Getting drunk is bad?

IfYoungMetroDoesntTrustU

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Recently went to civil camp where there was free alcohol. I got wasted and now have been tormented from all my peers 24/7. Never until now did I think getting drunk was a bad thing.

Your peers sound like boring losers. Rock on bro!

Getting wasted isn't the same as getting drunk.

Getting wasted at what I assume is a work/school related event is also not the same as getting wasted at a private event or on your own time.

Are you tormented because you got wasted, or because of what you did when you got wasted?

Your civil camp doesn't sound very civil.

Apparently it doesn't even kill brain cells now, it merely slows your nervous system and gives you internal organ damage.

The thing I was most concerned about was the brain damage so that's good news for me.

Cheers bro
<GinJuice>

Edit: how can I get invited to one of these civil camps?

Getting wasted isn't the same as getting drunk.

Getting wasted at what I assume is a work/school related event is also not the same as getting wasted at a private event or on your own time.

It was a party at the end of the night. It was a camp for people doing civil for first year so everyone gets to know each other it was nothing work related.

Apparently it doesn't even kill brain cells now, it merely slows your nervous system and gives you internal organ damage.

The thing I was most concerned about was the brain damage so that's good news for me.

Cheers bro
<GinJuice>

Edit: how can I get invited to one of these civil camps?
Fuck alcohol & cigarette prices in Singapore.

Yes, I'm poor but I've got principles.

<BronTroll1>

If not the 1st, at least it seems you havent drunk often, which is a good thing. Good on you.
What imo is not a good thing is you questioning yourselfe because of what others think of you, and over an insignificant and obvious matter.
But yes, getting drunk can be lots of fun (if/when you can actually remember what happened during), but it can also go very bad and very fast, many times life defining. And i dont need to say if thats a good or a bad thing...

Seriously, what the hell is civil camp?

Single out the weakest one of the group and touch him with teh jab to garner some respect among your peers. If anyone else pipes up its time to start winding up the overhand right.

Do you mean to tell me people doing a civil engineering degree are not party animals? I'm shocked. Also quite pleased given what they do.

Anyway. I'm nearly 50 and i still get the stabbing pangs of embarrassment and sighing attacks the day after a big night. It never ends. But it's a good idea to notice who you can get wrecked with and who you can't.

One life tip. Only get super wasted with good friends. Never ever with folk you dont know, girls you wanna bang, coworkers, family etc. Its a recipe for disaster. Your best friends in the other hand look after you, wont judge, will probably roast you but with good itentions. Also usually they are so fucked up also no one really remebers anything.

Life is too short to worry about what a bunch of squares think about you.

Camp for first years doing civil engineering.
Awesome welcome to the profession.
Do you mean to tell me people doing a civil engineering degree are not party animals? I'm shocked. Also quite pleased given what they do.

Anyway. I'm nearly 50 and i still get the stabbing pangs of embarrassment and sighing attacks the day after a big night. It never ends. But it's a good idea to notice who you can get wrecked with and who you can't.

Thankfully there are many exceptions to this trend. Experience talking.

Back