Getting the crucifix in side control

mcgoatp4p#1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Im always tempted to use one of my free hands to pin the guys arm down and then trap it with my legs, but I usually get swept that way if he has a decent amount of experience. Is that ever advisable, or is it always better to only use only your legs to get into the position?

Well, here Khabib doing in his old combat sambo days

Well, here Khabib doing in his old combat sambo days

What is the key to maintaining top position in this top crucifix? I'm wondering if it would work in pure grappling like no gi bjj, since it seems ideal for gnp.

What is the key to maintaining top position in this top crucifix?
roy_nelson_4.jpg

What is the key to maintaining top position in this top crucifix? I'm wondering if it would work in pure grappling like no gi bjj, since it seems ideal for gnp.

Probably the same keys as side control without the crucifix-- heavy hip pressure, underhooking the head with your top arm when necessary, or underhooking his leg with your other arm. It's the same thing, you're just trapping his arm and maybe you have slightly less mobility/base cuz you're keeping your own legs in one place, but it should be easy to keep control especially cuz he can't frame with his trapped arm

Back