International Germany's Multicultural Experiment: 45% of Migrants Failed German Integration Courses

Europe's experiment with "Multiculturalism" rather than adopting North America's "Melting Pot" is...

• Total voters
such an odd comment coming from her. Reap what you sow.

Much like my grandfather said to me years ago, a first generation Mexican American.

"If these fucking guys don't want to learn English, they should go back to Mexico"

Bilderberg-pressure intensifies...

People don't seem to understand Germany's policies. They wanted the immigrants alright, as cheap labour that is. This was not a humanitarian project.

Germany has strong policies and a strong social system which will force the immigrants to adapt to the German culture while working for minimal pay, or get tossed out.

The problem is that the other European countries did not possess Germany's adaptability to the situation when this crisis first started, thus they will suffer economically from Germany opening the gates. This whole refugee crisis will serve to strengthen German's position as the leading European country by far.

Multiculturism has allowed big butted Spanish girls to live across America.

I thank multicultural for that.

Yeah, but dealing with the middle east, arabic, islamic culture is a complete different game.

She was pretty clear on that. You need to help those in need. Not all of those coming were in need and therefore a lot of people shall be deported. Those who stay shall assimilate.

Don't be dumb. Multiculturalism has nothing to do with the people being genuine refugees or not. Just because they're are/not genuine refugees has no bearing on how well they assimilate.

Also, no they won't get deported.

Germany has strong policies and a strong social system which will force the immigrants to adapt to the German culture while working for minimal pay, or get tossed out.

Like I said:

If Merkel could actually get that incredible plan to work, I'd say we should crown her Person of the Century, and as a proud American, I will concede that Germany is the Greatest Country in the World.

If you wanted assimilation, Muslims are not the group to take in. Especially not to that extent.

She dun goofed
Agreed. You don't take in cavemen and expect them to behave like gentlemen..

What the fuck was she thinking? At least it's good to hear the Germans are going to ramp up deportations

See I don't have a problem with joining the armed forces while having a turban and beard as that seems pretty harmless to me. I don't have a problem with women wearing hijabs either. Those are outward symbols of religion and culture that don't have much impact on day to day life. To me that would be like getting mad at Jews for wearing yarmulkes. These are unimportant things, and hating them just because they're foreign is racism/nativism.It's important to draw a bright line between harmless cultural practices and harmful ones and do everything you can to stomp out the bad ones. But putting something like wearing a turban in the same category as female circumcision is ludicrous.

While I agree that clothing is unimportant, I think there is a greater problem. In many Muslim countries, these so-called unimportant customs such as attire are actually very important. In the more moderate countries, certain attire is frowned upon, and in the more strict ones, it's illegal.

So what happens when you combine two cultures-- one that is open to other cultures and wants to let foreigners enjoy their values, with one who's very culture values not allowing such freedoms? I think the answer is obvious: one culture will dominate the other. At the very least there will be tension, and at the very worst there will be violence. What's more is that this example is only a superficial one. We still haven't explored deeper cultural touchstones that are rooted in religion.

This has all the ingredients for disaster. We've seen it time and time again. Whether it be Irish Catholics with Irish Protestants, or Anglos with Francs, cultural conflict is inevitable. Muslim culture is antithetical to Western culture, they simply value opposite things. Where I am from, there was great conflict which revolved mostly around language. How much more conflict will there be when language is the least of concerns?

Now, I'm not saying that we should kick out anyone, or restrict anyone from coming in. At the same time, much like if I go to Saudi Arabia and am told not to wear a tank top or shorts, I would quickly capitulate. When the shoe is on the other foot, they refuse to. So it's not that the clothing itself is the issue, but it's a sign of a greater problem that lies beneath the surface.

Here is a quote I pulled from a Qatar campaign aimed at foreigners:

“If you are in Qatar, you are one of us. Help us preserve Qatar’s culture and values, please dress modestly in public places.”

I'd say that's very reasonable. If I don't agree with their customs, I simply won't go there. Culture is important, all of them, and just as I have no interest in imposing mine on anyone else, I would like other people to respect mine, too.

She was pretty clear on that. You need to help those in need. Not all of those coming were in need and therefore a lot of people shall be deported. Those who stay shall assimilate.

Whether that is realistic or not is a fair question, of course, but tbh there is no grave inconsistency to what she said or did before.

But even "those who need help" contribute to multiculturalism, the same multiculturalism that is, in her words, "a sham." So there does sem to be an inconsistency--unless, that is, she's ok with setting sham policies for her country. I just assumed that's not the case since I can't imagine any politician anywhere admitting that a certain thing is a sham but worth doing because it's altruistic.

So that is her plan all along? She better force assimilation upon them or the plan probably not going to work.

Forced assimilation is a tall order. Multiculturalism is a bit of a farce, tbh. Helping those in need is one thing, but even here in the states, most immigrants tend to herd together right away. They start off living in their own sub-community, go to the same businesses, pray in the same places, speak only their language, etc.

There's nothing wrong with that to some extent, but it will probably take several generations of these families in their new country before some of them break off and mix with the natives, taking on at least some aspects of the homeland culture. At least you hope. The U.S. being a land of opportunity is great in some regards, but then compared to other more homogeneous countries, people are quick to judge our education systems, crime rates, lack of trust, social classes and disregard bringing that into the equation.

i saw many guys in Germany try and date Turkish girls the four years i was there. It never ended well, especially if that chick had brothers, literally every single time.....

Assimilation? hahaha

People don't seem to understand Germany's policies. They wanted the immigrants alright, as cheap labour that is. This was not a humanitarian project.

The problem is that the other European countries did not possess Germany's adaptability to the situation when this crisis first started, thus they will suffer economically from Germany opening the gates. This whole refugee crisis will serve to strengthen German's position as the leading European country by far.
I don't think this is true . Germany already had a big problem with second and third generation of turkish immigrant not going to school, learning the language, assimilating to culture and using up social assistance before opening their border to more syrians .

I don't think this is true . Germany already had a big problem with second and third generation of turkish immigrant not going to school, learning the language, assimilating to culture and using up social assistance before opening their border to more syrians .

It's certainly not a humanitarian mission by the ruling class, although it is masquerading as such for propaganda purposes.

I agree it isn't about workers though, and it most certainly isn't about assimilating people into the German culture, or whatever is left of it.

It's primarily about manufactured conflict and dissolving German identity, while providing pretext for power grabs.

It's so simple when viewed from the perspective of a hostile elite.

The first generation of Pakistani immigrants weren't the problem in the UK. The men dressed western and the women wore a lighter head scarf. They did bring about some traditions from Pakistan, but I don't think they brought the really shitty ones (child rape, for instance), unless it was swept under the rug.

The second and third generation are a different story. They're the ones grooming young girls into pedophile rings.

It's certainly not a humanitarian mission by the ruling class, although it is masquerading as such for propaganda purposes.

Pretty much. And it's not just Merkel, one person, but people pulling strings on a wide scale.

While I agree that clothing is unimportant, I think there is a greater problem. In many Muslim countries, these so-called unimportant customs such as attire are actually very important. In the more moderate countries, certain attire is frowned upon, and in the more strict ones, it's illegal.

So what happens when you combine two cultures-- one that is open to other cultures and wants to let foreigners enjoy their values, with one who's very culture values not allowing such freedoms? I think the answer is obvious: one culture will dominate the other. At the very least there will be tension, and at the very worst there will be violence. What's more is that this example is only a superficial one. We still haven't explored deeper cultural touchstones that are rooted in religion.

This has all the ingredients for disaster. We've seen it time and time again. Whether it be Irish Catholics with Irish Protestants, or Anglos with Francs, cultural conflict is inevitable. Muslim culture is antithetical to Western culture, they simply value opposite things. Where I am from, there was great conflict which revolved mostly around language. How much more conflict will there be when language is the least of concerns?

Now, I'm not saying that we should kick out anyone, or restrict anyone from coming in. At the same time, much like if I go to Saudi Arabia and am told not to wear a tank top or shorts, I would quickly capitulate. When the shoe is on the other foot, they refuse to. So it's not that the clothing itself is the issue, but it's a sign of a greater problem that lies beneath the surface.

Here is a quote I pulled from a Qatar campaign aimed at foreigners:

I'd say that's very reasonable. If I don't agree with their customs, I simply won't go there. Culture is important, all of them, and just as I have no interest in imposing mine on anyone else, I would like other people to respect mine, too.

Part of maintaining our culture is tolerance of differences that are unimportant to us, even if they're important to those practicing them. That is a core part of having an open culture. Being able to wear a turban in public even though it's not traditional American dress is as much a part of American culture as being prohibited from wearing shorts in Qatar is a part of theirs. In a sense we don't tolerate superficial differences for the sake of the immigrant, we tolerate them because we want a tolerant culture that gives people freedom to dress as they like. I think there's some wisdom in what you say in terms of the strictre culture dominating the less strict one, and that's why I think we should strongly hold the line both legally and culturally on things that do matter. It's a tough balance and it's one where I think the far left goes way too far in being accepting of cultural practices that are alien to Western values simply because they're held to be important by minorities. I also agree that Islam is antithetical to Western values as it's practiced almost everywhere in the world, and I do believe that if Muslims are going to immigrate to the West it's on them to give up those parts of their religion that are in opposition to Enlightenment values and it's on us as the citizens of those nations to push back strongly however we can against attempts to import those medieval cultural practices. Of course, I also don't believe religions have any inherent truth so I have no problem telling someone to 'moderate of leave', because I don't really respect religious beliefs for their own sake.

The first generation of Pakistani immigrants weren't the problem in the UK. The men dressed western and the women wore a lighter head scarf. They did bring about some traditions from Pakistan, but I don't think they brought the really shitty ones (child rape, for instance), unless it was swept under the rug.

The second and third generation are a different story. They're the ones grooming young girls into pedophile rings.

That's why we need to worry less about the religion of people we allow to immigrate and worry much, much more about class and education. I don't care if you're a Pakistani Muslim if you were educated in English schools, sympathetic to Western culture, and have the skills to add value in a modern economy. I have a huge problem with you immigrating if you have no skills and are going to bring 3rd world tribalism and religious fundamentalism with you. It's not incumbent upon Western countries to let just anyone in, and while I don't think race or relgion are valid reasons to refuse entry I do think ability to contribute in a positive way to the society you're joinging is an extremely important criterion.

Back