overnight. It was amazing how he just walked through those shots.

I've seen people claim GGG won in part because he took everything canelo landed and kept coming. In essence they seem to want to credit ggg more for taking a good shot then canelo for landing one. Which is not how you score a round. That's what i was referring to.

The majority of us that scored it for GGG did so because he controlled the fight with his jab, pressed the action, executed his game plan (whereas Canelo couldn't impose his gameplan) and landed more shots ultimately. Not because of the nonsense you attributed to us.

The majority of us that scored it for GGG did so because he controlled the fight with his jab, pressed the action, executed his game plan (whereas Canelo couldn't impose his gameplan) and landed more shots ultimately. Not because of the nonsense you attributed to us.
"I've seen people" = he's talking about me. You guys are so sensitive.

"I've seen people" = he's talking about me. You guys are so sensitive.

But what's the point of focussing on such a minority viewpoint? Other than to discredit the narrative that GGG clearly beat Canelo by going after the weakest possible argument for a GGG victory?

But what's the point of focussing on such a minority viewpoint? Other than to discredit the narrative that GGG clearly beat Canelo by going after the weakest possible argument for a GGG victory?
So I'm not allowed to bring up some of the bs opinions I've seen online because not everyone holds them? It exists and I wanted to bring it up. If it doesn't apply to you that's great. Again you are too sensitive.

Back