Gervonta "Broner Jr." Davis weighs in at 132, stripped of IBF belt

Time to move up to 135. Lots of good fights there for him.

I knew he was killing himself to make 130 but didn't think he'd miss weight. Too much party life style with Floyd I think. He was seen at Floyd's strip club and in between fights he blows up.

That's not a good look. He doesn't really have the body or style that I see translating all that well above 140, either.

That's not a good look. He doesn't really have the body or style that I see translating all that well above 140, either.

Not a great thing before a show as big as this, that's for sure.

Man, am I getting old (answer is yes regardless) or is this much more common over the last 5 years or so?

Man, am I getting old (answer is yes regardless) or is this much more common over the last 5 years or so?
I don't remember this happening watching as a kid, but I'm not as ancient as you.

Keep in mind that Tank had to weigh in twice against Liam Walsh. He missed weight on the first attempt. This is obviously a problem for him and he needs to move up to 135.

Hilarious. Floyd says Conor would miss weight and instead his boy does. <Lmaoo>

For a card this huge, that really is shameful. This was a chance for Gervonta to really shine.

Honestly, they'd have made the fight at whatever weight he wanted, but BEFORE the fucking event.

Broner Jr.

Interesting. Let's see how things play out. He may just fulfill the prophecy. I think he has a better head on his shoulders than Broner though.

Not a great thing before a show as big as this, that's for sure.
Im more of an MMA fan so correct me if i am wrong, but most people catching this fight before the Main event really are not going to care that much about him missing weight if he dominates. Being on a card this big, im guessing most people wont even realize he was stripped or missed weight until the announcers bring it up.

If he puts on a big performance, he will be promoted as Floyds guy and no one will even care.

That's how good the flesh tastes now, it is irresistible. All must saturate the flavors inside of our glorious wet mouth, but beware of the consequences.

204f89a56ee09a02426829903121c50b.jpg

Paid money to watch him, high hopes for the future and I have thought he is the real deal but to miss weight by that amount doesn't boad well for the future

Im more of an MMA fan so correct me if i am wrong, but most people catching this fight before the Main event really are not going to care that much about him missing weight if he dominates. Being on a card this big, im guessing most people wont even realize he was stripped or missed weight until the announcers bring it up.

If he puts on a big performance, he will be promoted as Floyds guy and no one will even care.
It a definitely not the fight that's getting the most attention but it looks unprofessional for someone to miss weight, especially a champion losing his belt on the scale. His career will be fine if he keeps winning but fans still hold that stuff over fighters, in MMA too.

That's exactly what I was thinking as well, just like Broner

Of course that's not until a couple of years from now, I think he can hang with the 135 lbrs

Back