GGG maybe to face Cotto before rematch

Noraaq

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I dont know how legit this is but it seems there are rumblings of a match with Cotto. Apparently GGG doesnt want to stay inactive until the desired Cinco de Mayo date from Golden Boy camp.

Who do you guys favor in this potential fight?

He would beat cotto at this point. Cotto has earned the right to fight whoever the fuck he wants at this point.

I wonder about this. It would be a huge fight for both men. GGG wants to stay busy, too. It makes sense. Canelo is a 2x a year guy so the May fight can still happen.

I like it.

Cotto gets a name for his last fight. Everyone gets the rematch.

Pass. Would rather see him snag the WBO from that cunt BJS.

If GGG can get BJS in the ring, then that execution needs to take priority, but if Cotto wants a name one last time, that man has the right to make that money.

Not interested. Cotto gets killed.

Fuck that, GBP is looking at Cotto as cannon fodder so Canela can heal his wounds and hope for GGG to slow down

I'd rather see Saunders or Lara step up. But I'd still watch.

I dont know how legit this is but it seems there are rumblings of a match with Cotto. Apparently GGG doesnt want to stay inactive until the desired Cinco de Mayo date from Golden Boy camp.

Who do you guys favor in this potential fight?
Free fight on HBO? I guess so. But id prefer a fast tracked canelo rematch.
If they wont fight again id rather danny jacobs or charlo

The rumblings of a Cotto–Canelo rematch are much greater.

Both fighters are on Golden Boy, and a rematch would sell heavy PPVs.

There's no way Golden Boy allows a Cotto-GGG fight.

Would like to see Golovkin vs. Saunders.
BJS would certainly get him fired up before the fight.

Both are undefeated, it's a unification fight, it makes sense.

Pass. Would rather see him snag the WBO from that cunt BJS.

This. BJS needs punished.

I'd rather see Saunders or Lara step up. But I'd still watch.

This minus Lara.

Would like to see Golovkin vs. Saunders.
BJS would certainly get him fired up before the fight.

Both are undefeated, it's a unification fight, it makes sense.

This. Good point. He'll take an even worse ass beating if BJS talks shit. That makes 4 of us wanting to see Golovkin smash BJS and become Undisputed Champion at Middleweight.

Fuck that, GBP is looking at Cotto as cannon fodder so Canela can heal his wounds and hope for GGG to slow down

Canelo wasn't hurt at any point during this fight. You make it seem like GGG is fresh as a daisy while Canelo needs to recover from some hellacious beating he took. Which he didn't.

Canelo wasn't hurt at any point during this fight. You make it seem like GGG is fresh as a daisy while Canelo needs to recover from some hellacious beating he took. Which he didn't.

No he wasn't hurt, but maybe GBP realized that they didn't quite age GGG out the way they expected. Maybe they're thinking another full year and another fight's worth of mileage would do the trick.

Ya he sure got roughed up lol.

No he wasn't hurt, but maybe GBP realized that they didn't quite age GGG out the way they expected. Maybe they're thinking another full year and another fight's worth of mileage would do the trick.

Could be. I sure hope as well the rematch isn't later than one other fight (one of them by shutting up BJS). You'll hear no argument from me in people being right wanting to have the rematch happen again as soon as possible.

Pretty good chance Golovkin loses if he fights someone with a pulse before the Canelo rematch. He's had two razor close fights in a row. Thats a pretty sure sign of a guy declining.

Pretty good chance Golovkin loses if he fights someone with a pulse before the Canelo rematch. He's had two razor close fights in a row. Thats a pretty sure sign of a guy declining.

What the hell are you talking about Seano? The Golovkin from this past Saturday or from the DJ fight would stomp Cotto out in 9 rounds. What does Cotto expect to do against Golovkin? Golovkin walks him down and breaks him. Same goes for BJS. I hope he fights BJS in the meantime to capture the WBO title.

Back