Gervonta wants Dillashaw

TJ clearly cant live with Davis pure boxing, I think it would definitely help to level the playing field. I started kickboxing about 15 years after boxing and soon realised that you can't take more than a couple of leg kicks unless your legs are conditioned. Id take Davis early but his legs will give up on him if he cant get TJ out of there quickly.
TJ would be out in a few punches.
Davis wins in any field. MMA, Boxing, wrestling, kickboxing, muay thai, etc...

TJ clearly cant live with Davis pure boxing, I think it would definitely help to level the playing field. I started kickboxing about 15 years after boxing and soon realised that you can't take more than a couple of leg kicks unless your legs are conditioned. Id take Davis early but his legs will give up on him if he cant get TJ out of there quickly.
that is possible but i think briggs and mercer showed it is quite possible and Dillashaw is quite talented but he is still not a k-1 level guy.

Last edited:
Davis is very good at chess, for those that dont know
real talk the russian govt revoked there miss because they were just making these old masters look like checkers players in moscow

real talk the russian govt revoked there miss because they were just making these old masters look like checkers players in moscow
rumor has it that Davis routinely beats Kasparov and Broner. Truly a fearsome intellect.

that is possible but i think briggs and mercer showed it is quite possible and Dillashaw is quite talented but he is still not a k-1 level guy.

If I was a boxer taking on a kickboxer I’d condition my legs as much as possible before the fight, and certainly look to check kicks on the front leg. Not sure if mercer or Briggs did that but a couple of hard kicks on a standing leg (if you’re not conditioned) will render that leg useless very quickly. They hurt like fck to start with, I took battering when I first started.
I probably still favour Davis to get it done but from a kickboxers point of view that’s what I’d be looking at doing from the off. Front kicks and leg kicks, and keep it at distance to start with. That’s probably easier said than done with a world class boxer though tj does have good footwork. However a ring is far smaller than an mma cage
I wanna see this fight now!

Last edited:
Urgh I hate when fighters talk trash about opponents they have no intention to actually fight. That applies to boxers V boxers, MMA fighters V MMA fighters, or boxers V MMA fighters.
I dont take offense to it. Mma fans who dont know who Davis is may take note of him now next time he has a fight and vice versa. I know they will never fight but it could benefit both to toss out some intersport trash talk. Who knows what happens in the long run. If he and Loma fight Tj could come in the walkout. Etc

If I was a boxer taking on a kickboxer I’d condition my legs as much as possible before the fight, and certainly look to check kicks on the front leg. Not sure if mercer or Briggs did that but a couple of hard kicks on a standing leg (if you’re not conditioned) will render that leg useless very quickly. They hurt like fck to start with, I took battering when I first started.
I probably still favour Davis to get it done but from a kickboxers point of view that’s what I’d be looking at doing from the off. Front kicks and leg kicks, and keep it at distance to start with. That’s probably easier said than done with a world class boxer though tj does have good footwork. However a ring is far smaller than an mma cage
I wanna see this fight now!
Checking legs takes alot of practice. Nate diaz trained checking the legs against conor because of how bad RDA beat him with leg kicks,a known weakness,that he doesnt check them. In this second fight he checked a couple but after gettung dropped he stopped checking them because it just doesnt come natural to him. It will probably be the same for a first timer getting in there,and just dealing with any kicks at all.

I dont recall any boxers going for a one off in kickboxing or mma checking any kicks.

most ufc fighters dont give a fuck (which is actually very sad.) about leg kicks.

i think it depends, but the first time you get a leg kick, it really hurts.

Is he calling him out for a boxing match or MMA? Either way it's pretty dumb. Stick to your own sport.

boxing is dying, so he wants a mma fight.
Boxing isn't dying. Davis is just Broner 2.0. A good boxer with poor discipline and a bad attitude. He has the talent to be in big fights but will probably be punching someone outside a bowling alley over a few hundred bucks instead.

Boxing isn't dying. Davis is just Broner 2.0. A good boxer with poor discipline and a bad attitude. He has the talent to be in big fights but will probably be punching someone outside a bowling alley over a few hundred bucks instead.

sherdog told me this.

I'm pretty sure MMA wont be around in 10 years.
No one watchs that shit anymore.
Mayweather killed it.

Floyd owns MMA.
6DYnLiC.gif

Sadly, maybe, but I think he is a sharper talent than Broner. Much sharper, really. Doesn't mean he'll do much more, though.

In a boxing ring, Dillashaw is a victim. KTFO. Early.

Back