Germany Raids Homes of 36 People Accused of Hateful Postings Over Social Media

Space

WR GOAT
Banned
Reaction score
You think they mainly arrested ISIS-sympathizing Muslims? Think again!

We were one election from this happening in the USA.

Thank whatever God you pray to that Donald Trump was elected president.

8Quuf2s.jpg

Heiko Maas, the German justice minister, is endorsing a new social media law aimed at cracking down on hate speech, a measure that an array of experts has warned is unconstitutional.

BERLIN — In a coordinated campaign across 14 states, the German police on Tuesday raided the homes of 36 people accused of hateful postings over social media, including threats, coercion and incitement to racism.

Most of the raids concerned politically motivated right-wing incitement, according to the Federal Criminal Police Office, whose officers conducted home searches and interrogations. But the raids also targeted two people accused of left-wing extremist content, as well as one person accused of making threats or harassment based on someone’s sexual orientation.

“The still high incidence of punishable hate posting shows a need for police action,” Holger Münch, president of the Federal Criminal Police Office, said in a statement. “Our free society must not allow a climate of fear, threat, criminal violence and violence either on the street or on the internet.”

The raids come as Germans are debating the draft of a new social media law aimed at cracking down on hate speech, a measure that an array of experts said was unconstitutional at a parliamentary hearing on Monday.

The measure, championed by Justice Minister Heiko Maas for passage this month, would fine Facebook, Twitter and other outlets up to $53 million (50 million euros) if they failed to remove hate speech and other forms of illegal content.

Under German law, social media users are subject to a range of punishments for posting illegal material, including a prison sentence of up to five years for inciting racial hatred.

http://archive.is/XBKTV

germans are fascists, no surprise

Yep, come to where the first amendment exists, fucking idiots.

Good to see they're tackling their countries biggest problem.

Can't wait til Russia stomps western Europe, liberates the natives.

Nah won't happen. They'll just be absorbed into some Zimbabwe-esque shithole and erased from history. But a man can fantasize.

The time for armed resistance came and passed. They're just going to sit and watch themselves die out now. It's a waste of our energy to even care.

holy shit germany stop being authoritarian fascists

kristallnacht lite

I don't agree with everything that is classified at hate speech at the moment in Germany it's too harsh.
But it is the law. If you petition for Auschwitz to be reopened and gas all the refugees.
Or if you call to burn down the refugee house in your town. And are stupid enough to post it on Facebook.
The cops might show up and raid your place. It's the law.

I don't agree with everything that is classified at hate speech at the moment in Germany it's too harsh.
But it is the law. If you petition for Auschwitz to be reopened and gas all the refugees.
Or if you call to burn down the refugee house in your town. And are stupid enough to post it on Facebook.
The cops might show up and raid your place. It's the law.

rounding up jews to send them to auschwitz was the law in germany once

doesnt make it right

The time for armed resistance came and passed. They're just going to sit and watch themselves die out now. It's a waste of our energy to even care.
I wonder if that would happen in any other country nowadays. Americans talk a lot about their guns and their militias but I believe that if the government did something they wouldn't do anything.

They would quickly move to arrest all the guys with combat experience and retrieve the biggest caches of weapons. The rest would be leaderless and would move on with their civilian lives.

America truly is the last bastion of free speech in the world.

rounding up jews to send them to auschwitz was the law in germany once

doesnt make it right

Yes because both those laws hold the same relevance.
Germany is the only country in the World that has laws that arent right?
I am sure you can think of US laws that aren't right in your opinion but you still follow it because its the law.

First they came for the Twitter Trolls, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Twitter Troll.

Then they came for the Alt-Right, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not Alt Right.

Then they came for the Kekistanis, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Kekistani.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

I wonder if that would happen in any other country nowadays. Americans talk a lot about their guns and their militias but I believe that if the government did something they wouldn't do anything.

They would quickly move to arrest all the guys with combat experience and retrieve the biggest caches of weapons. The rest would be leaderless and would move on with their civilian lives.

It depends on where the allegiances of the police and the armed forces lie.

Americans have long lost the battle to maintain a balance of power between the state and its citizens. But the citizens still represent a potent enough threat to the state, to keep the government on their toes. No politician wants to risk doing anything "unconstitutional" in the US because the implications are heavy. In Europe though, the constitutions of are re-written and under-mined on a regular basis.

Just recently my country over-turned a law which restricted the use of military abroad, only to receive a few pats on the back from the EU lobby (which is heavily pushing for pro-interventionist policy). The ideology of "total defense" had been in effect for around 80 years, atleast since the great wars.

Nobody outside of the usual suspects (racist fascists) seemed to care.

You think they mainly arrested ISIS-sympathizing Muslims? Think again!

We were one election from this happening in the USA.

Thank whatever God you pray to that Donald Trump was elected president.

8Quuf2s.jpg

Heiko Maas, the German justice minister, is endorsing a new social media law aimed at cracking down on hate speech, a measure that an array of experts has warned is unconstitutional.

BERLIN — In a coordinated campaign across 14 states, the German police on Tuesday raided the homes of 36 people accused of hateful postings over social media, including threats, coercion and incitement to racism.

Most of the raids concerned politically motivated right-wing incitement, according to the Federal Criminal Police Office, whose officers conducted home searches and interrogations. But the raids also targeted two people accused of left-wing extremist content, as well as one person accused of making threats or harassment based on someone’s sexual orientation.

“The still high incidence of punishable hate posting shows a need for police action,” Holger Münch, president of the Federal Criminal Police Office, said in a statement. “Our free society must not allow a climate of fear, threat, criminal violence and violence either on the street or on the internet.”

The raids come as Germans are debating the draft of a new social media law aimed at cracking down on hate speech, a measure that an array of experts said was unconstitutional at a parliamentary hearing on Monday.

The measure, championed by Justice Minister Heiko Maas for passage this month, would fine Facebook, Twitter and other outlets up to $53 million (50 million euros) if they failed to remove hate speech and other forms of illegal content.

Under German law, social media users are subject to a range of punishments for posting illegal material, including a prison sentence of up to five years for inciting racial hatred.

http://archive.is/XBKTV
You're a fuckin idiot if you think Trump believes in free speech.

Back