Germany fines Volkswagen 1billion Euros Audi CEO arrested

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
VW fined one billion euros by German prosecutors over emissions cheating

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...man-prosecutors-over-dieselgate-idUSKBN1J92AI

“Following thorough examination, Volkswagen AG accepted the fine and it will not lodge an appeal against it. Volkswagen AG, by doing so, admits its responsibility for the diesel crisis and considers this as a further major step toward the latter being overcome,” it said in a statement.

This brings the total in fines to $5.5 billion with other countries still to decide on punishment. Very expensive when one considers that it started out as just a short term solution until they could clean up the emissions. Their advertising division didn't know they were cheating and used those low figures as a selling point and things quickly got out of hand.

If you haven't watched dirty money on Netflix episode 1 is about this. Give it a try

I want VW to throw me one of those TDIs that will otherwise just waste away in the VW graveyard.

If you haven't watched dirty money on Netflix episode 1 is about this. Give it a try
yeah watched that episode, damn straight deception even tried to delay and lie some more when they got caught.

CEO was arrested connecting flights in the US.

<Matt Serra fuck'em>

I want VW to throw me one of those TDIs that will otherwise just waste away in the VW graveyard.
My buddy had to give back his because of this. He said he didn't get back what he even paid. Not sure how true it is, but that would suck.

My buddy had to give back his because of this. He said he didn't get back what he even paid. Not sure how true it is, but that would suck.
If he had it for a long time maybe they factored in depreciation. Still I bet he could have made a stink and negotiate more.

Although at this point vw may not even care. Their name is so fucked right now.

Back