Gervonta Davis vs Francisco Fonseca, Andrew Tabiti vs Steve cunningham added to Floyd vs Connor PPV

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Officials today announced the three bouts, including a pair of title bouts with IBF junior-lightweight champion Gervonta Davis (18-0) vs. Francisco Fonseca (19-0-1) in the co-feature slot.

In the main event, UFC lightweight champion McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC) – the card’s lone MMA representative – and undefeated boxing great Mayweather (49-0 boxing) face off on Aug. 26 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The 12-round super-welterweight boxing match tops a pay-per-view event that’s expected to be the most lucrative prize fight in combat-sports history.

The PPV broadcast – one that comes with a hefty $100 price tag – also includes these bouts:

• Champ Gervonta Davis (18-0) vs. Francisco Fonseca (19-0-1) – for IBF junior lightweight world Championship
  • Champ Nathan Cleverly (30-3) vs. Badou Jack (21-1-2) – for WBA light heavyweight world Championship
  • Andrew Tabiti(14-0) vs. Steve Cunningham (29-8-1) – for vacant USBA cruiserweight title
“What a night this will be for fight fans,” Leonard Ellerbe, CEO of Mayweather Promotions, said in a statement. “Not only will they witness a first-of-its-kind main event, but they will also see two incredible world title fights, as Mayweather Promotions’ very own current and former world champions go head-to-head in separate bouts.

“Gervonta Davis is nothing short of pure boxing talent with dynamite power. Former super middleweight world champion Badou Jack is making his light heavyweight debut, and looking to take the title away from a tough and experienced Nathan Cleverly. But first, Andrew ‘The Beast’ Tabiti will open the pay-per-view telecast with what I expect to be a magnificent performance.”

UPDATE: Officials also have announced two televised preliminary fights that will air on FOX and FOX Deportes beginning at 7 p.m. ET. They are:

Both bouts are scheduled for 10 rounds. The featured prelim pits a former champion and top welterweight contender in Porter against a former title challenger in Dulorme. Heraldez-Borrego is a battle of unbeaten super lightweight prospects.

“The fans are in for a show,” Ellerbe said in a statement. “Not only do we have an amazing lineup of fights on our PPV telecast, we have a stacked undercard and plan to give the fans more. More fights, more access. We plan to get the fans’ excitement brewing with matchups like Dulorme vs. Porter and Heraldez vs. Borrego all on network TV. These are some even matchups, and we are happy to have FOX and FOX Deportes on board to showcase this talent ahead of the grand finale that is Mayweather vs. McGregor.”

Isn't the best win the guy nobody had heard of beating PAC man?

Lol, wrong thread, meant to be in the best performance thread.

OMG, this card is STACKED and JUICY!

tumblr_mrxah3oV6N1sgr493o1_500.gif

Nice love me some Tank, he impressed me in his last outing lets hope that trend continues.
still would not pay money for May vs Macdonalds

OMG, this card is STACKED and JUICY!

tumblr_mrxah3oV6N1sgr493o1_500.gif

What do you think about Al's/Mayweather's choice of opponent for Tank? Fonseca is ranked #50 in the division. His opponent was initially supposed to be Salido but that didn't work out and then it was supposed to be Roman Martinez who hasn't fought in over a year since Loma knocked him out. Now he's fighting a Costa Rican that isn't even world level. Jeff Mayweather has never heard of Fonseca, have you? lol

What do you think about Al's/Mayweather's choice of opponent for Tank? Fonseca is ranked #50 in the division. His opponent was initially supposed to be Salido but that didn't work out and then it was supposed to be Roman Martinez who hasn't fought in over a year since Loma knocked him out. Now he's fighting a Costa Rican that isn't even world level. Jeff Mayweather has never heard of Fonseca, have you? lol
Its a showcase fight. They want that kid to knock people out while UFC fans are watching. The only fight I really like is Cleverly/Jack.

I do believe I have seen Fonseca fight before but I don't remember him at all.

Back