Gervonta Davis

TheLastSpartan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
...is a douchebag. Posting a video on his Instagram of some kid he's starching in a mismatched sparring session.

Beating up on some rookie who's clearly not in the same league is one thing.

But publicly humiliating him to boot? C'mon bruh...

I lost interest in him after he completely shit the bed on the Mayweather undercard. He actually seems less talented, less intelligent, and less disciplined than Broner to me. That's pretty bad.

The man is a first class prick.

Can’t wait for someone world class to give him a serious beat down.

I lost interest in him after he completely shit the bed on the Mayweather undercard. He actually seems less talented, less intelligent, and less disciplined than Broner to me. That's pretty bad.
does floyd mentor anyone who isn't a massive douche?

davis may have already shown us the best he has...tbh, right now broners career wld be a high for davis..dont think he wins as many titles as adrien

The thing about broner too is he was a monster at sfw and lw. This guy is good. But i agree with everyone else. Hes not that good

...is a douchebag. Posting a video on his Instagram of some kid he's starching in a mismatched sparring session.

Beating up on some rookie who's clearly not in the same league is one thing.

But publicly humiliating him to boot? C'mon bruh...

Well... he looked like a goof when he was struggling with his over matched opponent recently.

People are really surprised a dickhead who is being trained by a dickhead is turning out to be a fucking dickhead??

does floyd mentor anyone who isn't a massive douche?

A good kid who is not a giant douche does not need a mentor who spends half his time at strip clubs. Not that there is anything wrong with it, it's just more attractive to a certain type of person.

For example, Floyd has a relationship with Errol Spence, but I don't think you'll ever see Spence calling Floyd big brother.

A good kid who is not a giant douche does not need a mentor who spends half his time at strip clubs. Not that there is anything wrong with it, it's just more attractive to a certain type of person.

For example, Floyd has a relationship with Errol Spence, but I don't think you'll ever see Spence calling Floyd big brother.
i don't know why, but a retired fighter investing his money in a strip club is just about as big a cliche as you can think of. he likes to portray himself as an intelligent man with a firm grip on his finances, yet his best idea about where to store his money is a titty bar. i know he didn't put it all there, and i'm sure he has advisers who will make sure his earnings are safe, but even entering that business in his position tells you a lot about the level of class the guy has.

true, spence is a good example. but they don't really work together, do they? i thought he had a pretty active role in both broner's and davis' life / career... and both seem completely off the rails.

The guy loves strip clubs. It makes sense to own one.

If you can't indulge yourself with the things you like then why the heck to make lots of money
to begin with?
Not to mention he lives in Vegas, a city made for this kind of businesses.

He does remind me of Broner. He is beating the shit out of guys in his current weight class. But he already missed weight and lost his title, and Like broner his power is not going to carry up when he is fighting guys husband own size. He is short and has short arms, going up a division could be tough for him. He is buying into his hype before actually having any word class wins. He shit the bed in the MayMac co main even slot. Also in the sparring vid he says he is sparring Tevin Farmer, who is a fellow super featherweight top prospect who he has feuded with on social media.
It's not tevin farmer. How about actually fighting him instead of pretending to beat him up on social media.

The guy loves strip clubs. It makes sense to own one.

If you can't indulge yourself with the things you like then why the heck to make lots of money
to begin with?
Not to mention he lives in Vegas, a city made for this kind of businesses.

i'm not saying he shouldn't own one, i'm saying he's a walking example of how you can buy just about anything, but not class.

He does remind me of Broner. He is beating the shit out of guys in his current weight class. But he already missed weight and lost his title, and Like broner his power is not going to carry up when he is fighting guys husband own size. He is short and has short arms, going up a division could be tough for him. He is buying into his hype before actually having any word class wins. He shit the bed in the MayMac co main even slot. Also in the sparring vid he says he is sparring Tevin Farmer, who is a fellow super featherweight top prospect who he has feuded with on social media.
It's not tevin farmer. How about actually fighting him instead of pretending to beat him up on social media.

yeah Famer's legit, very good boxer.

Not much to argue with here aside from the fact that I think he's more talented than Broner. I won't say I've lost interest in him as a fighter as he is talented and might still figure things out, but the fact that he couldn't show up in half decent form for an event as big as Mayweather/McGregor is not encouraging.

Not much to argue with here aside from the fact that I think he's more talented than Broner. I won't say I've lost interest in him as a fighter as he is talented and might still figure things out, but the fact that he couldn't show up in half decent form for an event as big as Mayweather/McGregor is not encouraging.

You have to remember how talented Broner looked when he was fighting at his lightest weight, 135, I agree that Davis looks extremely talented, but he is also at his lightest right now, he has already missed weight and will probably be moving up very soon. I don't know if his power and style will carry with him. The more I think about it, Thisbe guy might end up EXACTLY like broner. I mean he is a hard hitting, pot shotting guy who dwarfs his opponents and doesn't have very good defense, so far, just like Broner, he has been able to kind of just pick off shots coming at him, step in, throw a 2-3 punch combo and just batter the guys he is fighting. He is gonna need more than that, like Broner did, when you move up and are fighting the elite fighters in those divisions.

You have to remember how talented Broner looked when he was fighting at his lightest weight, 135, I agree that Davis looks extremely talented, but he is also at his lightest right now, he has already missed weight and will probably be moving up very soon. I don't know if his power and style will carry with him. The more I think about it, Thisbe guy might end up EXACTLY like broner. I mean he is a hard hitting, pot shotting guy who dwarfs his opponents and doesn't have very good defense, so far, just like Broner, he has been able to kind of just pick off shots coming at him, step in, throw a 2-3 punch combo and just batter the guys he is fighting. He is gonna need more than that, like Broner did, when you move up and are fighting the elite fighters in those divisions.

The big difference is that Davis doesn't dwarf his opponents. He has shitty discipline so he struggled with his weight last time out, but he's not nearly as big as Broner was at SFW and LW. I'd also say that Broner only really ever looked especially talented when he fought DeMarco.

Davis doesn't have the style or size for a long career. we'll have forgotten who he was in 5 years.

Back