GGG vs Jacobs PPV buys

Been 100% legit with me. Can confirm.

I paid everyone and the posters go out next week. I legit went to go buy tubes to make sure the post office doesn't fuck them up. Most people would not do that. Trolls aren't going to mess with me either. Appreciate you being a class act.

Been 100% legit with me. Can confirm.

Same. Dude is undoubtedly legit.

Funny that all those random trolls who spent all that time talking shit when the first fight date fell through don't even have the balls to exist here anymore.

Like cockroaches when the light goes on.

I'm a boxing fan too, but let's of be delusional here. Boxing is in a slump right now. That doesn't mean it's going to be this way forever, but there are no big PPV stars right now. I would like to seen Deontay Wilder unify the belts as that would be great for boxing to have an undisputed American HW champ.

Meltzers numbers have been proven to be accurate as he's been the first to release boxing numbers before and they lined up with the official numbers.

Just because you really like something, dosen't mean the rest of the country does, and the ppv numbers reflect that. There hasn't even been a boxing video game made since 2011 as EA abandoned the Fight Night series to make UFC games. Which sucks too, because the FN games are a lot better.

The thing is unlike certain other "combat sports" boxing doesn't need a constant ppv model to survive. That's just not how it works. Boxing is not the UFC/WWE at all. We get amazing fights on a consistent basis that we don't have to pay for. Shobox stuff, HBO after dark matches, PBC and even primetime network fights plus all the random fights on spanish channels and the like. It is a great time to be a boxing fan. You just have to put in the work and keep up with fight schedules.

Luckily a good amount of boxing fans are smart enough to do that and to decide for themselves how good any given fighter is without being spoon-fed hype-jobs and monthly ppv cards full of guys who are more afraid of losing and getting cut from the monopoly than anything else.

I paid everyone and the posters go out next week. I legit went to go buy tubes to make sure the post office doesn't fuck them up. Most people would not do that. Trolls aren't going to mess with me either. Appreciate you being a class act.
Anytime. Least I can do. Likewise. Good luck landing the Canelo fight.
Hoping for Jacobs v. Canelo
and GGG murder of BJS.
Then the winners of both to crown the unified lineal Middleweight champ.
Hope Chavez Jr dont fuck up everyones payday. That would be great to watch for the night but ruins the division for a while. Lol

and GGG murder of BJS.
Hope Chavez Jr dont fuck up everyones payday. That would be great to watch for the night but ruins the division for a while. Lol

{<redford}

We have done pretty well up to this point so I'm optimistic

We negotiated with JJr but ultimately you can't trust him to make weight. He admitted it too. As someone who worked with Joan Guzman I know the feels

and GGG murder of BJS.

I don't think a Chavez win ruins anything. It would be at another non-existent weight class. They would spin it as nothing but a size difference. Plus Canelo might be willing to actually fight decent guys if he loses to a chump like that. I have no doubt GGG and probably Jacobs still jump at the chance to fight Canelo if he lost to Chavez. The most popular fighters seem to be like teflon when they lose. Doesn't stick.

The thing is unlike certain other "combat sports" boxing doesn't need a constant ppv model to survive. That's just not how it works. Boxing is not the UFC/WWE at all. We get amazing fights on a consistent basis that we don't have to pay for. Shobox stuff, HBO after dark matches, PBC and even primetime network fights plus all the random fights on spanish channels and the like. It is a great time to be a boxing fan. You just have to put in the work and keep up with fight schedules.

Luckily a good amount of boxing fans are smart enough to do that and to decide for themselves how good any given fighter is without being spoon-fed hype-jobs and monthly ppv cards full of guys who are more afraid of losing and getting cut from the monopoly than anything else.

The same can be said for mma. There is FS1 and Fox cards that usually get better ratings than the PBC cards that are on the same networks. Bellator on Spike also gets better ratings than PBC on spike

HBO and showtime are their own entity, but the Strikeforce cards always had better ratings than the boxing cards. HBO also cut it's boxing budget to $25 million when it used to be $100 million.

Like I said I'm a boxing fan as well as an mma fan. It just seems like boxing purists go into denial mode when MMA starts to pull ahead a little bit. I'm not a ''boxing is dying'' tard either. Boxing isn't going anywhere ever, but there has been better times. There is also WSOF, Invicta, and AXS TV fights that aren't ppv.

Last edited:
{<redford}

We have done pretty well up to this point so I'm optimistic

We negotiated with JJr but ultimately you can't trust him to make weight. He admitted it too. As someone who worked with Joan Guzman I know the feels
Danny vs Chavez Jr @ 250 Lbs 2 biggest guys in all of sports. Create a new super heavy weight division for them. Hahahah
- Sherdog magic eyes weight logic
I don't think a Chavez win ruins anything. It would be at another non-existent weight class. They would spin it as nothing but a size difference. Plus Canelo might be willing to actually fight decent guys if he loses to a chump like that. I have no doubt GGG and probably Jacobs still jump at the chance to fight Canelo if he lost to Chavez. The most popular fighters seem to be like teflon when they lose. Doesn't stick.
But is the payday the same? Who knows. I wouldnt think so. People are itching to discredit Canelo. Also who knows if a loss could lead to tune up fights instead of risking back to back Ls.
You're right the division would move on. I guess it would just lose some luster for me since I view Canelo as a heavy favorite and high as a fighter in general.

You obviously are new to the internet
You think Michael Jackson would trade his 100m records he sold just for his Thriller album to have 1 billion views?
Don't think he would.
Views aren't shit.

I'll watch a kid eat shit on some stairs on youtube.
I wouldn't pay to see it tho.

That's the difference

Its not a fad. Lol. Totally disagree. I have a friend who does extremely well all on twitter. He isnt even popular. He made more on twitter than his real job for the past 3 years now.
It is a fad.
I'm assuming that his job isn't very good but I mean if MC Hammer can have the biggest song in 1990 and be almost completely irrelevant by 1992 I would say anything's a Fad expecially a girl who has a catch phrase that's not even her phrase from dr. Phil

You think Michael Jackson would trade his 100m records he sold just for his Thriller album to have 1 billion views?
Don't think he would.
Views aren't shit.

I'll watch a kid eat shit on some stairs on youtube.
I wouldn't pay to see it tho.

That's the difference
Lol youtube is social media. When you watch the kid eat shit on stairs on youtube....The uploader of that vid DIRECTLY gets paid by YOUTUBE for it. So you dont have to pay youtube pays as long as if monetized and fits their policy and guidelines.
If somebody got a billion views they would get potentially millions from youtube. Yeah millions aint shit.
Album sales dont work like they use to thats why artist tour more than ever now. Plus they get payed off their veiws online too.

Lol youtube is social media. When you watch the kid eat shit on stairs on youtube....The uploader of that vid DIRECTLY gets paid by YOUTUBE for it. So you dont have to pay youtube pays as long as if monetized and fits their policy and guidelines.
If somebody got a billion views they would get potentially millions from youtube. Yeah millions aint shit.
Album sales dont work like they use to thats why artist tour more than ever now. Plus they get payed off their veiws online too.
Million isn't shit when we're talking hundreds of millions.

What I'm talking about is that it is a Fad. having views on YouTube doesn't mean s*** when you can just click it and watch it now if you're sitting there willing to pay for something that shows your demand for it

It is a fad.
I'm assuming that his job isn't very good but I mean if MC Hammer can have the biggest song in 1990 and be almost completely irrelevant by 1992 I would say anything's a Fad expecially a girl who has a catch phrase that's not even her phrase from dr. Phil
That would be another incorrect assumption on your part he makes good money and has a good job. You see a pattern here? Your assumptions are way off base. Several people have said this now.
You are talking 2 totally different things.
The catch me outside girl may be a fad. But social media is not. Umm hello its been around for over a decade already.
She is a drop in the bucket of all things social media. And she can cash in make millions the whole 1 or 2 years she may be relevant.
These are facts.

Million isn't shit when we're talking hundreds of millions.

What I'm talking about is that it is a Fad. having views on YouTube doesn't mean s*** when you can just click it and watch it now if you're sitting there willing to pay for something that shows your demand for it
Nobody is talking 100 millions. That is something ludicrous you just added to this.
LMAO Millions of $$$ aint shit.... only on sherdog. Thats a ridiculous statement man.
Thats the point of social media its free for both the content provider and the viewer.
So by your logic a hit network TV show aint shit and doesnt pay their actors a million an episode because people can just sit and watch for free.

Danny has a few more fights at 60 and they honestly need to be Canelo or GGG in some form or fashion. Otherwise, it's up to 68. I've said for a while Danny is too big.

I know Danny says he likes being big in the ring and refuses to publically admit it but it slows him down. He has to take off rounds because he's tired.

He had a great camp (one of his best ever) for GGG though.
Hey RR, congratulations for making me eat my words about my prediction for the fight last week, it was a great, close fight.

Thinking about where Jacobs goes from here, a rematch would certainly be justified but given that GGG is looking at unification and then Canelo, it doesn't look like that can happen this year. Also, the mandatory situation is almost set for all 4 orgs and I don't see any fighters risking their shot to fight Jacobs. Even the Canelo fight is a long shot in my eyes so I'm wondering, if Jacobs doesn't get a big fight by September will he be moving to super middleweight? Abel Sanchez seemed to suggest that GGG would soon be vacating the belts, so wouldn't it make sense for him to establish himself at the higher weight, grab a belt and get that rematch at a more favourable weight?

It seems Jacobs really thrives when the big fights are on, like in the Quillin fight before as well, so I hope he can remain active so we can see more performances like we saw last week. I think that if he waits at middleweight there won't be any big fights for him in the next 12 months and nobody wants to see that happen.

Nobody is talking 100 millions. That is something ludicrous you just added to this.
LMAO Millions of $$$ aint shit.... only on sherdog. Thats a ridiculous statement man.
Thats the point of social media its free for both the content provider and the viewer.
So by your logic a hit network TV show aint shit and doesnt pay their actors a million an episode because people can just sit and watch for free.
My example of Michael Jackson is where the $100m line came from.
You guys are overselling "Views". Only a certain amount can get you paid and it really isnt that much compared to a real celebrity.
For some idiot girl in a trailer park, its probably great, until Summer comes, and then some girl milks her self in a Safeway parking lot on video and all of a sudden How Bout Dat just doesn't seem relevant anymore.

If views meant as much as you guys claim it does, then people wouldn't release albums.

Views are good money for the common man, but for a real celebrity. Its laughable.

My example of Michael Jackson is where the $100m line came from.
You guys are overselling "Views". Only a certain amount can get you paid and it really isnt that much compared to a real celebrity.
For some idiot girl in a trailer park, its probably great, until Summer comes, and then some girl milks her self in a Safeway parking lot on video and all of a sudden How Bout Dat just doesn't seem relevant anymore.

If views meant as much as you guys claim it does, then people wouldn't release albums.

Views are good money for the common man, but for a real celebrity. Its laughable.
More facts
-Real Celebrities have social media and get paid to promote stuff all the time
-Real celebrities are moving to You Tube after seeing how much money they can make with limited effort
-Millions of dollars is shit.
-Michael Jackson is a bad random extreme example. No other artist has done what he does. There is no Micheal Jackson of social media lol
How can you compare a multi platinum hit professionally produced album that tskes years to create and has hundreds of people working on it to get it to the public to self produced 30 second-30min clips often shot with a phone....lol of course one will generate more. That was never the issue. Just because somebody has $10 million it doesn't make $1 million "shit."
They still sell albums because they can still make money doing it. They make money with both! They even use social media to boost or promote album sales.

Hey RR, congratulations for making me eat my words about my prediction for the fight last week, it was a great, close fight.

Thinking about where Jacobs goes from here, a rematch would certainly be justified but given that GGG is looking at unification and then Canelo, it doesn't look like that can happen this year. Also, the mandatory situation is almost set for all 4 orgs and I don't see any fighters risking their shot to fight Jacobs. Even the Canelo fight is a long shot in my eyes so I'm wondering, if Jacobs doesn't get a big fight by September will he be moving to super middleweight? Abel Sanchez seemed to suggest that GGG would soon be vacating the belts, so wouldn't it make sense for him to establish himself at the higher weight, grab a belt and get that rematch at a more favourable weight?

It seems Jacobs really thrives when the big fights are on, like in the Quillin fight before as well, so I hope he can remain active so we can see more performances like we saw last week. I think that if he waits at middleweight there won't be any big fights for him in the next 12 months and nobody wants to see that happen.

Appreciate that.

We are at 68 if those don't come to fruition but I think you may be surprised. Everyone said we weren't going to make the GGG fight and I said otherwise. We can make the Canelo fight.

He won't stay inactive. What's weird is we still want Andre as a part of our camp. We fired Virgil but that doesn't reflect on Andre. Media not finding out yet is hilarious. If he chooses to stick with Virgil, that is our move up fight.

Back