GGG vs Jacobs 2016 = Dead

WHO'S MAKING UP LINEAGE? Geez, the boxing fans here are so retarded. Having a lineal title means nothing if the lineage is completely bastardised, does anybody really consider Canelo the man at MW just because he has the lineal title?
You just dont learn do you Tormund?

I can get on board with that

For super cereal why are some of these guys doing this thinking it isn't noticed?

When the lineal champ refuses to fight you and leaves the division, the lineal title should be vacated.

This makes good sense Mr Wand, naturally one of the acolytes of the antithesis would bring about reasonable order to things. The belt should be in limbo harbored in a dimensional domain to be conquered between two young powerful entities of the flesh. The world has never been perfect, so we are going to have to use our common sense in the meantime to bring order to what is witness, and what is to come. However a little chaos gives spunk to the desires of man Mr Wand, embrace it to holistically comprehend all the milieu of your acumen.

these little entities beginning to sprout in this thread is quite a sight, they possess little ability penetrate with vigor. I see one has been vanquished, who dispatched the individual? Looks like i came to late, I wanted to taste...

When the lineal champ refuses to fight you and leaves the division, the lineal title should be vacated.

I agree, but there is usually a time limit in the area of a year on it (I forget the Ring's exact rules on it, but it was something like that). I've said that a fight between Golovkin and Jacobs could be argued as the start of a new lineage (Golovkin and Jacobs being the #1 and #2 MWs), but if Canelo were to return to MW soon and fight some legitimate competition, then it muddies the waters a bit. If Canelo has no business returning anytime soon, then I think the real championship of the MW division should be viewed as vacant.

For super cereal why are some of these guys doing this thinking it isn't noticed?

Because they crave what they do not know, the lost are aimless. Learn from this, and consume....

One funny point about taking lineage over-seriously is that if we strictly go by the man who beat the man at LHW, Andre Ward is the lineal LHW champion of the world.

Michalczewski ---> Erdei ---> Grachev ---> Rodriguez ---> Ward

Lineal titles are and always have been quite screwed up. Right from the time of the Corbett-Sullivan fight.

Canelo is no longer the MW lineal champ because he left the weight class.

Once GGG unifies all the belts, he becomes the start of lineal MW championship

One funny point about taking lineage over-seriously is that if we strictly go by the man who beat the man at LHW, Andre Ward is the lineal LHW champion of the world.

I thought after Erdei it went Pascal -> Hopkins -> Dawson.

edit: wait, I see what you're saying here.

I drew this connection actually, but Erdei retired briefly, thus vacating his lineal LHW title (you missed JCG btw)

Cotto was a middleweight. He beat Sergio Martinez at middleweight, defended the title at middleweight and lost it to Canelo at middleweight.

You can't decide the title is meaningless because you wish your favorite guy was champ instead of someone else.
Dropping back down to JMW let him avoid GGG and have an excuse to save face but it does put the legitimacy of the lineal title somewhat in question. If his moves back up to MW by May I'd probably lean towards recognizing him as lineal but if he continues to fight at JMW I'd support whoever manages to unify the MW titles.

According to Big D, this was Haymon's doing.

He basically said Haymon overpaid (like REALLY overpaid) Danny Jacobs for the Peter Quillin fight.

Naturally, Jacobs is going to want more from a bigger GGG fight. What GGG is offering is fair, but Jacobs has been spoiled and now he thinks he's bigger than he actually is.

He basically said Haymon overpaid (like REALLY overpaid) Danny Jacobs for the Peter Quillin fight.

Naturally, Jacobs is going to want more from a bigger GGG fight. What GGG is offering is fair, but Jacobs has been spoiled and now he thinks he's bigger than he actually is.
@RR you been giving big chode free scoops again?

That's not true. It was supposed to have happened almost a month ago. The trolling happened just recently. There was a long gap between when things weren't happening in the stated time frame and when the trolling started and there was very little/no info shared.
Guy is a brand new father. I'm sure he's quite busy

As a general rule I think Al has overpaid MOST of the PBC gang, to the detriment of the PBC's longevity.

HOWEVER, Quillen vs Jacobs was a huge fight, and I do feel that the money was commensurate with the risk for each fighter, and the importance of the fight.
In fact, in retrospect, Quillen should have asked for more ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back