Germans want Donald Trump to pull US troops out of Germany

they can buy new shit, also with their engineering expertise do you really think they couldnt make better equipment? Anyone who underestimates the Germans needs to re-examine history lol
Their massive push for multi culturalism doesn't strike me as a country looking to return to its dark days.

I'm ambivalent.

Because it’s where our main trauma hospitals are for wounded service members in the Middle East. It’s far quicker to fly guys on an aeromedical evac flight to LRMC than to Virginia or Houston. We would have to move all those facilities to a different NATO country.
Why would we need to close down the hospitals? Keep them, and some other segments , but pull-out the bulk of the military?

Their massive push for multi culturalism doesn't strike me as a country looking to return to its dark days.
no, no it doesn't

The only people that remotely showed ANY fight or resolve while living there were the Turks or Russians, which is why they run whole sections of towns and cities almost untouched

Wonder if we can convince them to allow us to keep the Rammstein air base as that's a major hospital stop for guys wounded in action from my understanding.

If the host nation , a democracy, doen't want them, then why stay?

Wonder if we can convince them to allow us to keep the Rammstein air base as that's a major hospital stop for guys wounded in action from my understanding.
pretty much
It's Landstuhl, which is right next to Rammstein in the Kaiserslautern metro area (we call it K Town)

I was stationed like a mere 20 miles from there, even had back surgery there at the hospital.

The problem is Germany is going to be a Muslim state within 20 years and likely will go through a period of Balkanization fairly soon. Pulling out our troops in 15 years while a civil war is going on is going to be much more problematic. And it will be needed unless we want to embroil ourselves into a conflict that will likely include much of western europe.
<36>

Why would we need to close down the hospitals? Keep them, and some other segments , but pull-out the bulk of the military?
.....because they’re staffed by military personnel on US military installations? What else are we talking about here? Your original post didn’t say that Germans were in favor of specific US forces staying, it was a removal of US military personnel.

I don't think 30,000 troops will make a difference in either case.

The problem is Germany is going to be a Muslim state within 20 years and likely will go through a period of Balkanization fairly soon. Pulling out our troops in 15 years while a civil war is going on is going to be much more problematic. And it will be needed unless we want to embroil ourselves into a conflict that will likely include much of western europe.
achiKD0.gif

.....because they’re staffed by military personnel on US military installations? What else are we talking about here? Your original post didn’t say that Germans were in favor of specific US forces staying, it was a removal of US military personnel.
I know that, but it goes without saying : pulling our the troops doesn't mean we pull everyone out. No one expected the US to pull all its personnel from Iraq when Bush signed the Status of Forces agreement.

I didnt mean they would return to their dark days..... I just meant if they put their minds to it they could build better military equipment(I think)

Quite honestly, living in Germany, I can't say what proportion of Germans are unhappy about Murrcan presence.

Sure, a majority, or possibly, but a small one.

Most Germans I know are thankful of Murrcans, as they will say themselves that they would have been steamrolled and raped by the USSR otherwise.

Also, Germans nowadays are really anti-military, and are happy to have public funds attributed to other things.

So no, on this one, this is not a very clear-cut case.

it would decimate the economies of most of the smaller towns (i.e. Baumholder, Vilseck, etc...) near the bases

and huge LOL at worrying about German military superiority, their equipment can't even get up basic hills and shit. We laughed at the Bundeswehr literally every day on our base (their equipment and training, not the guys themselves, solid people)
edit: not that it matters, but they've already shut down MAD bases, and deflagged the two largest Infantry units (170th IBCT and 173rd IBCT from baumholder and Grafenwoehr) already....and moved USAREUR from Heidelberg to Wiesbaden

This and this.

I lived there for four years, I never got the sentiment that we were not welcome by any kind of majority.

Our drawdown/movement of forces is not due German influence, its rationale is pure budgeting. That's my take listening to conversations with higher ups.

but they haven't.....and they don't meet the normal threshold for NATO and haven't for years

they would literally lose to say Turkey or Russia in like a day flat, tops. I actually trained and lived w/ them for literally 4 years, they couldn't stop jack and shit

The main reason A) they're retarded for wanting us out the literal only deterrent, and B) they should be trying harder to keep the UK at a favorable position in Brexit, being they are BY FAR the dominant military force in Europe and now won't be in the EU....
Macron's working on that combined EU force under the control of Brussels that would yes, include the UK regardless of Brexit and it's highly likely that May would agree to it just to have another lick at the EU Commission ballsack.

it has nothing to do with world war 2 or thinking the germans will act a fool again and everything in the world todo with projecting power and global influence
He who holds the biggest stick... and we hold it. Better us than anyone else because someone else will hold it.

Not sure you want that @alanb

Let the Germans rearm. Maybe they will grow some balls and stand up to Russia. After all, they are 1-1 in wars, though the Russians had a major help on their win.

Plus, the Allies failed Eastern Europe post WW2.

Back