Gervonta wants Dillashaw

Obligatory death threat from Davis

giphy.gif

TJ's a lot better than Conor and also better conditioned as well. However, Tank has won me over with recent performances. I think he's too much for TJ.

He acted like an idiot on the Mayweather/McGregor undercard while losing a belt on the scales. It was an event that he really could have capitalized on, but instead showed up fat, clearly disinterested, and then proceeded to act like a cunt in the ring. He's still a guy with a ton of potential, but it's potential that could very well piss away.

Didn't he have the flu? fought like it, looked totally different in his subsequent fights.

If I was a boxer taking on a kickboxer I’d condition my legs as much as possible before the fight, and certainly look to check kicks on the front leg. Not sure if mercer or Briggs did that but a couple of hard kicks on a standing leg (if you’re not conditioned) will render that leg useless very quickly. They hurt like fck to start with, I took battering when I first started.
I probably still favour Davis to get it done but from a kickboxers point of view that’s what I’d be looking at doing from the off. Front kicks and leg kicks, and keep it at distance to start with. That’s probably easier said than done with a world class boxer though tj does have good footwork. However a ring is far smaller than an mma cage
I wanna see this fight now!
i remember a couple of years ago talking to riddick bowe before he tried muay thai and he wasnt worried at all. he said "when i was a kid we did all that, but we just called it fighting, not muay thai." obviously it didnt go to well for him. we also had mercer on our show and he talked about getting kicked and not being a fan of it at all

i remember a couple of years ago talking to riddick bowe before he tried muay thai and he wasnt worried at all. he said "when i was a kid we did all that, but we just called it fighting, not muay thai." obviously it didnt go to well for him. we also had mercer on our show and he talked about getting kicked and not being a fan of it at all

WHen I first started I would rather have taken a body or even head kick over leg kicks. And blocking/checking is even worse because you are blocking with your shin. As HHJ stated in this thread its like kicking a lamppost and until your legs become conditioned, it’s fckin horrible. In my experience kick boxing/MT is not nearly as technical or as dangerous, but it’s hurts a lot more

Last edited:
I started late too. I still love kickboxing sparring from time to time,but jesus that sucks. I also had guys doing light oblique kicks to me. Fuck that shit. You get hit w one of those moving forward it can still jack your knee up

Yeah its a young mans game. I've just turned 44 and still train and spar, but I'm carrying so many injuries nowadays. I've got tendon problems in my left elbow, stiffness and pain in my left shoulder, all through boxing. Hip and knee issues also on my left side through kickboxing. Nothing that stops me training, but sparring now is as and when, especially due to my elbow. I had a serious back injury about 6 years ago so I can't run, jump or twist too much, which counts out almost every physical sport. The irony is boxing/kickboxing are the only sports I can do with my back, and actually help with core strength, but everything else is fckin falling apart because of it!

Yeah its a young mans game. I've just turned 44 and still train and spar, but I'm carrying so many injuries nowadays. I've got tendon problems in my left elbow, stiffness and pain in my left shoulder, all through boxing. Hip and knee issues also on my left side through kickboxing. Nothing that stops me training, but sparring now is as and when, especially due to my elbow. I had a serious back injury about 6 years ago so I can't run, jump or twist too much, which counts out almost every physical sport. The irony is boxing/kickboxing are the only sports I can do with my back, and actually help with core strength, but everything else is fckin falling apart because of it!
Im 38,i can still wrestle but my knees are old man knees and i have other old injuries. Tendonitis in left shoulder...Boxing is much easier on the ol joints hahaja kudos to you to keep it going. I dont mind kickboxing still but i broke my arm 4 yrs ago,and dont like getting kicked there.

Riddick Bowe was 46 and couldn't even run sprints.
Terrible call back.
Why not bring up when Tillery tried to kick him in the ring and Bowe knocked him out of it.
Let that Bowe go in to Muay Thai

Back