International Germany's Multicultural Experiment: 45% of Migrants Failed German Integration Courses

Europe's experiment with "Multiculturalism" rather than adopting North America's "Melting Pot" is...

• Total voters
Germany Has a New Anti-Semitism Problem
A highly visible part of the immigrant community is failing to integrate.
by Leonid Bershidsky | April 19, 2018

800x-1.jpg

Adam Armoush, a 21-year-old student who grew up in an Arab family in Israel, wore a kippa in Berlin as an experiment: Would he be attacked for it? The provocation worked almost immediately: A youngster ran at him on the street in one of the city's poshest areas, swinging a belt and shouting anti-Semitic abuse in Arabic.

Germany, whose history makes sure anti-Semitism can never be a mundane problem, has to face up to "imported anti-Semitism," arriving with a tide of Muslim immigrants. After years of sweeping it under the rug, the country must learn to treat it as an integration problem, not just something the police should worry about.

For years, the leaders of the German Jewish community have warned that wearing a kippa could be dangerous in Berlin, especially in areas with a large Muslim population. But German police statistics would make it look as though the issue doesn't exist. According to them, 522 anti-Semitic crimes were registered in Germany in 2017, 479 of them committed by "right-wing extremists" -- that is, neo-Nazis. Only 19 incidents were ascribed to "foreign ideology" or "religious ideology" -- tags that could apply to Jew-hatred as practiced in the Islamic world. But Ann-Christin Wegener wrote in a recent study for the state of Hessen's constitutional protection department that the police tended to attribute the crimes to right-wing extremists when they had no clue of the perpetrators' motivations. Besides, she wrote, "right-wing extremist symbols are banned in Germany, a criminal offense to which there is no Islamist equivalent, and crimes committed using the Arabic or Turkish language result in police attention less frequently." The Israeli in Berlin had the advantage of understanding exactly what his attacker was shouting.

Wegener analysed 7,000 social network comments under 38 media articles and videos about Jews, Israel and anti-Semitism posted to YouTube and Facebook. Of these, 600 turned out to be anti-Semitic, and the ones that could be attributed came in almost equal numbers from neo-Nazis and people of Arabic and Turkish background, with a smattering of the extreme left. The proportion started shifting toward Muslims after 2014, and the Muslim Jew-haters were especially active on the subject of Israel, while the neo-Nazis felt more compelled to comment on anti-Semitism and the Holocaust.

As David Ranan, an Israeli who has written a book on Muslim anti-Semitism in Germany, told the weekly Der Spiegel last month that for many of the Muslims he spoke to, "Jew" equaled "Israeli." They'd brought their home country attitudes to Germany or picked them up from peers of preachers here.

The German authorities or society haven't done much about this. To the left, Islamophobia has been a higher priority than anti-Semitism in recent years, and the center-right has been careful about raising the subject for fear of being branded Islamophobic. But in recent weeks, politicians have turned their attention to the Muslim variety of anti-Semitism. After two German rappers, Kollegah and Farid Bang, received the prestigious Echo music award earlier this month -- on Israel's Holocaust Remembrance Day, to boot -- they were sharply criticized for a song they'd co-authored. In it, Bang, whose real name is Farid El Abdellaoui and who is of Moroccan descent, raps, "My body is more defined than those of Auschwitz prisoners."

Commenting on the scandal, Foreign Minister Heiko Maas, a Social Democrat, tweeted, "Anti-Semitic provocations do not deserve any prize, they are just disgusting." To which Kollegah, whose real name is Felix Blume and who is a convert to Islam, replied with a reference to Maas's party's soft stance on immigration: "To what degree are you protecting Jewish life if you support the mass immigration of people you consider anti-Semitic?"

Both Kollegah and Farid Bang deny they're Jew-haters. But at least one of them comes from a culture in which it's fine to joke about Auschwitz, and the other adopted it as he grew up. Just as with the Christmas, 2015 mass attacks on women in Cologne, instigated by North African gangsters, this cultural difference has somehow survived and thrived in the German social climate.

Thousands of people, largely Muslims, demonstrated in Berlin earlier this year against U.S. recognition of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital. Israeli flags were burned, and anti-Jewish slogans were heard. Commenting on the protests, Jens Spahn, a leader of the right wing of Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democratic Union and now health minister, blamed the rising anti-Semitism on "immigration from a cultural space in which people aren't too careful with the sensitivities of Jews or gays."

The knee-jerk reaction to incidents like the one with the young Israeli is to demand a forceful response. "The Arab youths who react so wrathfully to kippas and Israeli flags have, as a rule, little to offer this country," Ulf Poschardt, editor of the respected daily Die Welt, wrote in an angry commentary. "Enough. Words must be followed by action." Merkel herself reacted to the Berlin incident by promising to move against anti-Semitism "with all the toughness and decisiveness" of which the German government is capable.

Without a doubt, harsh police action and commensurate punishment could deter some of the anti-Semitic displays and assaults. But if this is an imported cultural phenomenon born of the casual anti-Semitism and anti-Israel grudges held in the Middle East, it cannot be eradicated by police action -- just chased deeper under the surface. The real issue is that German schools, media and other institutions are not getting through to a highly visible part of the Muslim community.

It is a failure of integration, one that feeds symmetrical hatreds and demands for violent responses that will not solve the problem. Nor will Jewish caution. Few Jews are leaving Germany despite the evolving anti-Semitic threat -- far fewer than are giving up on life in Belgium, France or Italy for similar reasons. If we're sticking around, publicly acting proud of our tradition and religion -- and, yes, wearing those kippas -- carries risks. Yet it's one of the best ways to help get Germany's integration experiment back on track.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...y-israel-s-first-70-years-surprised-the-world

Last edited:
Germans are sadists confirmed.

I think you meant Masochists :)

That's being said, what's another 10K when you already have over a million yet to be integrated.

Last edited:
I think you meant Masochists :)

That's being said, what's another 10K when you already have over a million yet to be integrated.
Maybe they will vet these ones? Instead of taking in more new arrivals, why don't they take the migrants they're trying to force on Poland and Hungary?

Maybe they will vet these ones? Instead of taking in more new arrivals, why don't they take the migrants they're trying to force on Poland and Hungary?

What makes you think they didn't "vet" any previous entries?

They are having expected difficulties integrating the new citizens into the labor market, which is understandable given they aren't native speakers, but from what I can tell the incidence of crime among Germany's refugee population is markedly lower than would be typically expected given the poverty demographics and culture shock. I have no idea why, whether it's due to the efficacy of the program or inefficient reporting, but it certainly isn't a bad thing, right?

Also, at what point when you guys stop getting outrage boners from seeing Germany admit more migrants? Separating from the fact that they are shouldering what should be our moral burden for our role in displacing them, it's pretty damn obvious their primary reason for the admittance is to mitigate their birth rates and position themselves as a long-term economic powerhouse.

What makes you think they didn't "vet" any previous entries?

They are having expected difficulties integrating the new citizens into the labor market, which is understandable given they aren't native speakers, but from what I can tell the incidence of crime among Germany's refugee population is markedly lower than would be typically expected given the poverty demographics and culture shock. I have no idea why, whether it's due to the efficacy of the program or inefficient reporting, but it certainly isn't a bad thing, right?

Also, at what point when you guys stop getting outrage boners from seeing Germany admit more migrants? Separating from the fact that they are shouldering what should be our moral burden for our role in displacing them, it's pretty damn obvious their primary reason for the admittance is to mitigate their birth rates and position themselves as a long-term economic powerhouse.
If you think even 10% of arrivals since 2015 have been vetted immigrants then I'm sorry to say but you're woefully uninformed on this topic.

If you think even 10% of arrivals since 2015 have been vetted immigrants then I'm sorry to say but you're woefully uninformed on this topic.

I would be absolutely shocked if <10% were not "vetted" in any form or fashion. I can't imagine that even being administratively workable in terms of processing. I would likewise assume they don't have the ultra-comprehensive and uber-expensive vetting that the US has....but very few places do.

I would be absolutely shocked if <10% were not "vetted" in any form or fashion. I can't imagine that even being administratively workable in terms of processing. I would likewise assume they don't have the ultra-comprehensive and uber-expensive vetting that the US has....but very few places do.
Shocked or not but that was the case at the height of the migrant crisis. There are countless stories along this line -

-Lose documents
-Enter the EU (remember there were no physical barriers for the first 6 months on the Balkan route)
-Claim refugee status (can't be denied until they've been processed)
-Once within the Schengen zone access any EU state they please

Now that the Balkan route is locked down the migrants (most not true refugees) are coming by sea. As they can't be held in camps and must be processed there is no vetting that can take place until they're registered and the investigation is under way. I think Arkain has already posted this, but it's worth repeating.

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/554090/

Admitt first, vet later. That is the reality.

Fake "Child Refugee" Guilty of Raping and Murdering E.U Official's Daughter
Richard Hartley-Parkinson | Mar 22, 2018

pri_60032585.jpg

Hussein Khavari, "17", killer of the medical student Maria Ladenburger

An asylum seeker claiming to be from Afghanistan was Thursday sentenced to life in jail in Germany for the rape and murder of a student that stoked a public backlash against a mass influx of migrants.

Hussein Khavari, of uncertain age and origin, was found guilty of the deadly night-time attack on medical student Maria Ladenburger, 19, in October 2016 in the university town of Freiburg.

Khavari pushed her off her bicycle as she was riding home alone from a party, then bit, choked and repeatedly raped her and left her on the bank of a river where she drowned.

Presiding judge Kathrin Schenk condemned the extreme ‘lack of empathy’ of Khavari, who was handcuffed and wearing a black hooded jumper, before reading out the verdict and sentence, which were greeted with applause in the courtroom.

She handed down the maximum sentence of life in prison, which under German law means 15 years behind bars, with no chance of parole and the possibility of ‘security detention’ afterwards if the convict is still deemed to pose a threat to society.

Schenk said she saw almost no chance of rehabilitation, telling Khavari that ‘you would have to become an entirely different human being’.

Khavari had been arrested seven weeks after the murder, following a huge manhunt in the town near the French border.

pri_51777474.jpg

Medical student Maria Ladenburger

Police had found a black hair partially dyed blond at the scene, then spotted Khavari by his hairstyle on security camera footage and linked him to the crime using his DNA.

As the crime sparked public anger and revulsion, social media users posted sarcastic ‘thank you’ messages to Chancellor Angela Merkel over her liberal policy that brought more than one million refugees and migrants to the country.

During the trial, prosecutor Eckart Berger had reminded the two jurors sitting alongside three judges that ‘on trial is a criminal offender and not Germany’s refugee policy’.

Khavari arrived in Germany, without identity papers, in November 2015, near the peak of the refugee influx, as an unaccompanied minor claiming to be 16 or 17 years old and hailing from Afghanistan.

A police officer told the court that Khavari’s cellphone and social media accounts suggested he had lived in Iran.

Khavari was sent to live with a German host family in the picturesque town on the edge of the Black Forest, went to a local school, learnt German and received state benefits.

It emerged only after his arrest that he had already committed a violent crime in May 2013 in Greece, where he pushed a woman off a cliff on the island of Corfu, leaving her badly injured.

He was sentenced there in February 2014 to 10 years jail for attempted murder but was granted a conditional release from Greece’s overcrowded jails in October 2015.

He fled to Germany, where authorities knew nothing of his criminal past because Greece had only issued a nationwide warrant, and because no match was detected in an EU-wide fingerprint data base for asylum seekers.

pri_60032498.jpg

Khavari was initially tried as a juvenile offender, but the court accepted expert opinions, based on X-rays and dental analysis, that he is now aged between 22 and 29.

The defendant had admitted to the crime, but claimed diminished culpability because he was under the influence of alcohol and drugs – a position which his defence said it would argue again in an appeal.

Khavari had also claimed that his father died long ago in a battle against Afghanistan’s Taliban.

Judge Schenk in December dialled a number on Khavari’s cellphone and reached his father, who told her through an interpreter that he was living in Iran.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/22/asylum-seeker-claimed-child-refugee-jailed-rape-murder-7407892/

an easy tell is if the clavicles are fused. They won't fuse until 22 years of age at the earliest, so I am guessing that is why he is aged "between 22 and 29".

I am not 100% but from my understanding that is Germany's share of the resettlement program?
Don't quote me on that but I think those people have already been "vetted" because they must have been granted refugee status in order to be resettled?
Again not 100% sure on that.

Also, I made another thread about it. Should have posted it in here. But Germany just surprisingly reported the lowest crime numbers in 25 years.
Considerable lower than ever since they started doing a statistics for unified Germany.
Last year was 5,76 Million.
https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/197/umfrage/straftaten-in-deutschland-seit-1997/

That is actually quite surprising given the circumstance. Not saying the problem is over and crime statistics have to sometime be considered in more detail.
They contribute a lot to the fact that the cops busted some large eastern European burglar gangs.
And also a drop in migration crime due to better integration. And the better process of deporting migrants that commit a lot of crimes we call them "intensive criminal".
Roughly translated but people that have committed several crimes apparently played a big part why it was so high the last 2 years before. On top of the migrants of course.

I am not 100% but from my understanding that is Germany's share of the resettlement program?
Don't quote me on that but I think those people have already been "vetted" because they must have been granted refugee status in order to be resettled?
Again not 100% sure on that.

Also, I made another thread about it. Should have posted it in here. But Germany just surprisingly reported the lowest crime numbers in 25 years.
Considerable lower than ever since they started doing a statistics for unified Germany.
Last year was 5,76 Million.
https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/197/umfrage/straftaten-in-deutschland-seit-1997/

That is actually quite surprising given the circumstance. Not saying the problem is over and crime statistics have to sometime be considered in more detail.
They contribute a lot to the fact that the cops busted some large eastern European burglar gangs.
And also a drop in migration crime due to better integration. And the better process of deporting migrants that commit a lot of crimes we call them "intensive criminal".
Roughly translated but people that have committed several crimes apparently played a big part why it was so high the last 2 years before. On top of the migrants of course.
I'm not sure if that's their portion of the resettlement effort either.

I though that crime stat was something along the lines of the biggest drop from one year to the next. Overall, but not in all categories and murder is up. I'll revisit the thread.

And yup, it appears ze Germans are taking big steps to sift through the masses. There's a story on it just a few posts up. It's a good read.

I'm not sure if that's their portion of the resettlement effort either.

I though that crime stat was something along the lines of the biggest drop from one year to the next. Overall, but not in all categories and murder is up. I'll revisit the thread.

And yup, it appears ze Germans are taking big steps to sift through the masses. There's a story on it just a few posts up. It's a good read.

Yeah, I am not sure of the numbers of violent crimes yet. Because parts of the report were just leaked.
Obviously, the real important numbers would be violent crimes and of a sexual nature have to wait and see.
Murders are up by a few %. But that just comes out to "only" 20 more murders.
That's a long weekend in Chicago :).

Thought she was done with this shit. Apparently not. Civil war it is.

I hope all the late-comers who wondering about Germany's current vetting process to pick out real refugees from an enormous pool of fakers that they have allowed in to take up on my advice and read up on The Atlantic's incredible investigative piece from the previous page:

Here's an fascinating inside look at Germany's revamped system to separate real refugees from fakers (including returning fighters). It's an extensive read, but once you started, you wouldn't be able to stop til the end, as it's probably the best article you've seen in the WR this month:

The Refugee Detectives
Inside Germany’s high-stakes operation to sort people fleeing death from opportunists and pretenders
GRAEME WOOD | MAR 15, 2018​

1920.jpg

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/554090/

Trust me, it's still the best article you have seen this month. Or year.

I hope all the late-comers who wondering about Germany's current vetting process to pick out real refugees from an enormous pool of fakers that they have allowed in to take up on my advice and read up on the incredible investigative piece from the previous page:

Trust me, it's still the best article you have seen this month.

https://www.thelocal.de/20121019/45663

now some of them live as refugees in Germany, 1 moved to sweden.
https://www.mopo.de/hamburg/trotz-verurteilung-somalische-piraten-leben-frei-in-hamburg-29992838

once u arrive in Germany u can do whatever u what and don't have to worry about deportion, ur article sounds nice but it makes little difference in reality.

Back