GGG is huge !!! London face off , Canelo is done !

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
400x225
GGG jab going destroy Canelo , had no idea red head was that short vs GGG

C'mon, I thought Canelo was your man?

GGG's the perfect height for a wicked (legit) body assault.

This is going to be awesome.

Canelo is dressed better. That jacket doesn't really look good on GGG. He should have at least left it unbuttoned seeing as he opted to not go with a tie.

Very disappointing.

Does this mean I can dismiss any success Golovkin has because he's a bigger man?

Anyway, yeah, we know Canelo isn't tall for MW. He's built thick, though, and weighs right around what Golovkin does. Size won't be the reason why this fight is won or lost for either man.

Hell chop Golovkin down with body work so height is irrelevant.

Dam GGG is massive compared to Saul in that pic.

Does this mean I can dismiss any success Golovkin has because he's a bigger man?

Size won't be the reason why this fight is won or lost for either man.

I disagree.

This will be a case of a GOOD Big Man beating a GREAT Smaller Man.

People say Canelo is a big guy that cuts a bunch of weight. This is true. However, GGG has the bigger frame and the way he fights means he will be better able to dictate the range. If he feints and mixes up his leads he gives Canelo a lot of trouble; he wins. If Canelo gets his timing down then it gets real messy for GGG. Ward vs Kovalev II showed that you don't need to be the bigger guy with the power to control the fight.

Canelo is dressed better. That jacket doesn't really look good on GGG. He should have at least left it unbuttoned seeing as he opted to not go with a tie.

Very disappointing.

Looks like he's auditioning for Thurston Howell in the new Gilligan's Island reboot.

howell.jpg

Golovkin's jab can really throw a wrench in Saul's plan. But Lara has a really good jab himself and better movement, and Canelo was still able to find him enough to win.

I'll take bets on this one too. Canelo here.

A certain poster still owes youtube songs. I don't want to make this ugly lol

Golovkin's jab can really throw a wrench in Saul's plan. But Lara has a really good jab himself and better movement, and Canelo was still able to find him enough to win.

GGG uses his jab offensively, going forward. Lara uses his jab defensively, going backwards. The same can be said about their movement. It is not a good comparison, you'd have to compare GGG to more pressure fighters Canelo has faces. GGG has better jab, movement, power, timing, speed, etc than any of those. It is going to be a good fight.

People say Canelo is a big guy that cuts a bunch of weight. This is true. However, GGG has the bigger frame and the way he fights means he will be better able to dictate the range. If he feints and mixes up his leads he gives Canelo a lot of trouble; he wins. If Canelo gets his timing down then it gets real messy for GGG. Ward vs Kovalev II showed that you don't need to be the bigger guy with the power to control the fight.

but canelo alvarez is not andre ward. to make matters even worse sergey kovalev is not gennady golovkin

golovkin has a better jab than sergey, a better uppercut, a better left hook. kovalev has the better overhand right. punch resistance also favors golovkin as he dropped sergey in sparring as well as kov being tkod i the amatuers.

but canelo alvarez is not andre ward. to make matters even worse sergey kovalev is not gennady golovkin

golovkin has a better jab than sergey, a better uppercut, a better left hook. kovalev has the better overhand right. punch resistance also favors golovkin as he dropped sergey in sparring as well as kov being tkod i the amatuers.

Don't lose your money bud. Canelo is going to make it look surprisingly easy

Don't lose your money bud. Canelo is going to make it look surprisingly easy

this will probably be my biggest bet this year even though golovkin could get robbed on the cards.

i believe just the opposite in that gennady will make this look simple. easy to sit back and time guys like smith, khan, trout, angulo and chavez because canelo really didnt have to worry about what was coming back at him in return

the first four or five exchanges, canelo will realize that he is not a mw

he mentoined how hard james kirkland hit and james is not a one punch ko guy.

Last edited:
this will probably be my biggest bet this year even though golovkin could get robbed on the cards.

i believe just the opposite in that gennady will make this look simple. easy to sit back and time guys like smith, khan, trout, angulo and chavez because canelo really didnt have to worry about what was coming back at him in return

the first four or five exchanges, canelo will realize that he is not a mw

he mentoined how hard james kirkland hit and james is not a one punch ko guy.

From what I've seen, Canelo is polished There are too many holes with GGG. Pm what you see though I may be missing.I'm going huge on Canelo

James is sloppy He doesn't know how to fight.

Very disappointing.
1. Canelo isn't dressed better. The lapels of his jacket are covering half the collar of his shirt.
2. GGG is wearing a double-breasted suit. You should NEVER unbutton the jacket of a double-breasted suit.
Looks like he's auditioning for Thurston Howell in the new Gilligan's Island reboot.

howell.jpg
The man is this picture is wearing a single-breasted blazer (with what looks like grey flanel pants), not a double-breasted suit jacket.

Last edited:
I can't believe this is finally happening. They're actually standing next to each other with the poster in the bg and everything. Im hard as a diamond rn.

Everyone knows I'm a GGG hugger so I'm hoping he wins this convincingly. Finally gonna happen, should be a great fight.

From what I've seen, Canelo is polished There are too many holes with GGG. Pm what you see though I may be missing.I'm going huge on Canelo

James is sloppy He doesn't know how to fight.

the point im making is that canelo mentioned kirklands power. he wanted to get rounds in with james but had to get him out of there as soon as possible because he claimed kirkland hit too hard.

golovkin hits much, much harder than kirkland and has the punch resistance to go along with it

I think Golovkin having a better jab than Kovalev is very debatable. Golovkin is the better pressure fighter (I wouldn't strictly call Kovalev a pressure fighter) with a better chin and stamina, but boxing from the outside and even from midrange, I think Kovalev is every bit Golovkin's equal and perhaps even his superior. I'd also say Kovalev is the more athletic of the two (in terms of speed, quickness, and fluidity). There are other flaws in Kovalev's game (limited punch selection, questionable conditioning, limited adaptability) that could very well make Golovkin the better fighter, p4p, but Kovalev is really good at certain things.

Back